Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times

Advertisements

Travelling fella, only you would come up with such a story to go along with my thoughts on such a subject.... such an excellent way to put it into simple words. osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Post Healing

Hello again to those of goodwill.

YouTube - The Eagles & Linda Ronstadt -Desperado

Sometimes i am shocked acknowledging my own intuitive knowledge.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:08 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,965 times
Just stopping in to sit in peace for a spell. I find it interesting that the only two threads that I feel the need to check each day are this on and the prayer thread.

Blessings to all of you...
<><

Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Just stopping in to sit in peace for a spell. I find it interesting that the only two threads that I feel the need to check each day are this on and the prayer thread.

Blessings to all of you...
<><
A nice place to sit and rest one's spirit, a respite from the chaos that surrounds us.osay

Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Stepping back within the circle to be among the brothers and sisters who also sit here in one spirit of love, and in fellowship with each other and the creator...

Old 01-18-2009, 07:16 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Default no title

You know, Miss Blue, i went to the graveyards of this world recently (your words reminding me strongly, and some of them are beautiful places where you can see Daffodils at this time of the year), and it seems to me my dreams are buried there, no more no less.

YouTube - Americanta - White Buffalo

Fellowship is a word i prefer not to use anymore.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 AM

I think I may now understand a differnce between fellowship and friendship..I think I prefer friendship..You make me think, Effie..

Old 01-18-2009, 11:41 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Hi everyone,
Even though I have continued to sit in the circle and have peace since I have joined, I feel an emptiness now as I had to put Isis, one of my dogs to sleep this past week.
I would like for you all to say a prayer for my dog and to help me get through this grief.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:30 PM

songinthewind, first let me offer my condolences over the loss of a beloved pet and then let me offer this little bit of hope, it is something I got many years ago from a veterinarian when I lost a very dear friend to me. It's called The Rainbow Bridge.

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called The Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of The Rainbow Bridge is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, that pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing: they are not with their special person who love them on Earth. So, each day they run and play, until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The eyes are staring-and this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 PM

Songinthewind, many times it hurts us just as bad to lose our pets as it does a family member, because our pets ARE family..They bring us joy, companionship and will readily risk themselves for our protection..There is a forum here for grieving pet pwners..There is a lot of comfort and sharing there..https://www.city-data.com/forum/rainbow-bridge/
And yes it was inspired by the beautiful poem that Ptsum sent..
Hugs and prayers.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality