Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 06:42 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times

Advertisements

dear friends....
a present habitat can consist of mere habits. how does one get out of these?

YouTube - The Lascaux Prehistory Of Art
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
For quite some time now, when I started this thread, I was working on a sacred circle at my location in the foothills here, it takes some time to work on such a thing and I am pleased to say that it is near completion and I wish to offer a couple of pictures to show you what it looks like at present.
Attached Thumbnails
Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-007.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-008.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-010.jpg  

Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Thanks ptsum... I have wondered now and then what a sacred circle looked like..Do the specifics have a sacred meaning? Such as what appears to be rock formations?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Thanks ptsum... I have wondered now and then what a sacred circle looked like..Do the specifics have a sacred meaning? Such as what appears to be rock formations?
Yes,they do have a specific meaning, the four sacred directions and the winter and summer solstice and in the center is a small circle of seven stones that circle the sacred fire.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Thanks for the picture. Is the deer a frequent visitor? Is it a guide? It is good your home is close to a power spot. The water is a good thing......will you prepare a sweat lodge? What is the diameter of the center circle and of the ring? Do you have special stones for the cardinal points?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm thinking of building a similar circle near my house and am considering all I should put together and yours is inspiring me and frankly, I find it exciting. I have a place not far from my house that I feel is a place of power and that would be conducive to prayer and celebration (often the same thing).

I had a wise woman of the Cherokee tell me once, that the circle represents the world and also an individual. The stones located at the cardinal points (N,S,E,W) represent “the attitudes or attributes with which a person must view every event and consider every problem if he is to find enlightenment. Thus he must look at things from: 1) The direction of wisdom (arrow of the North), 2) The direction of innocence (the arrow of the south), 3) The direction of Introspection (the arrow of the West), 4) The direction of far sight (the arrow of the East)"

Failure to look from all perspectives means you have a biased view and this leads to error.

This is what I have been taught, perhaps ptsum has different traditions............

the seven stones around your circle, is this for the seven clans?

I never thought to ask about your heritage, ptsum, but my mothers mother was wolf clan..........I am not sure, but I believe I have roots with Nancy Ward........through the Starrs. FWIW, I have a good friend in Tennessee who is descended from Dragging Canoe.........

Last edited by Goodpasture; 07-13-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 PM

I am also Wolf Clan, from my great great grandmother, the circle is 28 feet across, from east to west or north to south, if you go from the outer circle in the East to the outer circle in the West, you will go through four segments at 7 foot widths, the four segments represent the four seasons of a person's life, the 7 foot length represents the sacred number 7, as does the seven stones around the sacred fire, if you look in the night sky you will see the Big Dipper has seven stars, also Orion's belt has seven stars and it is representative of the seven clans of the Tsalagi. And yes the deer is a frequent visitor and guide as well as the White Hawk who has been sitting in a tree in the upper meadow overseening. The stones are hand picked and each have a personal meaning to myself and honor the past six generations of my ancestors, I am seventh generation. Yes I will be preparing a sweat lodge once everything is completed.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Wado............you have given me something to think on..........

Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
I remember when you started the circle, Ptsum. Thank you for sharing the pictures, and information about it, (you have a lovely place, by the way).

Old 07-13-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I remember when you started the circle, Ptsum. Thank you for sharing the pictures, and information about it, (you have a lovely place, by the way).
Thank you CelticLady,you have been here with us a long time,from the beginning,how have your days been?You know you'll always have an honored place among us and my thoughts are with you always,it is always good to see you here.osay

Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Thank you CelticLady,you have been here with us a long time,from the beginning,how have your days been?You know you'll always have an honored place among us and my thoughts are with you always,it is always good to see you here.osay
Thank you for asking, Ptsum. My days are up and down, like a roller coaster, good moments, and bad, especially on days that involve a first, (today is one of those days, as it is my first birthday without him). I do feel cheated of a longer life with him, but, I am grateful for our twenty-eight years together. I know it is more that some people are given. I allow the tears to flow, but I also smile, and enjoy the sun. Like all of us, I take one day, one moment, at a time.

I am always glad to be here in our circle. I don't always say a lot, but I come here, every day, to read, and see what my friends are doing, and/or thinking. It means a great deal to me to hear their encouraging words, and thoughts, (whether meant specifically for me, or not), and to see the beautiful pictures that so many of you post. I have never met any of you, in person, and likely never will, but know that I am appreciative of you, just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality