Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times

Advertisements

Do we want to believe in the limitations they, the authorities, impose on us? Stepping in line is a good idea; for the advice is trustworthy. Will your daughter have the fortitude to accomplish? I'll willing to put my faith in that, having failed so much myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Thanks tgnostic, Aye, she has my fortitude, and she will make it without this fear! SHe is determined, and she truely is a unique individual. For instance, she had to take a spanish class when she was a freshman in hs, she hated it at first, it was hard, but she finished it with a B, she continued 2 more classes of it in the next two years, and went to Cabo san lucas with her grandmother, and could speak and understand everything around her! She has a good skill she can be an interpreter, and besides the girl can type with the speed of sound! She beats me hands down lol... Our state had to cut 6 million this year, and that cut into the grants promised to that college, so they had to pass it on to the kids. Most folks can handle it, some of us will be dropped from our opportunities. This is all results from 9/11 and the domino effect it rippled across the country. I will be here to catch her heart if she has to postpone her education, I am no stranger to that myself, so I know she will be ok no matter what. Faith! There is a reason for everything! We just dont know it all the time. Any ideas on where to put my donation info, are much appreciated!
Blessings
OA

Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I will step into your circle.

My beliefs are that their are different paths to God. God hears us all. Is with us all. That you will find your path if you look.
Like brother Goodpasture said, you would be welcomed at my campfire anytime and you will always be welcomed here in the sacred circle, there is always room for another. osay

Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
I sat out this evening after dinner, on the porch where Jack and I would sit and smoke and share life stories and scotch. This song came up on the play list. With your permission I will share it..........

YouTube - Johnny Cash Hurt

Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 AM

What a beautiful day it is, and I am glad in it!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Yes, and the Constellation of Orion was bright in the southern sky this morning, Betelgeuse,Bellatrix,Saiph,Rigel,Alnitak,Alnilam, and Mintaka were all very bright this morning and it was very comforting to see these old friends.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
Yaah, all of you, it is a beautiful day.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Yes, and the Constellation of Orion was bright in the southern sky this morning, Betelgeuse,Bellatrix,Saiph,Rigel,Alnitak,Alnilam, and Mintaka were all very bright this morning and it was very comforting to see these old friends.
And they all seemed to be twinkling this morning at 4am MST

Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Lasange, " it's what is going to be for dinner" , I shall cook the sauce all day. The sweet part is it was my late uncle Bob's receipe...I miss him, he was so very funny

Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 AM

That meal, was by far the best I have ever made! Homemade rolls that turned out so puffy and delicious! Then to top it, I made Peach Pie, out of Peaches I gathered from the orchard in Palisade CO in Sept, and the crust was so flaky and held up just perfect. WOW I had to share that joy with you. Am I always off topic?, lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality