Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Ptsum, I keep looking forward, and keep trying to make progress, yet I keep getting my teeth kicked in. What am I doing wrong? Help.

Expecting too much from that which you have no control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problem with the incessant itch from something like Poison Ivy is that scratching it only spreads it and makes the itch worse. Osay.
It is good that knowledge is not poison ivy, isn't it? Poison Ivy spreading is bad. Knowledge spreading is good........big big difference.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:54 PM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
It is good that knowledge is not poison ivy, isn't it? Poison Ivy spreading is bad. Knowledge spreading is good........big big difference.
When the knowledge is so negative and poisonous and generates so much angst and anger among descendants of victims (like masonsdaughter) . . . the difference from Poison Ivy tends to be negligible, IMO, brother. osay.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:57 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When the knowledge is so negative and poisonous and generates so much angst and anger among descendants of victims (like masonsdaughter) . . . the difference from Poison Ivy tends to be negligible, IMO, brother. osay.
So its better to hide the truth? Facts create angst and anger? Perhaps. I think it has more to do with the way people respond to facts. And it is the person responding that needs to control and deal with the anger.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Or maybe the person gets tired of only seeing the good side of everything and realizes that no matter what spin he or she puts on it, the reality is that he or she has no hope in this world.
And doing without to serve others means just that: Doing without.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Or maybe the person gets tired of only seeing the good side of everything and realizes that no matter what spin he or she puts on it, the reality is that he or she has no hope in this world.
And doing without to serve others means just that: Doing without.
I am virtually certain that is NOT the desired result from visits to this sacred circle, masonsdaughter. I also suspect it is not the intent of those who believe destructive and negative truths must be presented regardless of their impact on the vulnerable. DM me if you want to talk about anything that is troubling you so much that it generates such despair. Ptsum is also an excellent resource for you.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
I am sorry that I upset the applecart. I wish I could continue the upbeat, we will get through this attitude, but I can't. I won't be bothering you folks again. I wish ya'all the best.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:59 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
the reality is that he or she has no hope in this world.
Forget about the big picture. Just enjoy being alive today. Then enjoy being alive tomorrow. Keep repeating until you die. That's what life is all about.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Overheard at a supermarket by someone waiting in line and hearing a woman on a cell phone speaking in another language:

MAN: "I didn't want to say anything while you were on the phone, but we are in America now. We speak English.

WOMAN: "Excuse me?"

MAN (speaking very slowly): "If you want to speak Mexican you need to go back to Mexico. We are in America. We speak English."

WOMAN (also speaking very slow): "I was speaking Navajo. If you want to speak English, go back to England."
I love this - thank you for posting it Goodpasture.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
Quietly re-joining the Circle with gratitude, honor, and peace.

Gratitude that the Circle is still going strong after 5-1/2 years.

Honor for all here.

Peace for that is what I feel when I'm here.

Blessings
pnc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality