Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 12:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It would help if you looked at the evidence instead of inventing stuff as you go along.
Genau. er scheint mir ein wütender Messianer zu sein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 04:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
British israelism...The chosen of G-d is called a congregation not a church...Oh, and not all of the people in the northern kingdom of Israel were scattered, there remained pockets...
1. If you want to call it "British Israelism" O.K. - but I would also call it French, German, Spanish, etc., Israelism. In fact, the Spanish (1 Tribe of Israel) make up the majority of Central and South America.
2. If you want to call it a "congregation" instead of a "church" - O.K. - but God did tell Abraham that, through Abraham, God was going to build His Church.
3. Jacob did say that, because Joseph remained loyal to God while in captivity in Egypt, that his tribe, along with those of his 2 sons, would receive MANY rewards - for example, they would NEVER be conquered in war. You must know that the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and even modern Britain, fall into that category.
4. The Tribe of Dan was castigated by Jacob because the antichrist of Revelations would come from this Tribe. In Revelations, Dan was not included in the list of 144,000 members of God's Church.
I BELIEVE this to be Italy but we shall see.

My beliefs may be completely wrong, but, as I said, God knows where His Church is. - and I'm NOT talking about any of these organized Christian religions, Catholic, Protestant, or any other "so-called" Christian Church of God.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
1. If you want to call it "British Israelism" O.K. - but I would also call it French, German, Spanish, etc., Israelism. In fact, the Spanish (1 Tribe of Israel) make up the majority of Central and South America.
2. If you want to call it a "congregation" instead of a "church" - O.K. - but God did tell Abraham that, through Abraham, God was going to build His Church.
3. Jacob did say that, because Joseph remained loyal to God while in captivity in Egypt, that his tribe, along with those of his 2 sons, would receive MANY rewards - for example, they would NEVER be conquered in war. You must know that the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and even modern Britain, fall into that category.
4. The Tribe of Dan was castigated by Jacob because the antichrist of Revelations would come from this Tribe. In Revelations, Dan was not included in the list of 144,000 members of God's Church.

My beliefs may be completely wrong, but, as I said, God knows where His Church is. - and I'm NOT talking about any of these organized Christian religions, Catholic, Protestant, or any other "so-called" Christian Church of God.
British Israelism is a pseudoarchaeological belief that the people of the British Isles are "genetically, racially, and linguistically the direct descendants" of the Ten Lost Tribes of ancient Israel. With roots in the 16th century, British Israelism was inspired by several 19th century English writings such as John Wilson's 1840 Our Israelitish Origin. Numerous British Israelite organisations were set up throughout the British Empire as well as in America from the 1870s onwards; a number of these organisations are independently active as of the early 21st century. In America, the idea gave rise to the Christian Identity movement. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

G-d never told Avraham that He was going to build His church through Avraham...

Old 07-15-2020, 12:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
They’re called Ebionites and we’re persecuted and wiped out by the RCC...
They were teaching falsely, so yes, they heresy was defeated.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
They were teaching falsely, so yes, they heresy was defeated.
What, descendants of the original Jerusalem church?...Teaching falsely?...Heretics?...You do know that they descend from the church led by James the just, don’t you?...

Here’s something on the Ebionites:

https://religionshistory.blogspot.co...nites.html?m=1

Old 07-15-2020, 12:56 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:
British Israelism is a pseudoarchaeological belief that the people of the British Isles are "genetically, racially, and linguistically the direct descendants" of the Ten Lost Tribes of ancient Israel. With roots in the 16th century, British Israelism was inspired by several 19th century English writings such as John Wilson's 1840 Our Israelitish Origin. Numerous British Israelite organisations were set up throughout the British Empire as well as in America from the 1870s onwards; a number of these organisations are independently active as of the early 21st century. In America, the idea gave rise to the Christian Identity movement. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism
As I said, I believe that the British and all of the lands that they colonized, ARE descendants of the Tribe of Joseph and his 2 sons, the Italians are of the Tribe of Dan, the French are of another Tribe, the Jewish people are of the Tribe of Judah, etc.
My beliefs come from my interpretation of Jacobs prophecies in Genesis. Are they correct? - I can't say for certain - but they definitely do NOT come from any other belief system.
Whether God told Abraham or not, the fact remains that God's Church did come from him and from his descendants.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:13 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
What, descendants of the original Jerusalem church?...Teaching falsely?...Heretics?...You do know that they descend from the church led by James the just, don’t you?...

Here’s something on the Ebionites:

https://religionshistory.blogspot.co...nites.html?m=1
You believe that the Ebionites were expressing sound teaching as received from James?

Wow. OK.

No. It was heresy that has been soundly defeated and condemned a long time ago. The same way that Paul soundly condemned the Judaizers. Doesn't matter who they claim to have come from, if they're teaching heresy, they are wrong.

Old 07-15-2020, 06:13 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
You believe that the Ebionites were expressing sound teaching as received from James?

Wow. OK.

No. It was heresy that has been soundly defeated and condemned a long time ago. The same way that Paul soundly condemned the Judaizers. Doesn't matter who they claim to have come from, if they're teaching heresy, they are wrong.
The way I see it (and it is just the way I see it) is that it was Paul who was making up false claims that clashed with what Jesus' original disciples were teaching, which is what Jesus was teaching. The Gospels were written by Pauline Gentile Christians, reflecting his teachings, not those of the original disciples.

The Gentile church eventually got the power and declared all other teachings heretical. Doesn't mean they had it right.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 AM

Quote:

Wow. OK.

And you’re only called weak if someone bigger and stronger comes along and puts you down...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality