Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 12:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 12:51 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yes.
No, except in the stomachs of bugs and slugs when they help us decompose.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:52 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Lots of different ideas about this one.

Some people see "the light". Other people don't see anything. They blackout and wake up in the hospital without remembering anything. There are others who see darkness and weird stuff and describe it as a version of "hell".

Science says the brain is still active even 20 minutes after you are pronounced dead.

Are there any case studies of a person who died for like 40-60 minutes then came back to life? Meaning they came back to life after the time limit expired for the brain to have any possible activity?

I think people use the afterlife as a source of comfort that life continues and they will see their loved ones. The thought that dying is the end. You will just die and that's it is a thought many people can't comprehend.

There's also the idea of reincarnation where your "energy" will be transferred to another living thing and you start a new life from that living thing.
This lyric, song, is a story in itself: "...show me something that's never something again?" -lyrics

I slipped on ice and hit my head...got up okay...seemed fine...and I saw my keys on the ground, and that is when I remembered them. Then I saw my cap on the ground, and I remembered it...if I didn't see it I didn't remember it...when those people that woke up without remembering anything, I bet as soon as they saw a blanket, they remembered what it was.

Then after that, I couldn't find my eye glasses...for days I looked, I couldn't find them. And then I remembered where I fell, and went to look around the spot...and found them.

You mean like Christ was the lamb sacrificed from the foundation of the earth, by Abel; born again as Christ, and returning as a roaring lion. Literal, and spiritual...not necessarily one or the other.

Should we call it afterlife? or life everlasting?

What religions call afterlife, is obviously a mystery to them and is usually quite silly and always, "I don't really know."

But life everlasting...that ever la string...might be just stringing us along...

When you die, or after a good knock to the head, or a stretch of time, things get lost or forgotten; I think we have everlasting life, we just have a memory problem.

And I think we have access to a deeper more stable memory bank of Mr. Subconsciousness that links from one memory to another and if you start asking yourself the questions, digging around in that memory bank, you will find that you know things that you didn't think you knew...the more you dig and stir it, the more it comes back...good or bad; pleasant to some, troubling to others, when you have to honestly face your other self = a universal sub-consciousness of everything existing and operating beneath and beyond consciousness...where does consciousness return to in the end, if not back with Mr. Subconsciousness?

What is this living Sub-being that exists and operates with us beyond our consciousness?

I call it God.

I kinda think I ought not post this...but I think I will anyhow. It might could help. Just airing myself out.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:26 PM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Wow...I went back a few pages and why would I even want to post in this pit hole of disgust?

Old 08-09-2020, 04:43 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Wow...I went back a few pages and why would I even want to post in this pit hole of disgust?
Yes, why bother being exposed to thoughts that do not correspond to your preferred conclusion. Who would want to do that?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
you don't agree with calling anything god. that's the problem.

i have always said that science and religion are complementary.
my observation is that you often and consistently re-name and re-label all concepts and elements of "religion and spirituality" into science terms. that is not " co-existing." that is erasing and removing the concepts and elements you either don't like, don't agree with, don't believe, don't understand, feel squeamish about, feel are inferior. you use the phrase "less valid."

it is censorship. it is a behavior that removes, alters, changes that which you find unacceptable into that which you find acceptable. it is often "telling people what they mean" instead of allowing what they state or mean to stand as is.
You haven't given us anything like a good reason (nor has Mystic, who is trying to do the same) to do so.

".. science and religion are complementary.
Time to open the Theist - English dictionary again.
"Godfaith -claims can be made to appear substantial with fiddled science
."

We have seen this with fiddled history, Archaeology, Biology, cosmology and notably quantum physics. The latter has been a rich source of Woo intended to create some kind of case for God, right from the start.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:06 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You haven't given us anything like a good reason (nor has Mystic, who is trying to do the same) to do so.

".. science and religion are complementary.
Time to open the Theist - English dictionary again.
"Godfaith -claims can be made to appear substantial with fiddled science
."

We have seen this with fiddled history, Archaeology, Biology, cosmology and notably quantum physics. The latter has been a rich source of Woo intended to create some kind of case for God, right from the start.
The only one fiddling science and muddying the waters here is you and your ilk, Arq. You seem zealous and completely unrestrained in your ability to misrepresent, lie, smear, and denigrate anyone and anything theist. Your actions suspiciously seem to confirm Arach's suggestion that you might be a paid propagandist and atheist shill. But that does nothing to explain the similar actions of Harry and the others of your ilk here. Such zealotry in support of something you claim cannot be known is an enigma.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:09 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only one fiddling science and muddying the waters here is you and your ilk, Arq. You seem zealous and completely unrestrained in your ability to misrepresent, lie, smear, and denigrate anyone and anything theist. Your actions suspiciously seem to confirm Arach's suggestion that you might be a paid propagandist and atheist shill. But that does nothing to explain the similar actions of Harry and the others of your ilk here. Such zealotry in support of something you claim cannot be known is an enigma.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/science-technology/

Insert innocent whistling Smiley here.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:02 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/science-technology/
Insert innocent whistling Smiley here.
Insert broken record GIF here. My audience is not there and is unlikely to ever be there.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not from where I am sitting, I would sooner think somebody was paying you to represent Christianity when you dont believe the bible to be the word of God, at least we know what Arq is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality