Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 06:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I finally had a minute to start reading her words in post #1. And I'm still not finished, ha!

"The one thought when I came out of it was, I should share this with everyone. Everyone is in grief.
It is such a simple thing. *You just stop your thoughts.*
I did not know that. When this happened, I just found that I was able to stop my thoughts as and when I wished.
When people began to ask me how to do it, then only I realized it was difficult for others."

She is correct!! You just stop them. Period. Yes.
I try to help people with this - I say, Ok, close your eyes, pull down a black curtain behind your eye lids.
Stop all your thoughts, forget about your emotional...look ahead at the black curtain only...
and all the fear or anxiety or even panic - vanishes.

A pastor does something cute and it works...when you're angry, say, and I mean angry...
he says, ''Count back from 10. Where did the anger go?''
Lol, for those of you that try it ---you'll see.
Your focus was on counting and nothing else.
yeah ... only one time could I shut my brain off. they gave me an anti-depressant for my chronic back pain. It was really unbelievable actually not having 4732 thoughts per second. I few times I could actually have none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 06:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
The amount of interest in the thread suggests again to me that a dedicated Hindu forum or perhaps even a dedicated Hindu thread on R/S, might be a good idea.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:28 AM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The amount of interest in the thread suggests again to me that a dedicated Hindu forum or perhaps even a dedicated Hindu thread on R/S, might be a good idea.
Hinduism is not a monolith. The range of belief within it is all the way from Abrahamic to Atheistic. It is not pantheistic however. Praying to a tree as god, and as a manifestation of god are two different things.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Hinduism is not a monolith. The range of belief within it is all the way from Abrahamic to Atheistic. It is not pantheistic however. Praying to a tree as god, and as a manifestation of god are two different things.
a tire
a seat
a spark
a person

all facets of one car driving down the street.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:39 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Somebody can start a thread about Hinduism. As long as people keep posting, it will near the top of the list. People have requested a sub-forum, but I've never seen anything to make me think it will ever happen.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
There is only one god. Just one.
Then why does the bible god say not to worship any other god instead of saying its the only god?

Old 10-18-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Then why does the bible god say not to worship any other god instead of saying its the only god?
lmao ... not even you take this one seriously.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah ... only one time could I shut my brain off. they gave me an anti-depressant for my chronic back pain. It was really unbelievable actually not having 4732 thoughts per second. I few times I could actually have none.
I know, it really is quite something...ha, and now you know it is possible and what it feels like, great.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Then why does the bible god say not to worship
any other god instead of saying its the only god?
BRILLIANT! You should get a prize for that one!
OR
Start a thread on it! You are made in our image ---throw that into the thread, too!!!!

Old 10-18-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Knowing one's limitations is a good thing.
What limits!?

This group might enjoy reading Richard Bach's 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality