Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 08:16 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
facetious...
Yes, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 08:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

More empty claims. You’re a fraud...an angry fraud. My work here is done.
You haven't done a lick of work.

You bet your house on faith, not works.

Spoiler
And you're going to lose.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You haven't done a lick of work.

You bet your house on faith, not works.

Spoiler
And you're going to lose.
Well said and spot-on.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:43 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
You just made my point. No EVIDENCE. That's different than no PROOF. Proof is evidence so overwhelming as to eliminate reasonable doubt.
Will you make up your mind what you're saying? Or are you just dishonestly squirming around?

Old 12-31-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Will you make up your mind what you're saying? Or are you just dishonestly squirming around?
Your problem is that sometimes, I am speaking about the christian dogma to show how silly it is. Other times, am speaking objectively.

For example, when I speak about A & E, I am speaking from within the dogma to point out it's illogic.

Sorry you are having trouble keeping up, but I can't demonstrate the ridiculousness of dogma without speaking about it.

Here is a pervious post colorized for your reference.

Let me give you a sample of the sort of nonsense believers swallow that makes me certain that is all a lie.
Adam and Eve. I will couch the story in terms that accent the stupidity of what is contained in the fable.

Okay, god make Adam and Eve, he is wholly and totally responsible for every aspect of their existence. Strengths, weakness, etc. they being the sole creation of their creator, played, and could NOT have played any role whatsoever in their creation.

Along the way god installs in them a flawed decision-making protocol called Free Will. A protocol perfectly capable of making bad decisions. Again, god, not Adam or Eve, created and installed Free Will.

Furthermore, god being all-knowing knows what is going to happen ahead of time.

God puts Adam and Eve in the Garden or Eden and tells them not to eat the Apple (or orange, or whatever it was), knowing ahead of time what is going to happen.

He goes as far as to send a snake to further tempt them to eat the fruit (or nuts or whatever), again, with full fore-knowledge of what was going to happen. .

One day, A and E, being wholly the creation of their creator succumb (due to the weakness and susceptibility to temptation their creator saddled them with) to the temptation god put before them, and ate the kumquat (or whatever it was), whereupon god condemned them, and all future people to a hellish existence and would judge each one how they would conduct themselves, knowing full well with foreknowledge how each and every one would fare. Those that failed to get the right box tops went to hell.

And you want to spend all eternity with an SOB that slammed A & E, as well as all who followed, like that. Talk about insanity.

You pray and worship such an a-hole? Really? Sounds more like a demon to me.

Shall I use different color text for each manner in which I speak?

BTW, I am not squirming, honestly OR dishonestly. I am, however, amazed that you're having trouble differentiating the two modes of speaking.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Your problem is that sometimes, I am speaking about the christian dogma to show how silly it is. Other times, am speaking objectively.

For example, when I speak about A & E, I am speaking from within the dogma to point out it's illogic.

Sorry you are having trouble keeping up, but I can't demonstrate the ridiculousness of dogma without speaking about it.

Let me give you a sample of the sort of nonsense believers swallow that makes me certain that is all a lie.
Adam and Eve. I will couch the story in terms that accent the stupidity of what is contained in the fable.

Okay, god make Adam and Eve, he is wholly and totally responsible for every aspect of their existence. Strengths, weakness, etc. they being the sole creation of their creator, played, and could NOT have played any role whatsoever in their creation.

Along the way god installs in them a flawed decision-making protocol called Free Will. A protocol perfectly capable of making bad decisions. Again, god, not Adam or Eve, created and installed Free Will.

God puts Adam and Eve in the Garden or Eden and tells them not to eat the Apple (or orange, or whatever it was), knowing ahead of time what is going to happen.

He goes as far as to send a snake to further tempt them to eat the fruit (or nuts or whatever), again, with full fore-knowledge of what was going to happen. .

One day, A and E, being wholly the creation of their creator succumb (due to the weakness and susceptibility to temptation their creator saddled them with) to the temptation god put before them, and ate the kumquat (or whatever it was), whereupon god condemned them, and all future people to a hellish existence and would judge each one how they would conduct themselves, knowing full well with foreknowledge how each and every one would fare. Those that failed to get the right box tops went to hell.

And you want to spend all eternity with an SOB that slammed A & E, as well as all who followed, like that. Talk about insanity.

BTW, I am not squirming, honestly OR dishonestly. I am, however, amazed that you're having trouble differentiating the two modes of speaking.
I'm sure mods will tell you red is reserved for their moderation comments. It's actually in the rules.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:

You're going crazy. All that after my simple point was that you cannot say definitively that there is no god.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm sure mods will tell you red is reserved for their moderation comments. It's actually in the rules.
Ooops.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're going crazy. All that after my simple point was that you cannot say definitively that there is no god.
With all rational reason I can. Theoretically, I suppose there is a one in trillion trillion chance, but in real terms, I can. No evidence = no god.

Your point is a distinction without a difference. Like I said earlier 99.999999999% certainty there is no god, and you want to argue 00.00000000001% Sounds a bit deep-endish to me. For all intents and purposes it is a certainty. If you want to call it virtual-certainty, well I suppose you can hang onto the 00.000000001%. I'll hang onto the 99.99999999%.

Fair enough.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
With all rational reason I can. Theoretically, I suppose there is a one in trillion trillion chance, but in real terms, I can. No evidence = no god.

Your point is a distinction without a difference. Like I said earlier 99.999999999% certainty there is no god, and you want to argue 00.00000000001% Sounds a bit deep-endish to me. For all intents and purposes it is a certainty. If you want to call it virtual-certainty, well I suppose you can hang onto the 00.000000001%. I'll hang onto the 99.99999999%.

Fair enough.
No. You're just making up a number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality