Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 01:51 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
The joke is your religion. And the joke is on YOU!!!!

How can you not see that the promises of eternal life are as phony as a $3.00 bill. You've thrown a big chunk of your life and your life energy away on a HUGE Lie that you swallowed.
Wow. Touched a nerve, huh? That really irks you, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 01:58 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
There are a lot of seriously damaged souls out there, BapFun, who are abreacting to whatever they believe harmed them.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:02 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
OK, thanks for answering.

You identified as a deist in the past. What is the reason you now identify as agnostic?

Have you ever identified as Christian? (Sorry, I can’t remember)

Have you ever identified as an atheist?
i go back and forth between the two. I grew up Catholic and in my early 20-30's I was Christian.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:06 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No, it amuses me. Your lust for immortality controls you, and it was intended to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Of course. I wrote that it's POSSIBLE; not that it's PROBABLE.
What makes you think it's possible if it's never happened before? If growing a limb back is possible then it's also possible to grow tentacles out of my mouth. It's possible for me to grow additional limbs. It's possible for Santa Claus to be real and deliver presents to every kid in one night. The problem is your world view is wrong. A person can have the worldview that they can fly until they jump off a building and realize they were wrong.

521 posts, read 163,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The god of the bible is a lot of things: inept, narcissistic, bombastic, psychotic, loathsome and completely devoid of anything resembling spirituality, compassion, empathy or love.

But it makes for a great villain.

It also makes for a great President.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:09 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are a lot of seriously damaged souls out there, BapFun, who are abreacting to whatever they believe harmed them.
Ah, yes. Projection rears its ugly head. Not surprised.

I am against the LIE of religion not because it hurt me (which it no longer does), but because it hurts humanity. See if you can wrap your inelastic head around that concept.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:12 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Ah, yes. Projection rears its ugly (and stupid) head. Not surprised.
I am against the LIE of religion not because it hurt me (which it no longer does), but because it hurts humanity. See if you can wrap your inelastic head around that concept.
Denial is a frequent accompaniment to such abreaction to the frustration of accumulated damage over time.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Let me ask you a question: What do YOU deem as "impossible"?
Humans walking on water. Humans flying. Growing additional limbs, additional eyes, etc.

Quote:
It doesn't demonstrate how God IS a "failure", either. In fact, it demonstrates MORE SO, that He isn't...
It demonstrates he either doesn't care or he doesn't exist.

Quote:
I believe God has healed MANY people in history. Just because we may not know about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Exactly, key word here. You BELIEVE. You can have blind faith God heals every day but at the end of the day you have no evidence that an invisible God has intervened in this world.
Quote:
Sorry Diesel, but your attitude is the same as the the non-believers of past times. You want "proof", yet you don't really seek it. You want someone else to TELL you about the proof, but you don't want to try to discover it for yourself. And when evidence is presented to you, you don't believe it's evidence.
I'm just not a believer of Christianity. I believe it's possible a God exists, just not the one as described in the Bible. I already found the evidence and it is evidence against the existence of the Christian God.

Quote:
God IS all loving, but you seem to think that means that God "should" give you ANYTHING YOU WANT...or ANYTHING YOU THINK YOU OR ANYONE ELSE "SHOULD" GET.
Tell that to the Christian parents who birthed a child with a life long disease. Why would you pray to a God that created this disease and then allowed this disease to strike your child after you have been a life long Christian praying to this God? Doesn't sound like an ALL loving God to me.'

Also if God is Love, and love is not jealous [1 Corinthians 13: 4] and God is jealous [Exodus 20:5] How can all three verses be simultaneously true?

Old 01-16-2021, 02:26 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
What makes you think it's possible if it's never happened before? If growing a limb back is possible then it's also possible to grow tentacles out of my mouth. It's possible for me to grow additional limbs. It's possible for Santa Claus to be real and deliver presents to every kid in one night. The problem is your world view is wrong. A person can have the worldview that they can fly until they jump off a building and realize they were wrong.
If I may indulge, salamanders regrow lost limbs and geckos regrow lost tails so it would seem that in the grand scheme of things that it COULD be possible, hypothetically at least. It would of course require triggering the regenerative gene IF we had one or perhaps introducing a regenerative gene.

The real question then would be; "Can God do it?"

And now I must carry on with my assignment. There are few posts I would still like to reply to but later perhaps.

Last edited by 303Guy; 01-16-2021 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality