Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 05:05 AM

11,494 posts, read 6,008,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
I've always thought this since I was a kid and it's always made sense to me.

After life there is death. There is no arguing that.

But what about death after life?

It's simple. After death is life. There cannot be life without death and vice versa.

You are supposed to die in order to live again, because over time the body deteriorates.

The reason I say that is because we live in a universe that is revolving. The sun rises and then the sun sets and then it rises again.

The Earth orbits the Sun over and over. Everything is revolving.

Plants die in the winter and re-grow in the spring.

When you stop and think of how the universe is revolving, it becomes much easier to understand that life and death is also revolving. Everything in the universe is one.

Your post does not suggest life-after-death. Your posts suggests alternating periods of life and death over a continuous spectrum. As if life and death are continous cycles. I have seen nothing that suggests such a thing but you get an A for imagination.

As far as your example re: "The sun rises and then the sun sets and then it rises again". That is not exactly true, is it. At some point, the star burns out or goes supernova or becomes a black hole and never more does the sun rise or set. So it is finite. The sun DIES, and the cycle ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 05:11 AM

11,494 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well,Imo, 'judgement' after ones death does seem logical and appropriate...and if you happened to be a person that took pleasure in harming others, some type of punishment would also seem appropriate.

I don't find this intuitively true at all. It takes a human mindset to believe this. I am not saying we won't be judged after death, I am just saying the belief is based on a human persepective of justice and judgment. Just because human beings require justice and judgment does not mean a supreme being requires it. Maybe, and maybe not. Maybe a supreme being is more noble and tolerant than human beings are.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I don't find this intuitively true at all. It takes a human mindset to believe this. I am not saying we won't be judged after death, I am just saying the belief is based on a human persepective of justice and judgment. Just because human beings require justice and judgment does not mean a supreme being requires it. Maybe, and maybe not. Maybe a supreme being is more noble and tolerant than human beings are.
exactly ... just like how we judge ants that raid a neighboring colony.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:59 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Fishing comes with it, Miss H was supposed to come this way but I dont hardly see her anymore. I was never interested in money but here lately I have been thinking about putting a thousand dollar challenge in the Waco Fort worth news for any Christian to come and get if I can't prove what I say in ten min, and if the Christian says I am wrong, let him take the thousand.

There should be some kind of challenge between Christian's, they need a reality show like that, there should be a competition that weeds out some and progresses some.
The fact there is no such reality show should tell us something, but if you've got the goods, I'd get in touch with a TV producer right away. Though you are not interested in the money, there would be God loads of money to be made if anything like you describe could be captured on video, and think of all the good God work you could do with that money! Not to mention converting all of us to believe as you do just like that...

Old 02-13-2021, 03:56 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The God of the Bible requires justice; justice is a reason why God sent Jesus to Earth for us to balance the Scales of Justice for us.
We can't balances the scales because we all for short due to inherited imperfection from fallen father Adam.
Since death (our dying) pays the price for adamic sins, thus the price tag of sin at death is: Paid in Full - Romans 6:23,7
What a person does 'after ' they are resurrected is what will judge them.

Yes, God is tolerant and noble but there is a finish line for those of us still alive at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37
At this coming ' time of separating ' on Earth for the living it is the figurative humble ' sheep ' who can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth, to be alive on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth.
Wicked people are ' destroyed forever ' meaning No further life anywhere in Heaven or on Earth - Psalms 92:7; 104:35.
No resurrection for anyone who commits the unforgivable sin as found at Matthew 12:32.
We are all invited to ' repent ' if we don't want to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 02-13-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Alright, here's my response. The vast majority of your posts are nothing more than quoting bible verses. That is not having an open mind. It just isn't.
Did you read post # 16 on page 2 _____________
I am curious as to your response to post # 16
If No response does that mean you have a closed mind ___________

Old 02-13-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do reply as Christian based or Bible based.
Yes, we should be open-minded, after all the mind should work like a parachute: it must be open.
( However, I find some people's minds are so far wide open one would think their brains could fall out )
Yes, there can be a difference between an open mind, or even minded so as to have a sound mind.
If I remember right, there is a Buddhist saying I like that there is more tears shed on Earth then water in the oceans.
So, if I am right, is life on Earth with you equated with suffering _________
Most people think I'm absurd having the concept of everlasting life on Earth.
Still, don't we want to see suffering eliminated and know the meaning of life____________
Or, what do you believe would be needed to bring an end to pain or misery for all ?.
Phetaroi, please note ^ above ^ is what I am hoping you will reply, Thank You.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:05 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
The God of the Bible requires justice; justice is a reason why God sent Jesus to Earth for us to balance the Scales of Justice for us.
On what basis have you determined that is what God wants as opposed, say, to sending Jesus to correct our ignorant ancestors' primitive and barbaric beliefs about God??? This concern for Justice is an entirely human concern based on the belief that God is angry with us so why would God pay it any mind at all except to correct it???

Old 02-13-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
On what basis have you determined that is what God wants as opposed, say, to sending Jesus to correct our ignorant ancestors' primitive and barbaric beliefs about God??? This concern for Justice is an entirely human concern based on the belief that God is angry with us so why would God pay it any mind at all except to correct it???
Seems to me, as time passes it is more like man who is angry at God - 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
God lovingly wants ALL to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Jesus' concern is: justice. Jesus is the figurative ' stone ' that hits the feet of man's kingdoms - Daniel 2:35,44.
To me we are nearing the time of that political statue's feet, or maybe even closer to the ' time of the toenails '.
I wouldn't necessarily use the word ignorant but un-educated ancestors......
Their death paid sin's price in full for their sins - see Romans 6:23,7.
Thus, when they are resurrected then they will have the opportunity to ' correct ' any wrong thinking - Psalm 72:8
At that time the Earth will be full of the knowledge (education) of God - Isaiah 11:9

Old 02-13-2021, 05:06 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Seems to me, as time passes it is more like man who is angry at God - 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
God lovingly wants ALL to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Jesus' concern is: justice. Jesus is the figurative ' stone ' that hits the feet of man's kingdoms - Daniel 2:35,44.
To me we are nearing the time of that political statue's feet, or maybe even closer to the ' time of the toenails '.
I wouldn't necessarily use the word ignorant but un-educated ancestors......
Their death paid sin's price in full for their sins - see Romans 6:23,7.
Thus, when they are resurrected then they will have the opportunity to ' correct ' any wrong thinking - Psalm 72:8
At that time the Earth will be full of the knowledge (education) of God - Isaiah 11:9
Are you even capable of independent intellectual thought without copying and pasting the Bible??? This makes zero sense and does not come close to answering my question about how you know what God's motives were or are???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality