Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 07:53 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Did you read post # 16 on page 2 _____________
I am curious as to your response to post # 16
If No response does that mean you have a closed mind ___________
I would agree with those who see you as absurd.

Are you satisfied now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 10:42 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I don't find this intuitively true at all. It takes a human mindset to believe this. I am not saying we won't be judged after death, I am just saying the belief is based on a human persepective of justice and judgment. Just because human beings require justice and judgment does not mean a supreme being requires it. Maybe, and maybe not. Maybe a supreme being is more noble and tolerant than human beings are.
I agree. Arach (while completely failing to understand your argument, because he was too intent on peddling his own) made a good point - the universe (so far as we know) does what it does naturally; and to apply human standards of morality is parochial and short - sighted. However, as you say, If there is a god that has at least our level of intelligence, judgement after death would have to be better than the old brutal moral codes we had when religions were evolved or, rather borrowed from earlier cultures, rebranded and marketed to the locals.

Thus (from the atheist point if view) while we see no good reason to suppose there is any kind of afterlife, IF there was one, there is no reason to be afraid of it. Judgement - threat ceases to have the coercive power to make us give support (not to mention boodle) to religious authorities.

Quote:
Seems to me, as time passes it is more like man who is angry at God - 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
God lovingly wants ALL to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Jesus' concern is: justice. Jesus is the figurative ' stone ' that hits the feet of man's kingdoms - Daniel 2:35,44.
To me we are nearing the time of that political statue's feet, or maybe even closer to the ' time of the toenails '.
I wouldn't necessarily use the word ignorant but un-educated ancestors......
Their death paid sin's price in full for their sins - see Romans 6:23,7.
Thus, when they are resurrected then they will have the opportunity to ' correct ' any wrong thinking - Psalm 72:8
At that time the Earth will be full of the knowledge (education) of God - Isaiah 11:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would agree with those who see you as absurd.

Are you satisfied now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you even capable of independent intellectual thought without copying and pasting the Bible??? This makes zero sense and does not come close to answering my question about how you know what God's motives were or are???
I've always said that we agree on more than we disagree on.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-13-2021 at 10:51 PM..

Old 02-14-2021, 10:08 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I agree. Arach (while completely failing to understand your argument, because he was too intent on peddling his own) made a good point - the universe (so far as we know) does what it does naturally; and to apply human standards of morality is parochial and short - sighted. However, as you say, If there is a god that has at least our level of intelligence, judgement after death would have to be better than the old brutal moral codes we had when religions were evolved or, rather borrowed from earlier cultures, rebranded and marketed to the locals.

Thus (from the atheist point if view) while we see no good reason to suppose there is any kind of afterlife, IF there was one, there is no reason to be afraid of it. Judgement - threat ceases to have the coercive power to make us give support (not to mention boodle) to religious authorities.

Much if not all of this is much like the fun of imagining what we might expect if we suddenly found ourselves in Middle Earth with Bilbo Baggins...

To share in the fun, I'll just add that I've heard it said God made man in his image. When imagining a God, my biggest fear is that he is anything like man, because if he is we're in big trouble. If God is female, then we're all going to hell and none of us will know why.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:19 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
"God" is both male and female. It gives principle to both. We are not talking about actual physical bodies, that's Hindu pictography of neutral gender male/female gods(same principle, BTW). We are referring to PRINCIPLES of masculinity and femininity. Principles that, eventually, coalesce into male and female type bodies. If you REALLY look into this, you'll find that, there is little to none difference between the two. Physically speaking.

Human body is the way it is because it is representative of the entire universe.

The head cavity represents the Light World
The chest cavity represents the Life World
The abdominal cavity represents the Form World
The pelvic cavity represents the Physical world.

"god" has none to do with this. This was referred to lay minds in terms, understandable to them. God, made, creations, etc.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:25 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
"God" is both male and female. It gives principle to both.

Human body is the way it is because it is representative of the entire universe.

The head cavity represents the Light World
The chest cavity represents the Life World
The abdominal cavity represents the Form World
The pelvic cavity represents the Physical world.

"god" has none to do with this. This was referred to lay minds in terms, understandable to them. God, made, creations, etc.
Very creative!

I'm going to think about all this symbolism as this male needs to sign off now in deference to a certain female who has certain expectations on Valentine's Day that involve all the worlds you describe above. Wish me luck...

Old 02-14-2021, 10:49 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That is true, Arq.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:26 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would agree with those who see you as absurd. Are you satisfied now?
Huh, satisfied with what ____________
Please reply to post # 16 on page 2.
How can I be satisfied if you won't reply_____________
Please see reposting below at post # 68

Old 02-14-2021, 01:28 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do reply as Christian based or Bible based.
Yes, we should be open-minded, after all the mind should work like a parachute: it must be open.
( However, I find some people's minds are so far wide open one would think their brains could fall out )
Yes, there can be a difference between an open mind, or even minded so as to have a sound mind.

If I remember right, there is a Buddhist saying I like that there is more tears shed on Earth then water in the oceans.
So, if I am right, is life on Earth with you equated with suffering _________
Most people think I'm absurd having the concept of everlasting life on Earth.
Still, don't we want to see suffering eliminated and know the meaning of life____________
Or, what do you believe would be needed to bring an end to pain or misery for all ?.
PHETAROI , Please reply to post # 16 as reposted ^ above ^

Old 02-14-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Huh, satisfied with what ____________
Please reply to post # 16 on page 2.
How can I be satisfied if you won't reply_____________
Please see reposting below at post # 68
It's not my job to post in a way that satisfies you.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
PHETAROI , Please reply to post # 16 as reposted ^ above ^
I've already responded to this. Just not in the way you desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality