Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 03:25 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,209,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
manapplet ... that is an awesome name. I tell people were are really just applets in a sea of data processing. I get a lot of tilted heads and tungs.
Do you make oil from those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 03:26 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Dinosaurs were not created. (Unless someone has some proof they can share) so I call false premise. They evolved. And were apparently wiped out (along with most other lifeforms on this rock then) by an earth impact with some other large object. Seriously bad luck. As to being a dead end had they not lost the astronomical lottery they might have prevented the rise of humans and remained the biggest baddest thing ever. Same thing could happen to us and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. Wait long enough and it is almost a numerical inevitability. Never mind that the sun itself is a ticking time bomb to supernova. The real question is how many other planets have hosted life only for it to get snuffed out or still remain? Over the billions of years involved and given the travel times to the rest of the universe we may never encounter a nexus. But certainly creation has nothing to do with reality.
Actually, our sun doesn't have enough mass to explode as a supernova. The sun would have to have 8 times its mass in order to go supernova. Instead, once our sun nears the end of its life it will expand into a red giant and then collapse into a white dwarf.

https://www.universetoday.com/107791...e-sun-explode/

Old 03-04-2021, 03:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
My sincerest sympathies to him. Thanks for the info.
yeah, I really have to concentrate to even see the red lines under mispellings. And I sware the words are there when I read them ... then when I come back a word is missing, extra letters, and I have to edit.

But don't don't sympathy. I earned the blind eye and being called lazy and stupid up until the age 18 really did wonders.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Do you make oil from those?
lmao, its against the law.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:34 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,209,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Actually, our sun doesn't have enough mass to explode as a supernova. The sun would have to have 8 times its mass in order to go supernova. Instead, once our sun nears the end of its life it will expand into a red giant and then collapse into a white dwarf.

And the difference this will make to the fate of man is .....

Old 03-04-2021, 03:44 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,701 times
Quote:
Congratulations on your use of the scoundrel's debate tactic of last resort, the strawman.

I never said any of those things. I said it wasn't being (read carefully) DESTROYED.

You seem to have some significant reading comprehension problems. First you don't get a simple metaphor for pollution, and now you confuse a question for an accusatory statement towards you. To simplify it again for you, those were questions. That's what the little upside down J thingy with the dot below it means;a question is being asked.

I'm starting to wonder of how much value attempting a discussion with someone who fails at understanding simple English is. I learned punctuation and metaphors in elementary school.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
We could could get far enough way from it. When they go bang ... you have to be really far away. i wonder if some of the sun will be absorbed by Saturn and Jupiter and make two new stars.

sounds like a syfy story. We could move there. If it goes Bang ... that aint happening.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:50 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Dinosaurs were not created. (Unless someone has some proof they can share) so I call false premise. They evolved. And were apparently wiped out (along with most other lifeforms on this rock then) by an earth impact with some other large object. Seriously bad luck. As to being a dead end had they not lost the astronomical lottery they might have prevented the rise of humans and remained the biggest baddest thing ever. Same thing could happen to us and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. Wait long enough and it is almost a numerical inevitability. Never mind that the sun itself is a ticking time bomb to supernova. The real question is how many other planets have hosted life only for it to get snuffed out or still remain? Over the billions of years involved and given the travel times to the rest of the universe we may never encounter a nexus. But certainly creation has nothing to do with reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post

Quote:
I simply corrected you. Inaccurate scientific statements should not go uncorrected.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:07 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, I really have to concentrate to even see the red lines under mispellings. And I sware the words are there when I read them ... then when I come back a word is missing, extra letters, and I have to edit.

But don't don't sympathy. I earned the blind eye and being called lazy and stupid up until the age 18 really did wonders.
I offer my most sincere apologies for giving you a hard time. I really enjoy this sort of in-your-face debate, but it is all sport, not serious. You seem like a good chap! Regards.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:08 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
I offer my most sincere apologies for giving you a hard time. I really enjoy this sort of in-your-face debate, but it is all sport, not serious. You seem like a good chap! Regards.
The mistake you make is that to many of us, this general topic is not sport...it is serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality