Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 03:34 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times

Advertisements

The sovereign of life and death Jesus said ``Very truly I say to you, He that hears my Word, and believes on Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and will not come into condemnation, but is passed from death to life``… John 5:24..... So believers in God will lean on believing as the King of life words are sound, as even the Taliban cancel culture will not have any authority to Stop God when these believers reject fear to God

Old 03-14-2021, 03:45 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the notion that atheism could convince anyone of anything
is amusing.

because atheism is nothing. and has nothing.
it has no power. to do anything.
it is utterly without.
And yet here you are, misrepresenting atheism.

I find it amusing when people argue atheism is nothing until they need it to be something.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Lots of religions don't have the hell threat loaming overhead.

Not sure what percentage of believers actually hate non believers. Some 9n this forum sure but how common is it really?
It may be the same reason we are here. They feel they have to Do Something about it. It always amuses me when they accuse us of having some broken psyche reason for being here which does not of course apply to them posting dozens of posts here.

Which of course leads to the usual chain of 'reasoning'.

'Well this is a forum for believers to talk - not for atheists.'
'Correction, the religion - and atheism -forums have also a general discussion of religion from all (on topic) angles.'
'But why do you even care? Why can't you let people believe what they like?'
'Why can't you? Why are you here battling for your beliefs?"
"I'm not. I'm not arguin' just tellin'."
"Then do it on your dedicated forum; this is discussion/debate".
"What's it to you? You're not even American"
"You've been at my dental records! Think of me as an goddless Billy Graham. Like his son."

Old 03-14-2021, 05:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
...fear.

If atheists are right, many believers would think their lives wasted.

The thought is as terrifying as ... as...the prospect of an eternity in hell!

It's unthinkable.

So, they don't.

Until confronted with at-total-peace-with-themselves atheists.

How dare they feel good about life, themselves, their children and the future?

And so it goes.
I hear the phase "But that would mean I was wrong my whole life." being said INTRW. So I think you have point. And if they would change their belief the only difference between them and me, they won't be tomorrow.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
is amusing.

it is utterly without.
You just keep preaching unreasoning and closed -minded anti -atheist prejudice, Tzaph. You are doing a great job for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The sovereign of life and death Jesus said ``Very truly I say to you, He that hears my Word, and believes on Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and will not come into condemnation, but is passed from death to life``… John 5:24..... So believers in God will lean on believing as the King of life words are sound, as even the Taliban cancel culture will not have any authority to Stop God when these believers reject fear to God
And you keep on preaching your faith - claims, and much good may they do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I hear the phase "But that would mean I was wrong my whole life." being said INTRW. So I think you have point. And if they would change their belief the only difference between them and me, they won't be tomorrow.
If I come to the conclusion I was wrong my whole life, I'd be happy to wise up. But I need more than just someone saying so.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-14-2021 at 08:28 AM..

Old 03-14-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Nipped for space ...

If I come to the conclusion I was wrong my whole life, I'd be happy to wise up. But I need more than someone saying so.
And when it starts looking like we are wrong ... get the educational process changed .

Old 03-14-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
And when it starts looking like we are wrong ... get the educational process changed .
They certainly tried to - but that was sunk at Dover -kitzmiller. Not that they aren't still trying, but the law is now against them. And the attempt to take over the Law has failed (thank Non-god).

Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,701 times
Quote:
is amusing.

it is utterly without.
Are you suggesting no believer has ever become atheist?

Old 03-14-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Are you suggesting no believer has ever become atheist?
Oh...they were never Really believers in the first place . And of course atheists have become believers. I might have done had I had a Revelation while at Mahasi yeiktha (1). I have a doubts that any 'thinking' atheist who knows the apologetics and the 'Other side' (see the notorious Strobel conversion -claim debunked) arguments is unlikely to be talked into conversion.

But one never knows for sure, one can only be aware of all the factors and not just make claims based on bias -confirmation of prejudices, which we get a sight too much of rather than actually arguing the case.

Haven't you noticed that we only get attacks on atheist as atheists and hardly anything about the case?

(1)
and why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZFCOfkX24

Old 03-14-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
They certainly tried to - but that was sunk at Dover -kitzmiller. Not that they aren't still trying, but the law is now against them. And the attempt to take over the Law has failed (thank Non-god).
yeah, they also got basic science, that any 9th grader learns, stopped and others belief deemed "no good for "our" goal" shuffled off into the remote part of the "empire". All in an order to defend their base line faith statement of deny everything because we are here to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality