Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 10:30 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
...snip...

I'm willing to have an honest discussion. Are you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 10:42 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
It's one example. Another would be the holocaust. It was inherently evil.

You're confusing categories. God never did that.

If one fails to see the depth of their own sin and the holiness of God, then one can certainly get that idea. But there is no example in Scripture of God doing an objectively immoral thing.

You want to declare him to be immoral because you don't like the things he does. But you've never given me a basis for declaring them to be immoral other than that you just don't like it.

I'm willing to have an honest discussion. Are you?
The Bible is filled with God either doing immoral acts or giving rules for committing immorakbacts.

Is it ever m9rality to stone to death a rape victim. I'd you cannot say it was never moral to do so then you are not moral.

Was it ever moral to tell b the Israeli to kill all the survivors 9f a battle but spare the females that had not know man for their own use. No it was never moral.

Was it ever moral for God to command to kill the livestock of a defeated nation? You like the notion 9f stoning to death a victim of rape? Can you honestly even justify that? 8f the Bible is where we get our morals and are objective then you must support the stoning of some rape victims. Otherwise you are just using your opinion.

If you are ready to start an honest discussion that is good

Answer me this question honesty

Why did you focus on the sole sat of torturing babies for personal pleasure in discussing morality?

Old 04-16-2021, 10:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The Bible is filled with God either doing immoral acts or giving rules for committing immorakbacts.
At least according to your standard, right?

Quote:
Is it ever m9rality to stone to death a rape victim. I'd you cannot say it was never moral to do so then you are not moral.
Show me where that happens.
Quote:
Was it ever moral to tell b the Israeli to kill all the survivors 9f a battle but spare the females that had not know man for their own use. No it was never moral.
Yes.
Quote:
Was it ever moral for God to command to kill the livestock of a defeated nation?
Yes.
Quote:

You like the notion 9f stoning to death a victim of rape?
He never did that.
Quote:
Can you honestly even justify that? 8f the Bible is where we get our morals and are objective then you must support the stoning of some rape victims. Otherwise you are just using your opinion.

If you are ready to start an honest discussion that is good

Answer me this question honesty

Why did you focus on the sole sat of torturing babies for personal pleasure in discussing morality?
Because it demonstrates that there is such a thing as objective, absolute morality. And that does not come from human beings. We don't get to decide what is moral and what is immoral.

You know it's wrong to do it, but you can't tell me WHY it's wrong. It's a major gap in your argument.

Here's the thing....we all agree that we can't REALLY understand God...but when we say that God has done something you don't like? Then you are quick to declare him evil. I find that fascinating.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:01 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
But would it be morally GOOD? Does a group of people doing something make it moral?
Hey, you're the folks who keep reminding us that you're in the majority.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Show me where that happens.

Yes.

Yes.

He never did that.

Because it demonstrates that there is such a thing as objective, absolute morality. And that does not come from human beings. We don't get to decide what is moral and what is immoral.

You know it's wrong to do it, but you can't tell me WHY it's wrong. It's a major gap in your argument.

Here's the thing....we all agree that we can't REALLY understand God...but when we say that God has done something you don't like? Then you are quick to declare him evil. I find that fascinating.
Deutromety 22. 24 o think and another place about if a rape victim in a city does not call out loud enough. It's your book not mine and you should know even the terrible things in it like slavery which you always fall to understand and pretend the rules for Hebrew males applied to all slaves.

I never explained exactly why touring babies for personal pleasure is immoral as I do not think you specifically asked for that.

It is immoral because it goes against well being. It harms the baby, probably for life and will adversely harm the family and all future relationships. It also harms the person who does the torturing as it desensitized that person from the harm he or she has done and allows them to believe that torturing and harming others is acceptable.

If it doesn't state clearly on your book that torturing babies for personal pleasure is immoral than where did you get that notion?

Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Deutromety 22. 24 o think and another place about if a rape victim in a city does not call out loud enough. It's your book not mine and you should know even the terrible things in it like slavery which you always fall to understand and pretend the rules for Hebrew males applied to all slaves.
try that again. I think you missed the address.

The reason I'm asking for a reference is because I believe you're either reading a passage wrong or misrepresenting it. Maybe you just don't understand what it's saying, but let's talk about apples to apples here.
Quote:
I never explained exactly why touring babies for personal pleasure is immoral as I do not think you specifically asked for that.
You said it's immoral. I agree. But you have not given me a basis for it other than it harms them, right? I haven't seen you define why harm is the standard.
Quote:
It is immoral because it goes against well being. It harms the baby, probably for life and will adversely harm the family and all future relationships. It also harms the person who does the torturing as it desensitized that person from the harm he or she has done and allows them to believe that torturing and harming others is acceptable.
Now demonstrate why that should be the standard. You're assuming it is, but again, that's based on opinion, not objective fact.
Quote:
If it doesn't state clearly on your book that torturing babies for personal pleasure is immoral than where did you get that notion?
Exodus 20:13 -- Do not murder. Besides a myriad of others that say not to harm the innocent or vulnerable.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
None of those meet the standard which I'm asking. You again fail to answer the question I'm asking. You are even telling me "if you don't do that, you're moral", in my eye. That's not the point of why I'm asking it. The fact that you can't even see that demonstrates you aren't willing to have a real discussion here.

I'm not asking if we can excuse it for politics, for war, for anything. The most heinous thing I can think of is to torture a baby ONLY for personal pleasure. Is that EVER a morally good thing? Can you say that without distracting by any of that other stuff?

If not, then morality is objective. Such an act would be objectively, morally wrong.
Wow look whose talking, the man that never answers questions.

You have Paul's little baby inside of you and you wont give the child milk to drink so that one day he would mature to begin eating meat, not.only.that, you are also a homosexual that when Jesus comes, you will be as it were," Two men in a bed."

The reason behind this is the fact that you reject the bridegroom, you also refuse to ever get born again through the milk and the meat.

Children of Jezebel are just that, of the religion of Jezebel which the majority follow instead of following the ways of Christ.

Does God care what set of holy days you practice from Babylon?

I dont think he does much, the point is never about literally keeping any days.

The point is the fact that all of Revelation, all of the parables, all of Matthew 24 are all built upon the language and duties of a priest officiating his duties in the temple, what is said and done by priest or congregation.

Jesus doesnt want you to load up to come to Jerusalem 3 times the year according to the law, he simply wants you to study the temple.

Why?

Because 30 years ago you were given an infant to raise and mature in the milk of the word so that one day the child.

Why do the little infants have to die within you?

Because you cant make a baby a son of God full of power and immortality, he is an infant, and why will all the churches know it when God kills your baby?

Just a shame, put an infant in a corner for 30 years never feeding the child, poor little baby, Paul will be mad when you sees what happened with his babies lol.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:40 AM

99 posts, read 34,134 times
Quote:
(Question before: Why did you focus on the sole sat of torturing babies for personal pleasure in discussing morality?)
Here I cannot follow you. You think that because a greater bunch of guys would condemn such a behavior there is an absolute moral. Whats the difference for you in the behavior of Moses, who killed imprisoned children and took the young virgins for themselves? Ask the same question the people today and most of them will tell you what Moses did was absolutely wrong. Is this the absolute moral now against Moses?

Old 04-16-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naqual View Post
Here I cannot follow you. You think that because a greater bunch of guys would condemn such a behavior there is an absolute moral. Whats the difference for you in the behavior of Moses, who killed imprisoned children and took the young virgins for themselves? Ask the same question the people today and most of them will tell you what Moses did was absolutely wrong. Is this the absolute moral now against Moses?
So show me how it was wrong. I've been asking that this whole time. Show me where it was wrong that God commanded Israel to go to war and kill another nation, but spare the women to take as wives.

If you cannot objectively tell me that anything is right and wrong, then why is this wrong?

Old 04-16-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
try that again. I think you missed the address.

The reason I'm asking for a reference is because I believe you're either reading a passage wrong or misrepresenting it. Maybe you just don't understand what it's saying, but let's talk about apples to apples here.

You said it's immoral. I agree. But you have not given me a basis for it other than it harms them, right? I haven't seen you define why harm is the standard.

Now demonstrate why that should be the standard. You're assuming it is, but again, that's based on opinion, not objective fact.

Exodus 20:13 -- Do not murder. Besides a myriad of others that say not to harm the innocent or vulnerable.
You certainly are incapable of having an honest discussion.

Everything wrong written in the Bible must be because I don't read it correctly? I read the text in it, otherwise it's just an interpretation or opinion.

Torturing babies is not the same as murdering someone is it? No torturing babies is immoral is not then in the Bible hence it must be subjective. Your opinion that Exodus 20 13 covers torture is your opinion.

The Bible being the word of God is your subjective belief it is not an established objective fact. No matter how much you believe in it, you are aware that at least 50% of the population does not. And more don't accept the NT or Jesus as the saviour. This is not the Christianity forum where one must accept the Bible.

If well being is not sufficient base for morality then you must not care about people. A book is not the source of your morality otherwise you would not intrepid murder as covwring so many other things nor would you lie about what the words in the Bible say about slavery. What is important is an agreement on what are the basis of morality. Not as individuals but as the greater society. How can you make decisions on morality of things that are not spelled out in the Bible? Seems like pretending your God means something other than is written in the Bible. So God did not say don't torture babies and in your opinion It is coveted by a verse that does not state that at all but deals with a different topic

Perhaps you will be more honest in another thread. You are not honest on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality