Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 11:10 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao .. sure thing salty ... you ran circles around me ... boy do I feel dumb.
Of course you do - you ARE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
lmao salty

you don't even know that the ideas that you are against target you to promote their cause.
Blather, blather, blather.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Blather, blather, blather.
yes, I understand that perspective.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:09 AM

Quote:
this is a personal attack.

Old 07-03-2021, 10:41 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
lmao .. sure thing salty ... you ran circles around me ... boy do I feel dumb.
Quote:
Quote:
You don't get any moderator action by quoting and replying to a post you have reported.

Old 07-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
So are your incessant lies about atheists attacking religion. Your personal attacks are a bit more refined, but still, they are what they are. So if you don't like it, stop throwing punches in the first place.

Also, we post what WE want to post, NOT what YOU want us to post. It isn't a sin not to be in lock-step with you and the other one, so quit acting like it is.

Have a safe Independence Day.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
So are your incessant lies about atheists attacking religion. Your personal attacks are a bit more refined, but still, they are what they are. So if you don't like it, stop throwing punches in the first place.

Also, we post what WE want to post, NOT what YOU want us to post. It isn't a sin not to be in lock-step with you and the other one, so quit acting like it is.

Have a safe Independence Day.
Not really salty. No worries tho. you are on the right team so it will go unnoticed and unchallenged.

You are most certainty correct, you do not want to go "lock step" in my crowd. We have rules.

The number one rule is hold ourselves to the same standards we hold others too.

When we tell people they have no evidence and are wrong. We give them alternate belief to compare theirs to. example Krauss something from nothing. although it really wasn't from nothing, he offered something.

We would never, and I mean never, run like bumps on a log and hide behind we don't need evidence nor do we have to offer something in return. And we would never fight, tooth and nail, claims that have a mechanism, repeatable predictions, and are consistent with observations. We may not believe them or agree with them. But we would never deploy the tactics you do.

I am here only to talk about beliefs and how they match what we see.

You are here for another reason salty.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Not really salty. No worries tho. you are on the right team so it will go unnoticed and unchallenged.

You are most certainty correct, you do not want to go "lock step" in my crowd. We have rules.

The number one rule is hold ourselves to the same standards we hold others too.

When we tell people they have no evidence and are wrong. We give them alternate belief to compare theirs to. example Krauss something from nothing. although it really wasn't from nothing, he offered something.

We would never, and I mean never, run like bumps on a log and hide behind we don't need evidence nor do we have to offer something in return. And we would never fight, tooth and nail, claims that have a mechanism, repeatable predictions, and are consistent with observations. We may not believe them or agree with them. But we would never deploy the tactics you do.

I am here only to talk about beliefs and how they match what we see.

You are here for another reason salty.
Why do you ask. Trying to start more of you AA BS?

Old 07-04-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Why do you ask. Trying to start more of you AA BS?
You will need more than that salty.

You and I have almost the exact view on life salty. My guess anyway.

You are being used and you don't even know it. I know I would use you if I was targeting Believing America. Target people and get them to turn on the good guys. Get people that can be used to say "Rational believing people are wrong" lmao, and use notions of "Big bad Majority" to say that, like its even rational.

Target well meaning people with a heart and noble cause. Weaponize them.

I am going to substitute "believing" for "BLM" to make the reference ... I could NRA just as easily. Just for a cross reference.

Example: Philly. More dangerous then it has ever been. The "good guys" have to stand down. Then they fool people into thinking its "gun violence" and never address where the violence is actually coming from. People will be marching in the streets fighting gun. lmao ... fighting guns ... just to damn funny

Believing in "higher powers" is not the problem. We can form logical belief about them. It could be easily shown if the goal is to look at reasonable beliefs and not fight religion only that is.

"believing" is not the problem. "religion" based on rational believers is not the problem. Religion is like a gun tho ... In the hands of a irrational believer it is down right deadly. Just like atheism, in the hands of an irrational non believer is.

Your are good hearted well meaning person. But you turn your back on logical thinking to sort through the noise. That noise is actually in your head. You don't have the tools to cancel it out.

Old 07-04-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You will need more than that salty.

You and I have almost the exact view on life salty. My guess anyway.

You are being used and you don't even know it. I know I would use you if I was targeting Believing America. Target people and get them to turn on the good guys. Get people that can be used to say "Rational believing people are wrong" lmao, and use notions of "Big bad Majority" to say that, like its even rational.

Target well meaning people with a heart and noble cause. Weaponize them.

I am going to substitute "believing" for "BLM" to make the reference ... I could NRA just as easily. Just for a cross reference.

Example: Philly. More dangerous then it has ever been. The "good guys" have to stand down. Then they fool people into thinking its "gun violence" and never address where the violence is actually coming from. People will be marching in the streets fighting gun. lmao ... fighting guns ... just to damn funny

Believing in "higher powers" is not the problem. We can form logical belief about them. It could be easily shown if the goal is to look at reasonable beliefs and not fight religion only that is.

"believing" is not the problem. "religion" based on rational believers is not the problem. Religion is like a gun tho ... In the hands of a irrational believer it is down right deadly. Just like atheism, in the hands of an irrational non believer is.

Your are good hearted well meaning person. But you turn your back on logical thinking to sort through the noise. That noise is actually in your head. You don't have the tools to cancel it out.

I deeply appreciate the tenor of your post.

First of all, I have no idea how you would conclude that I am being used by anyone in this issue, or on this forum. I don't do anyone else's bidding, and nobody has sent me here. The POC forum has deteriorated into blandness, so I came over here.

I didn't come here to solve any problems, convert anybody, or work to expunge religion or believing from the U.S. in any way. I am not an activist in this matter.

There is no ulterior motive behind my posting or my position. It is all real, and all from me.

Religion is a LIE. "God" is a LIE. The biggest LIES ever perpetrated on mankind. I point that out as best as I can between trades and etc.

Besides being a LIE, some of the things about religion and believers I find disgusting are:

I am saved.
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.
God works in mysterious ways
I am born again
and etc.

These are the mindless emanations of sheeple who have swallowed the Kool-Aid and are completey self-deluded because of their, beliefs AND who think they are special because they have:

1. Fear of Mortality (I hate cowardice as well) or,

2. Lust for Eternal Life

While I do respect their rights to do so, (including Gldn's right to believe his silliness) I also respect my right to disagree and to say so publicly, i.e. on this forum.

One other thing, just so everyone knows. Being a devout Catholic, Baptist, Methodist or Quaker cuts no more ice with me than being a devout stamp collector does. It isn't one of those "isn't that precious" things, at leas as far as I am concerned..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality