Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:27 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
What's lunacy is to look to some public / media fool, like whoever this Prager guy likely is, and expect anything / anyone resembling Jesus. That's as dumb as looking to modern politicians to be authentic examples of our Founding Fathers. Those who are authentic and on the eight ball will surely shun attention and public drama.
Prager is no fool, he is just wrong on this issue. Your presumptions, however, are off-base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 11:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
You’re on fire today LearnMe

Old 06-02-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't get how mankind could be God's "crowning achievement". Heck, angels/demons have more power, can do more tricks and live a lot longer.
People are real, angels and demons are fiction.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:44 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
People are real, angels and demons are fiction.
Speaking of fiction!

"ANTIFA is Disease, BLM is Disease, DNC is Disease"

We've all got our demons...

Old 06-02-2021, 02:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
speaking of beating the same ol' drum ...

lets get on with people bashing religion and beliefs and anything else is beating the same old drum of "Lets doi something else other than just bash religion and its beliefs".

bash religion and beliefs highly reputable

talking about other beliefs that may comport with observation ... strawmwanning ...

I think I am getting the hang of this.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
You gave me nothing but a side-step.

To people who "think" like you, the bible is either literal or figurative depending entirely on the context, and which interpretation supports your current position at the current time. It's nothing but a flip flop/cop out for you guys. One minute it is literal, and the next it is figurative. So creationism under genesis, is just, in your mind, figurative? Just so you know, it is neither. It is FICTION.

You offer nothing, but think it is wisdom. It is comical.

I dispute everything that is proposed as fact that has to do with a god and all the trappings that spring therefrom. That is not to say there isn't a nugget of philosophical wisdom in the bible. There "may" be.
Like most metaphorical and allegorical literary works...not every single part is a metaphor for something else.
In the Bible...Earth is really Earth, the desert is really the desert, most Countries/Cities are really those places, the Sun is really the Sun, Caesar is really Caesar, the Roman Centurions are really the Roman Centurions, etc.
Some things like a reference to being a "slave" or executions by torture may be actual or allegorical...while coming back to life after being dead, walking on the surface of a body of water, instapoof 6 day Creation, and eternal torment in a fiery necrodestination run by some monster guy named Satan, etc...are obvious metaphors.
It is usually very easy to discern the actual from the allegorical...though there is a bit that could go either way.
I know you all know this...but, as usual, your miserable attitudes and hatred of Religion has you pretending that you don't.
But then, y'all are so hatefully disingenuous that you argue the actions and attitude flaws of an Entity that you do not believe exists, just so you can bash those that Believe...so, It makes reasoning difficult.

Old 06-02-2021, 04:18 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
There are plenty of Christians who don't believe in the mystery of God ... Would never even think that God can talk to them or others, but God does save them if they repent and try to pray and believe ........ If you were to ask weak believers, Like the most questionable organ, the human liver which the changes that this organ evolved like the Darwin theory are astronomic, just can't see it

Old 06-02-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Speaking of fiction!

Those three are true demons. Real, dangerous demons, not fictional demons of the bible or etc.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Like most metaphorical and allegorical literary works...not every single part is a metaphor for something else.
In the Bible...Earth is really Earth, the desert is really the desert, most Countries/Cities are really those places, the Sun is really the Sun, Caesar is really Caesar, the Roman Centurions are really the Roman Centurions, etc.
Some things like a reference to being a "slave" or executions by torture may be actual or allegorical...while coming back to life after being dead, walking on the surface of a body of water, instapoof 6 day Creation, and eternal torment in a fiery necrodestination run by some monster guy named Satan, etc...are obvious metaphors.
It is usually very easy to discern the actual from the allegorical...though there is a bit that could go either way.
I know you all know this...but, as usual, your miserable attitudes and hatred of Religion has you pretending that you don't.
But then, y'all are so hatefully disingenuous that you argue the actions and attitude flaws of an Entity that you do not believe exists, just so you can bash those that Believe...so, It makes reasoning difficult.
I have no dis ingenuousness in me whatsoever, hateful or otherwise. Reasoning is difficult for you because you're dealing in fiction and pretending it is fact.

Your position that Satan is a metaphor is not held, i'll bet, by the majority of believers.

One other thing, when I speak as if I believe there is a god, it is for the purpose of argument only, and usually to demonstrate that the fiction of a god is contradicted, in all cases, by fact and/or logic.

Whatever degree of animus I have against religion and religions is well deserved, richly deserved. Violence and death lies in its wake. Even now, in the "holy" (what a crock that name is) land, one religion is actually, killing and maiming fellow humans for no other reason than their version of the "sky daddy" differs from their own. Yes, I repeat, RICHLY DESERVED.

Religion, if I may go further, preys on people using their weakest vulnerability, i.e. fear of mortality, and it is DISGUSTING. Further, those that follow religion for that reason, in whole are part (which is the majority I'll wager) are cowards or cowardly at least in that respect.

I neither fear nor respect any and all god(s) any more than I do Santa Clause, or, for that matter, the great pumpkin. All are fiction. ALL, without exception.

Last edited by Salty Water; 06-02-2021 at 08:07 PM..

Old 06-02-2021, 08:01 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Speaking of fiction!

Quote:
Those three are true demons. Real, dangerous demons, not fictional demons of the bible or etc.
That's all that needs to be said about that. It's not relevant to Religion or Spirituality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality