Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 10:15 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
People do not accept the monstrous God that is described in the Bible because the beliefs about Him are primitive and barbaric. If you actually presented the God of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, there would not be the kind of rejection your beliefs create.

It is the fault of our ancestors that they misattributed to God's wrath what Jesus did out of agape love and forgiveness to propitiate the wrath and vengeance of our ignorant and brutal ancestors' barbarity. The rest is history as the perpetuation of ignorance and barbarity has continued within the churches as a sign of faith in the Bible as God's word instead of Jesus.
I'm not sure that we really know what the Jesus on the cross episode was like at all, but I will paint a broader brush and say that the New Testament is more positive in nature than the StephenKingish old testament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 10:17 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Because I do not care about your opinion and game playing does not mean I am not a caring person. I do hope you irrational arguments are intentional.
You are correct...I should have qualified my argument.
Of course, I did not mean "uncaring" about everything...just what you fully admitted that YOU, (and, according to you, probably most others), were uncaring about.
Of course, anybody that is on a forum for a certain subject, and puts up 12 thousand or 38 thousand posts bashing that subject...is providing prima facie evidence of how not caring they are....well, except to care about being biased & hateful and busting on what they know others revere & even hold sacred to them.
THAT is the "uncaring" I'm referring to.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:39 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
People do not accept the monstrous God that is described in the Bible because the beliefs about Him are primitive and barbaric. If you actually presented the God of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, there would not be the kind of rejection your beliefs create.
Do you believe that these are just ways to describe the same God? Or are these 2 different Gods? Does one exist and not the other?

Old 12-22-2021, 10:48 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:

It is the fault of our ancestors that they misattributed to God's wrath what Jesus did out of agape love and forgiveness to propitiate the wrath and vengeance of our ignorant and brutal ancestors' barbarity. The rest is history as the perpetuation of ignorance and barbarity has continued within the churches as a sign of faith in the Bible as God's word instead of Jesus.

Both sides of God are spoken of in the bible. If one is true thus the other one is as well. God does things in righteousness. The wicked in his view are a menace to his true people and sometimes has to step in and prevent that occurrence before it occurs. God always warns first.
This world has been warned of what is coming shortly-The tribulation, then Rev 16, Rev 19:11-21,
The warning has been there for nearly 1930 years. Most are like the people in Noahs day--laughing. They werent laughing when God locked the door to the ark and the rains began. The tribulation is the locking of the door. Covid could very well be one of the plagues mentioned to come to the earth in rev. This world has seen nothing yet. It will not get better only worse.
People are murdering each other in record numbers in the Usa. The generals have warned of civil war within 2 years. Putin is telling his people to prepare for Nuclear war. He gave nato an ultimatum. about 2 weeks left for their decision.
The door remains open, not for long i fear.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You are intolerant of people who have different beliefs.

I tried to be a good christian for decades. It just didn't fit.
pot....kettle

Old 12-22-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are correct...I should have qualified my argument.
Of course, I did not mean "uncaring" about everything...just what you fully admitted that YOU, (and, according to you, probably most others), were uncaring about.
Of course, anybody that is on a forum for a certain subject, and puts up 12 thousand or 38 thousand posts bashing that subject...is providing prima facie evidence of how not caring they are....well, except to care about being biased & hateful and busting on what they know others revere & even hold sacred to them.
THAT is the "uncaring" I'm referring to.
NO, they are about something different than you care about.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Do you believe that these are just ways to describe the same God? Or are these 2 different Gods? Does one exist and not the other?
I guess you're saying that maybe god has dissociative identity disorder.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
pot....kettle
No. Because I have no desire to tell you that you should or shouldn't be christian. You should belong to whichever belief system you wish. AND, you should let others do the same.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I guess you're saying that maybe god has dissociative identity disorder.
Not at all. He's clear about who he is.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
No. Because I have no desire to tell you that you should or shouldn't be christian. You should belong to whichever belief system you wish. AND, you should let others do the same.
You don't want to be a Christian? Ok. And? What's the issue? Have I said you have to be?

You, on the other hand, are the one that is harassing Christians. Just try being Nice once in awhile. You might find people are nice in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality