Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 07:25 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,959,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
In all seriousness, no. I don't. I cannot imagine a Christian doing such a thing.

I might have very likely hit the alert button on it if I had.

It really does go both ways.

Now here is the issue that I have with that. We have no idea who or what the guy that sent that email actually believes. But it's easy to assume that since he told Ricky he'd be in hell, well he MUST believe exactly as anyone else that mentions hell believes. It's easy to stereotype all of us as believing that way.
I don't think that. I am saying, though, that enough people do that the image is there, and not enough people speak out against it to make it seem otherwise.

Quote:
'm sorry that some wingnut told Ricky that. I really am. I can't imagine saying such a thing.

Yes. I would. And I'm sorry that you think I would not. Nothing I've said would reasonably lead you to believe I would not. THAT is the issue I have with you and others being quick to judge.
I don't think we are being quick to judge. We have seen you posting here for a long time, and it seems pretty evident that your focus as a Christian is on God's wrath, judgment, sin, and hell more than compassion and kindness. Not saying you are without kindness and compassion. I hope not. But you talk way more on here about God's wrath and judgment than anything else. It makes it seem as if Christianity is about nothing but fear.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:38 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is why you fail and believe such monstrous evil of our God. Fear is the weapon of the devil that corrupts your relationship with God. All fear-mongers work for the devil, NOT God. God is NOT a Godfather making offers you can't refuse using threats.

It is a travesty that you actually think that you represent God. Jesus said God IS agape love and He demonstrated it unambiguously with His life on the Cross.

Its not evil to rid this world of its wickedness, are you in that much darkness? The ride of the white horse=righteous war. Not monsterous. The coming of Gods kingdom rule is good news the bible says. The world has been warned. He didnt threaten, he warned in advance, open your heart to reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Based on the OT, I wouldn't want to know him.

How about the NT where he sent his son with truth to try and help all out of their wicked path? Then watched the world murder his son for teaching-love, peace and unity--They didnt kill Jesus for that, They killed him because truth exposed their wicked ways and false god worship and they did not like it. The same is happening today. 2Timothy 3 is todays world. God warned all for the last over 1900 years the warning is there. The teachers of darkness are failing the majority on earth. Because they do not have truth. Just their schools of mens dogma is what they have. God will do what he has to do to save the righteous, every kingdom( govt,armies,supporters) will come against Gods righteous at the end, then he will step in and rid this world of its wickedness. Its very close. The world has been warned. Man cannot get the world out of this mess, it will continue to get worse, Man is the cause. Because its as Jesus said-satan is the god of this system.

Old 12-23-2021, 07:31 AM

50,923 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
How about the NT where he sent his son with truth to try and help all out of their wicked path? Then watched the world murder his son for teaching-love, peace and unity--They didnt kill Jesus for that, They killed him because truth exposed their wicked ways and false god worship and they did not like it. The same is happening today. 2Timothy 3 is todays world. God warned all for the last over 1900 years the warning is there. The teachers of darkness are failing the majority on earth. Because they do not have truth. Just their schools of mens dogma is what they have. God will do what he has to do to save the righteous, every kingdom( govt,armies,supporters) will come against Gods righteous at the end, then he will step in and rid this world of its wickedness. Its very close. The world has been warned. Man cannot get the world out of this mess, it will continue to get worse, Man is the cause. Because its as Jesus said-satan is the god of this system.
How about leaving people alone who have made it clear they are not interested in your babble.

If people are interested, they will seek you out. It's not like people are not aware of christianity, and it's not like there aren't an overabundance of christian churches out there, very visible, that people could go to IF THEY WANTED to. In my community, within a 10 minute drive, are about 20 christian churches, almost all with their electronic signs and advertising in our local paper. We know you and your institutions are there. We don't need you to nag us.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
1. You fairly consistently excused the slavery issue as related to the Baptist church, even though the Southern Baptists formally apologized for it several years ago.
Nope. Chattel slavery is evil. The SBC was wrong to support it. I've never held another position. So please stop misrepresenting me.
Quote:
2. If you folks would stop proselytizing and stop trying to meld church and government policy, there'd be little for us to complain about.
How about if you stopped proselytizing?
Quote:
3. Again, you're not the decider of who is a christian.
Nowhere in my post did I suggest that. But again, you don't like to actually respond to what is posted, do you?
Quote:
4. If I posted about Buddhism as much as you post about christianity...would you convert? No. But you seem to think we of other beliefs should. I mean, "duh".
Did you actually read my post?

Old 12-23-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
How about leaving people alone who have made it clear they are not interested in your babble.

If people are interested, they will seek you out. It's not like people are not aware of christianity, and it's not like there aren't an overabundance of christian churches out there, very visible, that people could go to IF THEY WANTED to. In my community, within a 10 minute drive, are about 20 christian churches, almost all with their electronic signs and advertising in our local paper. We know you and your institutions are there. We don't need you to nag us.

Jesus has a single religion. Not 34,000 different ones.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think that. I am saying, though, that enough people do that the image is there, and not enough people speak out against it to make it seem otherwise.

Right. YOU don't. But "other" people do.....so you'll take me to task for it.
Quote:

I don't think we are being quick to judge. We have seen you posting here for a long time, and it seems pretty evident that your focus as a Christian is on God's wrath, judgment, sin, and hell more than compassion and kindness.

Not saying you are without kindness and compassion. I hope not. But you talk way more on here about God's wrath and judgment than anything else. It makes it seem as if Christianity is about nothing but fear.
I defend what is attacked. And then I consistently say that God is so merciful that he will save anyone from that judgment if they trust in Jesus.

I'm not sure I've EVER started a thread to talk about those things. You won't see me just deciding to bring it up unless the doctrine is first attacked.

The question needs to be asked though, why do people constantly try to discredit the fact that human beings need a savior?

Old 12-23-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
No problem, BapFun. But please stop saying I am choosing what I like and ignoring what I don't like. You have been told REPEATEDLY that I choose ONLY what is compatible with and consistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. Stop pretending you do not understand that just to annoy me!!!
Do you LIKE those things? Do you hate the ones that you view are "inconsistent"?

Old 12-23-2021, 10:08 AM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
No problem, BapFun. But please stop saying I am choosing what I like and ignoring what I don't like. You have been told REPEATEDLY that I choose ONLY what is compatible with and consistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. Stop pretending you do not understand that just to annoy me!!!
Quote:
Do you LIKE those things? Do you hate the ones that you view are "inconsistent"?
What I like or don't like has NOTHING to do with my choices. What JESUS revealed and demonstrated about what GOD IS LIKE and would or would not do is what matters.

Old 12-23-2021, 10:09 AM

50,923 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
Nope. Chattel slavery is evil. The SBC was wrong to support it. I've never held another position. So please stop misrepresenting me.

How about if you stopped proselytizing?

Nowhere in my post did I suggest that. But again, you don't like to actually respond to what is posted, do you?

Did you actually read my post?
I never proselytize. I never suggest that anyone become Buddhist or atheist. Becoming a Buddhist is a path one has to find for himself/herself.

When I have time, I can go back and dig up some of the comments you previously made regarding the issue of slavery. It wasn't just me who repeatedly criticized your comments that whitewashed it (pun intended).

I read all your drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality