Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2022, 08:09 PM

16,009 posts, read 7,059,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwisden View Post
Why must god exist? Can someone give me a religious explanation?
Per Advaita Vedanta of Hinduism the ver nature, essence, of Brhman/God is existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 10:50 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,661,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, that is the perspective some of us disagree with/don't believe in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The all in perspective...

I really get a kick out of this perspective described by some that basically amounts to all is everything and everything is all. God is all, everything and everything is all, God. Nothing is not God and everything else is God too. Oneness, twoness and threeness as well. All there is and there is nothing else. Also as defined in the dictionary...

Who can argue with something like this?
It's the "ALL God Show", all the time! TA-DAAAAAAA!!
Your "disagreement" & "getting a kick out of this"...that's God too!!.. just like anything & everything else.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:31 AM

50,912 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It's the "ALL God Show", all the time! TA-DAAAAAAA!!
Your "disagreement" & "getting a kick out of this"...that's God too!!.. just like anything & everything else.
I hate to think of all the evil in the world that you attribute to god under the above line of thinking.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:53 AM

The immediate, unsurprising ignorant jump to “god is the evil one” must bring some comfort to some minds that will ever be clouded.
The god factor is just existence and consciousness. The action factor is humans that have motives and desires and tendencies created by the two. Those are the only two factors and they are separate. There is no evil, just consequences that attach to actions.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I hate to think of all the evil in the world that you attribute to god under the above line of thinking.
I know you think this is some kind of "Gotcha" statement...and you, et al, make it often...claiming I endorse "bigotry" & "evil" in general by simply noting "How Things Are".

The concepts "Evil" & "Good" are human constructs and are subjective. Many claim "judging others" is evil....so...
Things just are what they are...and everything is how it is. And it's ALL God.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:06 AM

50,912 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I know you think this is some kind of "Gotcha" statement...and you, et al, make it often...claiming I endorse "bigotry" & "evil" in general by simply noting "How Things Are".

The concepts "Evil" & "Good" are human constructs and are subjective. Many claim "judging others" is evil....so...
Things just are what they are...and everything is how it is. And it's ALL God.
No, it's not a gotcha statement. But I've heard too many people say the same sort of thing, but then backtrack when one points out that "everything" is not peace and love. They want it both ways.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The immediate, unsurprising ignorant jump to “god is the evil one” must bring some comfort to some minds that will ever be clouded.
The god factor is just existence and consciousness. The action factor is humans that have motives and desires and tendencies created by the two. Those are the only two factors and they are separate. There is no evil, just consequences that attach to actions.
This ^^^^ is a good explanation.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:09 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
Lol, ironically accuses someone else of having a clouded mind while not understanding the point being made.

Quote:
The point that was made is if god is all, then it is both the good and bad. That includes germs, diseases, kilometer wide life threatening lumps of rock flying through space, earthquakes, and other things that are not a consequence of human actions.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:17 AM

Earthquakes and covid dont have motives and desires. It is a strange deluded mind that attributes evil to natural phenomenon. Sorry, there is no Santa Clause God that brings gifts to good boys and charcoal to naughty ones. Grow up.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:25 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Default ^when one can not admit they were wrong

Quote:
Earthquakes and covid dont have motives and desires.
Really? We never knew.

Quote:
It is a strange deluded mind that attributes evil to natural phenomenon.
As no one made that point, one must ask why you made it? Was it a deliberate attack, or just clouded thinking?

Let me explain again. Read this slowly.

WE find some natural things bad because they are bad for us. No one is saying they are in themselves evil.

Quote:
Sorry, there is no Santa Clause God that brings gifts to good boys and charcoal to naughty ones.
That would be implicit in what I said, unless one has a clouded mind.

Quote:
Grow up.
Lol, misrepresents what I actually said, and then tells me to grow up.

I think our petulant child needs some reading comprehension and logic lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality