Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 06:49 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
So are you suggesting that because there have been on earth powerful rulers, that means the god of the universe is proven? If so, that's some bizarre logic.
See my initial post to this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/62614254-post17.html

My religion, Pantheism, holds that "ALL" (Reality) is God.
That comports with God formally defined as "The Supreme or Ultimate Reality".
Reality would also be unequivocally and irrefutably considered, "Something of Supreme Value"...another known definition of "G-O-D".
Reality objectively exists....thus, God (as defined) objectively exists.
That's the logic. A is defined as X. X objectively exists. It can be determined that A exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 06:53 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, I am as the consciousness described and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross and the one I encountered. God is all there is to pray to, mensa. My sincere prayer warriors IRL have no confusion about this. They are praying to God who IS agape love and forgiveness as represented by the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Ok. So, you go on and on and on and on about God being the Universe/Reality/Consciousness, but when it's time to pray, all that goes out the window and you address prayer to the Supreme Being in heaven just like everybody else does. Why aren't you praying to trees, rocks, dirt piles and sign posts? According to you, those are all God.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Ok. So, you go on and on and on and on about God being the Universe/Reality/Consciousness, but when it's time to pray, all that goes out the window and you address prayer to the Supreme Being in heaven just like everybody else does. Why aren't you praying to trees, rocks, dirt piles and sign posts? According to you, those are all God.
Condescending wiseguy insults, bashing the Members' Panentheism Religion and the Member personally. Not cool.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:15 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Condescending wiseguy insults, bashing the Members' Panentheism Religion and the Member personally. Not cool.
It may not have been tactful, but I think it's a valid question.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It may not have been tactful, but I think it's a valid question.
Wrong.
I wouldn't ask you if you post to other Members' toenails, mucous membranes, and rectum...since you consider all that "The Person".
Because it would be nothing but rude and insulting if I did that.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Wrong.
I wouldn't ask you if you post to other Members' toenails, mucous membranes, and rectum...since you consider all that "The Person".
Because it would be nothing but rude and insulting if I did that.
After your tirade about minorities, you're not qualified.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
After your tirade about minorities, you're not qualified.
"Tirade about minorities"?!
What dishonesty are you spewing now?
I know that it bothers you that most of this world is Abrahamic Religious...and, like any majority (especially in Government), that gives them great power & influence, and is indicative of who most likely gets things to be the way they would prefer. But that is just noting how the World actually works in real terms.
It was no slam against "minorities". But because you are working off your own frame of self reference you interpreted it that way.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
"Tirade about minorities"?!
What dishonesty are you spewing now?
I know that it bothers you that most of this world is Abrahamic Religious...and, like any majority (especially in Government), that gives them great power & influence, and is indicative of who most likely gets things to be the way they would prefer. But that is just noting how the World actually works in real terms.
It was no slam against "minorities". But because you are working off your own frame of self reference you interpreted it that way.
Sorry Jim, you're wrong. Instead of speaking up for equality, you did just the opposite. That's a sign of a very bad religionist viewpoint.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:00 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Ok. So, you go on and on and on and on about God being the Universe/Reality/Consciousness, but when it's time to pray, all that goes out the window and you address prayer to the Supreme Being in heaven just like everybody else does. Why aren't you praying to trees, rocks, dirt piles, and signposts? According to you, those are all God.
All those THINGS are parts of God, NOT God, per se. It would be like talking to one of your skin cells instead of you. Everything is a manifestation of God's Consciousness which is what we pray to.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Sorry Jim, you're wrong. Instead of speaking up for equality, you did just the opposite. That's a sign of a very bad religionist viewpoint.
Again...working off your own biased & prejudice frame of self-reference...and thinkin everyone is like you.
That fact that your mind even goes there...is probative.
I don't have the Membername "GldnRule" because that isn't my base philosophy.

You must be very depressed with Governments.
If you want things to be the way you would prefer them to be in the world...especially the Legal Code & Regulations that rule you...most of the time, you will need to be in the majority.
Even if The Majority tries to put rules upon you that you feel are UnConstitutional...you will need a MAJORITY of the SCOTUS to rule in your favor. And that's never a sure thing.
You need to get hip to The Reality of the Way of The World...and quit busting on people simply because they are hip to what you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality