Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 11:44 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

I am asking after I just read this very long, interesting article:
https://biblicisminstitute.wordpress...ered-the-west/

I am an atheist and don't think much of those monotheistic religions, I merely stumbled upon that biblicism site because of the Ukraine/Russia conflict, they have interesting things to tell about the history of that ( https://biblicisminstitute.wordpress...t-with-russia/ ).

Anyway, that is not really the point here. Judging from the first article linked above, what we call Jews today are not really the Jews we think of, but pretty much the opposite, Pharisees.

I can't tell whether or not that site is correct, but if it were, most people in the West would be quite surprised to find out they have been fooled for so long. They do provide a lot of specific sources for their statements, doesn't sound like wishy-washy conspiracy stuff

Old 02-28-2022, 12:05 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times
You are kidding, right?

That site and that article are so rife with conspiracy theories and lies that it is laughable at best.

Pharisaic (rabbinic) Judaism is what we are and what we have been since before Jesus was born (he endorsed that system). "Ashkenaz" refers to the dominant geographical tradition stemming from Germany.

If you are serious about learning, steer clear of that site.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
You are kidding, right?

That site and that article are so rife with conspiracy theories and lies that it is laughable at best.

Pharisaic (rabbinic) Judaism is what we are and what we have been since before Jesus was born (he endorsed that system). "Ashkenaz" refers to the dominant geographical tradition stemming from Germany.

If you are serious about learning, steer clear of that site.

Any specific lies you detected?

The word pharisee has a rather negative meaning where I come from.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:44 PM

The accusation of controlling the issuance of money for example? Pharasaism is pagan? The talmud is Satanic verses?

Come on...if you think that this is remotely accurate then there is no conversation to be had.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
The accusation of controlling the issuance of money for example? Pharasaism is pagan? The talmud is Satanic verses?

Come on...if you think that this is remotely accurate then there is no conversation to be had.
They back up the paganism part by citing a Edward Hendrie. Probably not the most reliable source, it seems he also wrote a book promoting the flat earth idea Then again, that doesn't necessarily mean everything he says is wrong. Ancient Babylon is considered to have been pagan by a lot of people.

So, why didn't Jesus like the Pharisees?

Satanic Verses, well, it is a Christian site, after all

Old 02-28-2022, 01:20 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
He was raised a Jew, but by the time he reached his adult life and ministry, he clarified and contrasted his life against the Jews / Pharisees, and showed himself as something very different.

The clash between the two sides showed he was no longer a traditional Jew, no longer supported animal sacrifices, no longer supported God as being for the Jews only (now for all / Gentiles as well), and now promoted love and forgiveness over the law. The Jews could not stand that, and killed him. They wouldn't have killed him if he was one of their own.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
He was raised a Jew, but by the time he reached his adult life and ministry, he clarified and contrasted his life against the Jews / Pharisees, showed himself as something very different.

The clash between the two sides showed he was no longer a traditional Jew, no longer supported animal sacrifices, no longer supported God as being for the Jews only (now for all / Gentiles as well), and now promoted love over the law.
Basically like Buddha rejected certain aspects of Hinduism, which he was born into.

Wasn't the animal sacrifice ritual typical of pagan cultures like the one in Babylon? Then again, some people call everyone pagan, whose religion they don't like/understand

Old 02-28-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They back up the paganism part by citing a Edward Hendrie. Probably not the most reliable source, it seems he also wrote a book promoting the flat earth idea Then again, that doesn't necessarily mean everything he says is wrong. Ancient Babylon is considered to have been pagan by a lot of people.
But he knows very little about the Pharisaic system (and if you look at some of the quotes from his book, by him and others, you should be troubled, unless you think that the goal of the Pharisees has been to spread Communism). If he is your expert rather than, for example, actual Jews, then you have already made your decision.
Quote:
So, why didn't Jesus like the Pharisees?
In fact, he didn't like their behavior, but endorsed their teachings. I can look at a person and say "follow what he teaches but not how he acts". If what he teaches is what establishes later practices then that's an endorsement of their teachings. Of course, all of this depends on your accepting the historicity and accuacy of the gospels and I'm surprised you would do that.
Quote:
Satanic Verses, well, it is a Christian site, after all
And if that isn't enough to have you dismiss it, then there you go.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:05 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Joseph who was Jesus spiritual father was Blessed of God born a Jew, where He raised Jesus as a Jew, Where Mary Jesus spiritual Mother may be a question as Her cousin Elizabeth Mother of John the Baptist, was married to a man who was not a Jew but of the tribe Levi who is an ancestor son of Israel, still most of the tribes of Israel were rejected by the Jew and were of the Samaritans who the Jews hated ...... Still probably Mary, spiritual mother of Jesus and her cousin Elizabeth were Jewish ...... Then the Pharisees, and the Sadducee were Jewish, as they came from the elders and developed into the Pharisees over hundreds of years

Old 02-28-2022, 04:57 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
I am asking after I just read this very long, interesting article:
https://biblicisminstitute.wordpress...ered-the-west/

I am an atheist and don't think much of those monotheistic religions, I merely stumbled upon that biblicism site because of the Ukraine/Russia conflict, they have interesting things to tell about the history of that ( https://biblicisminstitute.wordpress...t-with-russia/ ).

Anyway, that is not really the point here. Judging from the first article linked above, what we call Jews today are not really the Jews we think of, but pretty much the opposite, Pharisees.

I can't tell whether or not that site is correct, but if it were, most people in the West would be quite surprised to find out they have been fooled for so long. They do provide a lot of specific sources for their statements, doesn't sound like wishy-washy conspiracy stuff

Jesus was brought up Jewish. But because they turned their hearts to hatred for him, he told them off( Matthew 23) and in verse 38 assures them they have been cut off of being Gods chosen unless they do verse 39. They have outright refused for over 1950 years. He started a new religion( Acts 24:5), just 1. It was not the one that came out of Rome. That religion he began served the God of Israel- a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) with 0 doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality