Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 11:59 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times

Advertisements

Old 04-29-2022, 03:25 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The way I see it, there are giant fallen angels who are manipulating the weather, and they are the type who can hold curses of what people speak out and believe ...... See when Jesus was in a storm on a boat with the fisherman He rebuked the storm and the storm calmed ..... If God brought the storm, we would not overrule the work of God, but it was the works of the giant fallen angels who brought the storm that Jesus rebuked in the spirit...... Then you get for rain when there is more dust and pollution in the air so if there are droughts than there is less dust............ You won't here all this on the news or even in most churches as the spiritual discerned will be absent

Old 04-29-2022, 07:30 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The way I see it, there are giant fallen angels who are manipulating the weather, []and they are the type who can hold curses of what people speak out [?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?] and believe ...... See when Jesus was in a storm on a boat with the fisherman He rebuked the storm and the storm calmed ..... If God brought the storm, we would not overrule the work of God, but[] that Jesus rebuked in the spirit...... Then you get for rain when there is more dust and pollution in the air [????????????????????????????????????]so if there are droughts than there is less dust............ You won't here all this on the news or even in most churches as the spiritual discerned will be absent

This is some sort of a joke because you don't believe in global warming, confess.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:28 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
weather has nothing to do with a person's chosen path of religion and spirituality.
the premise put forth in the opening post is at a very superficial level.

or put another way, question for the OP: a path of religion and spirituality contains within it ways to explore, and deal with, and make sense of, and yes be at peace with, that which at the superficial level may throw a person into fear or worry or anxiety or despair. opening post contains those (fear, worry, anxiety, despair). question then for OP is how do you cope with anything in life that is upsetting you and feels hopeless and doomed to you?

this is an opportunity to go deeper into your path of religion and spirituality. and grow as a person in understanding and yes reach a point of peace with it where it does not throw you into despair. it is work on your self and coming to terms with Self that provides those answers and that peace. it is not found in spinning drama doom and despair.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-29-2022 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-29-2022, 09:18 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The way I see it, there are giant fallen angels who are manipulating the weather, and they are the type who can hold curses of what people speak out and believe ...... See when Jesus was in a storm on a boat with the fisherman He rebuked the storm and the storm calmed ..... If God brought the storm, we would not overrule the work of God, but it was the works of the giant fallen angels who brought the storm that Jesus rebuked in the spirit...... Then you get for rain when there is more dust and pollution in the air so if there are droughts than there is less dust............ You won't here all this on the news or even in most churches as the spiritual discerned will be absent
So giant demons control the weather, and the latter can then be fixed by binding and losing various spirits. Because this is FAR more plausible than climate science.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Maybe you guys (this goes for all of C-D) should start typing in another language if you think (some) people are too dumb to see through your coded English and bait.
Nah, I lost my Atheist Secret Decoder Ring years ago. I just write in plain English these days.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:11 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
But climate change has really confounded me. The Buddhists believe in re-incarnation, but how can anyone or any creature be re=incarnated on a planet that has become unlivable? How can God the Father allow this beautiful creation we call Earth unravel in such a terrible way?
If you believe in "molecules to man" evolution, then you believe that God has already intentionally wired suffering, misery, and death into creation right from the start. The end of humanity is just a natural process that really has no cosmic significance except insofar as it may spur the evolution of any forms of life that can withstand whatever changes the earth has undergone.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Nope.

Why would it make me doubt the God that spoke and created the universe?

Old 04-29-2022, 10:29 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
note - I do not wish to discuss if you "believe" in climate change or not. That question is better suited to the PO&C forum. Thank you. I consider myself to be more of a spiritual person rather than a religious one. My Dad raised me to be a good Christian and as an adult I discovered Buddhism. My spirituality arises from combining the teachings of both these faiths, and I firmly believe that "heaven is here on earth." As spiritual beings we can create our own heavens (or hells) by how we choose to treat one another day by day and the choices we make through our own thoughts and deeds.

But climate change has really confounded me. The Buddhists believe in re-incarnation, but how can anyone or any creature be re=incarnated on a planet that has become unlivable? How can God the Father allow this beautiful creation we call Earth unravel in such a terrible way? I live in Colorado where the climate has already begun to impact us in a very scary way. We are now having a wildfire season that has become year around instead of just 4 or 5 months. Up in the mountains all our trees are dying. I cry every time I see all the trees with red and yellow needles instead of green ones. The livelihood of our farmers and ranchers is threatened more every year by increasing temperatures and drought.

Scientists tell us that life cannot continue on in the same way if we don't start doing things differently. Yet no one seems very concerned about making any real changes, and I feel very pessimistic about what sort of world we will be leaving for our children and grandchildren. Whatever path we humans are now on seems very distant from God and spirituality. Maybe we are all now condemned to a path that literally leads to the heats of hell? I don't want to believe this, but it sure feels that way these days.Thoughts anyone?
so view expressed above indicates beliefs which do not extend at all beyond the physical.
other than using the label "spiritual" all that is described above is just the physical.

that's what makes it superficial. not seeing beyond the physical.
where in your "belief system" is that which provides a foundation to deal with these types of worries?
i don't see it.

the phrase used in the post above "seems very distant from God and spirituality" summarizes the view and perspective and lens and mindset of the OP. if weather patterns are bothering the OP then whatever framework they have of beliefs, then it "seems very distant from God and spirituality." Because it apparently does not extend beyond or see beyond climate, fires, drought, the economy, and trees.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-29-2022 at 10:38 AM..

Old 04-29-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
If you believe in "molecules to man" evolution, then you believe that God has already intentionally wired suffering, misery, and death into creation right from the start. The end of humanity is just a natural process that really has no cosmic significance except insofar as it may spur the evolution of any forms of life that can withstand whatever changes the earth has undergone.
Just to be clear, the theory of evolution does not address life from non-life, only species evolution. So there is no "molecules to man evolution". Just "simpler to more complex life evolution".

Are you suggesting that nature was not "red in tooth and claw" before the Fall, then? I suppose that as a theological position you are not burdened with even attempting to explain how that changed, as it could be entirely supernatural or miraculous. And you're right, it would at least partly solve your theodicy.

Can you cite any evidence (not Biblical assertions) that the whole "red in tooth and claw" thing doesn't go all the way back to the simplest life forms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality