Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2022, 04:43 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
What on earth are you talking about?

The two posts of mine you quoted weren't intended to be insulting or mocking, and I don't believe they can reasonably be read that way.
Not your posts...the list above you were responding to.
I noted "the list above".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 05:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I can tell you with absolute certainty that the times that I grew closer to God were in the midst of trial and hardship. When a loved one died, or I faced uncertainty. You may not see it that way, but it's arrogant to suggest that others might react differently.
As to the reference to arrogance. Your comment above says that it is arogang to suggest that others may react diffetently. How is that arrogant? Is it arrogant to suggest others may act like yourself?

I am truly confused as to your insertiin of arogant into your response to my post.

Old 08-30-2022, 05:27 PM

88 posts, read 33,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Not your posts...the list above you were responding to.
I noted "the list above".
OK, I thought you meant the list of quotes.

I agree this isn't a serious thread intended for meaningful discussion.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:11 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Picture this: a pastor is trying to baptize a new member into Jesus' family. He's in the water, he grabs a mike and he is electrocuted. He's rushed to the hospital but he doesn't survive.

WACO, Texas (ABP) — Kyle Lake, 33-year-old pastor of the innovative University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas, was electrocuted and died Oct. 30 after he grabbed a microphone while in a baptistry full of water.
According to eyewitness reports, Lake grabbed the microphone to adjust it while standing in the baptismal waters. He was shocked and collapsed. More than 800 people witnessed the event.

https://baptistnews.com/article/waco...tism-accident/

Try to get the full scope of the irony: a servant of God is killed by God doing God's work.

I mean if this doesn't convince you something is seriously wrong with Christianity in particular and religion in general I don't know what will.

And apparently it's not an isolated case. In Salisbury park Pune India this happened (at 0:35)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iD4oCcZmbg

Here are some cases where Christianity, far from being good for you, is downright deadly for you. What kind of crazy mixed up world does God run here? If these people had ignored God they'd be alive today. But because they tried to please God they're dead today. Once again, is God completely innocent of bad stuff happening on His watch and it's all the devil's fault?

My money is on Christians saying "The devil did it." So Satan is stronger than God. That's a reasonable conclusion.

No satan is not stronger than God. Thats absurd, no creation is stronger than the creator. Satan is destined for destruction in the lake of fire-0 he can do about it except take all he can with him. And they are letting him because they believe the darkness over Jesus. They are having their ears tickled and they believe it-2Cor 11:12-15= 99% of all religions are lead by these. 99% of all religions claiming to be christian are lead by these.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:35 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No satan is not stronger than God. Thats absurd, no creation is stronger than the creator. Satan is destined for destruction in the lake of fire-0 he can do about it except take all he can with him. And they are letting him because they believe the darkness over Jesus. They are having their ears tickled and they believe it-2Cor 11:12-15= 99% of all religions are lead by these. 99% of all religions claiming to be christian are lead by these.

Not a single word addresses the question in the OP.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:08 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are wrong...again...as usual. Why do you call a falsehood, a "simple fact"?
Christianity is growing...and the place it is growing fastest, is where education is top level.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Chi...ntry-s-leaders

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/201...ation-by-2030s

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-country.html

Anyone who is actually IN CHINA has another interpretation. This is all propaganda. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It is something to tell the faithful from the pulpit and to keep the money for Bibles coming into the collecting bucket.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:48 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Anyone who is actually IN CHINA has another interpretation. This is all propaganda. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It is something to tell the faithful from the pulpit and to keep the money for Bibles coming into the collecting bucket.
This is long-standing and on-going research and demographics IN CHINA.
It's usually the Anti-Religionists that are bothered by the fact that the world is 84% Religious and growing (even assuming much lower numbers for China then in those links), with Atheism declining....that call it "propaganda".
These are the facts:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...t-happens-next

Old 08-31-2022, 06:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

As to the reference to arrogance. Your comment above says that it is arogang to suggest that others may react diffetently. How is that arrogant? Is it arrogant to suggest others may act like yourself?

I am truly confused as to your insertiin of arogant into your response to my post.
I never said everyone would react as I did. Please stop putting words in my mouth. Some people get bitter when they suffer loss. This forum has several folks like that. Others, like me, are drawn closer to our savior.

Why do some get bitter and others run to God? No idea. Certainly not because we are better.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:21 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I never said everyone would react as I did. Please stop putting words in my mouth. Some people get bitter when they suffer loss. This forum has several folks like that. Others, like me, are drawn closer to our savior.

Why do some get bitter and others run to God? No idea. Certainly not because we are better.
Well, you can't get much closer than the electrical victim here. That's why I say that perhaps we should be glad he died.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:52 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
I agree this isn't a serious thread intended for meaningful discussion.
Maybe not, but at least it is not attempting to murder someone for blaspheming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality