Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,385 times

Advertisements

Does anyone out there find it to be more than just a 'coincidence' that the Earth is warming up (and there are all these droughts and fires)and man is destroying the earth at lightning speed... And God says in the Bible that He would turn up the heat on the Earth in the last days and that He would destroy those who destroyed the Earth... Perhaps these droughts and fires are not just 'man made' but a warning from God that the way the world is operating is not acceptable; And the time of thy wrath has come and the time of judgment that thou shouldest give reward and destroy those who have destroyed the Earth. Revelation 11-18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2022, 04:16 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,994,404 times
I am somewhat skeptical about climate change, as it not a pure science.
But I don’t believe this is indicated as some apocalyptic event, just like the Covid pandemic.
This is a normal cycle of events, and anyone can skew it to mean God’s wrath, or referenced in the Book of Revelation etc.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:19 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,161,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
But I don’t believe this is indicated as some apocalyptic event, just like the Covid pandemic.
This is a normal cycle of events, and anyone can skew it to mean God’s wrath, or referenced in the Book of Revelation etc.
Agree!

Old 12-10-2022, 04:25 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I don't know how anyone can be skeptical about the fact that the climate is changing. The only point of disagreement is whether it's the result of human activity or is simply part of the normal cycle of events. I believe that man has accelerated climate change beyond the rate that it would naturally occur.

Old 12-10-2022, 05:20 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I don't know how anyone can be skeptical about the fact that the climate is changing. The only point of disagreement is whether it's the result of human activity or is simply part of the normal cycle of events. I believe that man has accelerated climate change beyond the rate that it would naturally occur.
There is near-unanimity among climatologists and the published literature that 1) the planet is warming as a whole, and 2) the cause is anthropogenic, and 3) the warming is resulting in extreme localized weather events.

In other words, the experts - those steeped in the subject and most knowledgeable about it - are in greater agreement than one finds in many scientific areas.

Quote:
Greater than 99% consensus on human caused climate change in the peer-reviewed scientific literature
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...48-9326/ac2966

The problem is that a lot of people get their 'information' from talking heads on television who have no qualifications whatsoever in the field - the same yahoos who say things like "How can the planet be warming, Buffalo just got six feet of snow!" - and this sophistry (which I think generally isn't even believed by the people who spew it) is lapped up by those who find it more emotionally satisfying to dismiss the science by whatever flimsy excuse is offered.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:16 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There is near-unanimity among climatologists and the published literature that 1) the planet is warming as a whole, and 2) the cause is anthropogenic, and 3) the warming is resulting in extreme localized weather events.

In other words, the experts - those steeped in the subject and most knowledgeable about it - are in greater agreement than one finds in many scientific areas.

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...48-9326/ac2966

The problem is that a lot of people get their 'information' from talking heads on television who have no qualifications whatsoever in the field - the same yahoos who say things like "How can the planet be warming, Buffalo just got six feet of snow!" - and this sophistry (which I think generally isn't even believed by the people who spew it) is lapped up by those who find it more emotionally satisfying to dismiss the science by whatever flimsy excuse is offered.
Sad but true. The experts are experts for a reason. People need to be more discerning about who they listen to. And it doesn't do any good to bury your head in the sand and ignore what's happening as so many do.

Old 12-11-2022, 03:50 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Most of the extended extra heat and cold and storms are manipulated by giant wicked angels that God rejected even UFO which are wicked spirit have been seen during tornados and storms ....... So when people fear and complaint is what is motivating the extremes of the actions of these spirit and are calling on the fallen spirit to bring more of these manipulations into the weather ........ Jesus Spirit can rip these spirit out of the earth, but His children must pray for deliverance in the earth ......... Don't believe any of this you need to get Jesus spirit in your spirit to find truth.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:12 AM

17,779 posts, read 13,673,847 times
I hope this thread doesn't get closed as it morphs into a political thread.

But while it makes perfect sense that man would screw up the planet... I mean after all we ate the apple, we did whatever we did to get flooded out, we worshiped the golden calf... and on and on.

Many Christians don't see it that way. They see this not as us doing it to ourselves.... but rather God doing it TO us because of our moral failings.

Suffice it to say they don't believe in man made climate change because of us driving our cars. But if scientists said that climate change was due to the methane produced by the farts of LGBTQ people... it would be gospel to them.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:47 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Grid Farmer View Post
Does anyone out there find it to be more than just a 'coincidence' that the Earth is warming up (and there are all these droughts and fires)and man is destroying the earth at lightning speed... And God says in the Bible that He would turn up the heat on the Earth in the last days and that He would destroy those who destroyed the Earth... Perhaps these droughts and fires are not just 'man made' but a warning from God that the way the world is operating is not acceptable; And the time of thy wrath has come and the time of judgment that thou shouldest give reward and destroy those who have destroyed the Earth. Revelation 11-18
One would think we would get a better warning than something that has happened over billions of years.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Grid Farmer View Post
Nope.

The earth has cooled and warmed before. This is a cycle.

The stuff in Revelation will be pretty obvious. It won't be debatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality