Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 03:59 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Of course...some Anti-Christians cannot help themselves but to saturate the thread with political screeds.
And, as usual...they are biased and discriminatory against "conservatives", even naming specific political officials they are biased against.
I thought we weren't supposed to speak of "politics" here?
In the U.S., to prevent Discrimination, there have been designated "Protected Classes"....Race, Color, Religion or creed, National origin or ancestry, Sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), Age, etc,
It is deemed to be biased & discriminatory to attribute or associate "badness" with any of these.
Yet, for some reason, many here feel it is perfectly OK to be openly biased against people on the basis of their Religion...and speak negatively and associate all manner of evil volition to them, on the basis of their Religion/Creed.
What's up with that?
Do they not see that they are being just as biased and discriminatory as those they point fingers at?
Christianity makes up a third of the world, and Religion takes up over 4 out of 5...so, of course there will be some "bad actors" in a group that vast.
It is outright Discrimination, Bias, and Prejudice to associate "bad acts" with a protected class like Religion...no different than it would be to associate "badness" with a certain race, ethnicity, sex, etc.
Not sure why you included my quotes in there, since I am hardly "Anti-Christian" and my posts were not political. Did you think I wouldn't see this?

Old 11-06-2022, 05:27 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not sure why you included my quotes in there, since I am hardly "Anti-Christian" and my posts were not political. Did you think I wouldn't see this?
I was hoping you'd see it...since (as you know from my personal experience) the focus of posts that are in any way "political" have been such a issue.
Here...you have posts that even name a bunch of different political officials, and cite Political Party ideology postures.
Are Political posts acceptable if they are negative toward Religion?

You did not post in red (in Moderator status), so I figured you were just posting as a Member.
I said "some" Anti-Religionists...not "all"...and I never said your posts were political.
But I was noting the ascription of the association of very evil volitions and deeds with Religion (a "Protected Class" relative to discrimination)...a very biased, prejudicial, and discriminatory practice.
Linking/associating the Religious/Christians as those that accept (even boosters for) slavery, terrorism, mass murder, torture, rape, etc is as discriminatory as it gets.
Say that about people based upon race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation...see what is thought of that.
Saying that about people because of their Religion is no less discriminatory.
What "should not be given a pass"...is the biased, prejudicial, and discriminatory act of implying any association of "Christianity" with "White Supremacy & Violence". That should be condemned, totally.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
I no longer am member of a churches due to the large number of people there subscribe to QAnon beliefs and other far right beliefs. I just feel unsafe being in a church like that. I am a Christian and certainly read the bible and used to love going to church. Jesus after all preached about loving others and our enemies, turning the other cheek and helping the poor. All this commands of Jesus seem to be missing in what QAnon and other far right followers believe or teach.

How were the parishioners of the churches you went to "subscribing" to those things you mentioned? What were they doing?
What did any of that have to do with Abrahamic Philosophy?

Old 11-06-2022, 06:12 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well at least he admitted this: "Do they not see that they are being just as biased and discriminatory as those they point fingers at?

Old 11-06-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well at least he admitted this: "Do they not see that they are being just as biased and discriminatory as those they point fingers at?
Correct...every large organization or group has those within that are biased and discriminatory...and that is inevitably so.
I never said that "Religion/Christianity" has no people within that had biased and discriminatory tendencies. That does not define the group.
I noted that those that try to condemn a whole Protected Class because of the negative ideas/acts of a few within that group...are being no different than those they criticize.
No different than saying, "It's time to stop giving >>insert National Origin<< a pass on Organized Crime"
OR
"It's time to stop giving >>insert Race<< a pass on Gang Violence"
OR
"It's time to stop giving >>insert Sexual Orientation<< a pass on Spreading Monkeypox/AIDS/STDs".

For some reason, the prejudicial and discriminatory aspect of blaming "Christianity" for the racist attitude of some like that who also claim association with said Theology, seems to be completely lost on some people.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:53 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
How were the parishioners of the churches you went to "subscribing" to those things you mentioned? What were they doing?
What did any of that have to do with Abrahamic Philosophy?
Well those that hold those believes believe that cultural marxism is infecting the whole country and must be opposed at all costs. Plus they can support openly racist politicians and who are openly Islamphobic and anti refugee, and returning to a whites only immigration policy for the country. They want the far right politicians to take power and to return the country back to its European Christian roots. Plus to fight against the so called Godlessness in society and so called immorality such as gay rights and abortion. Plus to get rid even by force if they had power the so called progressive politicians and even state that certain ruling politicians should be be prison or hung for treason.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:03 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default It’s Time to Stop Giving Christianity a Pass on White Supremacy and Violence

Stop this bigoted perspective as if what the OP believes about Christians is true. It is NOT true as all bigoted generalizations are. The simple truth is that it’s Time to Stop Giving White Supremacy and Violence a Pass no matter WHO engages in it!!!

Old 11-07-2022, 08:31 AM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop this bigoted perspective as if what the OP believes about Christians is true. It is NOT true as all bigoted generalizations are. The simple truth is that it’s Time to Stop Giving White Supremacy and Violence a Pass no matter WHO engages in it!!!
I agree, except the OP doesn't state that all Christians are white supremacists. In fact it specifically speaks of overlap.

Some Christians ARE white supremacists, others are sympathetic or complicit with them, many others are neither of those things. The cited survey also says that certain groups of people who aren't classified as by religious persuasion are also white supremacists, so we know from the source material than it is not strictly a Christian problem necessarily, though not to what degree.

However, Christians lay claim to a higher morality, a greater love, and an imperative to save the world, so they should not be associated with such fascistic ideologies AT ALL. They hold themselves to a higher standard, and therefore, so do we.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:15 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I agree, except the OP doesn't state that all Christians are white supremacists. In fact it specifically speaks of overlap.

Some Christians ARE white supremacists, others are sympathetic or complicit with them, many others are neither of those things. The cited survey also says that certain groups of people who aren't classified as by religious persuasion are also white supremacists, so we know from the source material than it is not strictly a Christian problem necessarily, though not to what degree.

However, Christians lay claim to a higher morality, a greater love, and an imperative to save the world, so they should not be associated with such fascistic ideologies AT ALL. They hold themselves to a higher standard, and therefore, so do we.
It is unfair to indict ANY group for the bad actors who are in it or claim to be! The bad actors own their nad actions, period! There are limited remedies available to any group, especially one as large and diverse as Christianity.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

You must have missed the title of the thread: It’s Time to Stop Giving Christianity a Pass on White Supremacy and Violence
The accusation is against "Christianity".

Also..the bolded above^^^...that is standard Atheist spin & dishonesty.
From my understanding, Christian doctrine tells them that they are not only not "higher" but they are unfit sinners, and even what they might do that's good is nothing but like a "filthy rag". That the only reason anyone is okay...is because of "undeserved kindness and mercy".
Parishioners are instructed from the ancient writings not to get "puffed up with pride" and to understand that their life does not even belong to them.
How any of that would make somebody feel "higher ", such that they adopt some attitude of superiority and think they are in any way "greater" than others, I do not know.
Many Former Christian Atheists on this board just use that as another dishonest slam on Christians. They know it is not a legit claim or argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality