Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2022, 09:35 AM

50,844 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know how you managed to read my post and think that I thought anything mentioned was Christianity's fault. As a matter of fact, reading my post would tell anybody that it is NOT the fault of Christianity that White Supremacists claim to be Christians. Since you mention it, neither is it the fault of Islam that some terrorists claim to be Muslims.
The problem that I see is NOT that christianity causes white supremacy, but rather that white supremacists can so misuse christianity to support their supremacist views...and that to a large extent christianity as a body seems to just shrug it shoulders about it.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:22 AM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The problem that I see is NOT that christianity causes white supremacy, but rather that white supremacists can so misuse christianity to support their supremacist views...and that to a large extent christianity as a body seems to just shrug it shoulders about it.
Are you aware of some magic pill that will eradicate white supremacy from the minds of those morons, phet??? What is it you think Christians as a body should do about them in a free society??? How do you stop anyone from claiming to be Christian???

Old 10-19-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you aware of some magic pill that will eradicate white supremacy from the minds of those morons, phet??? What is it you think Christians as a body should do about them in a free society??? How do you stop anyone from claiming to be Christian???
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”.

Old 10-19-2022, 11:14 AM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”.
Our official authorities do act when those morons act criminally. What else do you propose we good men and women do besides that, phet???

Old 10-19-2022, 12:16 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
... It is a mess and sadly you can't be truly having a Chrisitan life and be racist at the same time.
I read your post twice and have no idea what you are trying to say, so I am going to just reply to this last question with a question of my own:

Are you unhappy that being racist isn't Christian?

Old 10-19-2022, 12:37 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Quote:

Old 10-19-2022, 05:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know how you managed to read my post and think that I thought anything mentioned was Christianity's fault. As a matter of fact, reading my post would tell anybody that it is NOT the fault of Christianity that White Supremacists claim to be Christians. Since you mention it, neither is it the fault of Islam that some terrorists claim to be Muslims.
I guess it's more of a general whine. Not necessarily about YOUR post in particular, but the general tone around here toward Christianity. This crap gets old. It's nonstop the same garbage. And like it or not, it's encouraged.

Old 10-19-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Our official authorities do act when those morons act criminally. What else do you propose we good men and women do besides that, phet???
If you see something...say something. And that's what we atheists are doing here.

Old 10-19-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I guess it's more of a general whine. Not necessarily about YOUR post in particular, but the general tone around here toward Christianity. This crap gets old. It's nonstop the same garbage. And like it or not, it's encouraged.
That's how we feel...the bolded...about having to hear so much in our country about christianity.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:11 PM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
If you see something...say something. And that's what we atheists are doing here.
But you know that other Christians speak out against racism and things like white supremacy all the time. What more can they really do beyond that, though? It's the same as telling upstanding black citizens to rein in the behavior of ghetto gangsters or Muslims to stop the terrorist fanatics. People don't have the power to change others just because there is some connection via race or religion.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-19-2022 at 10:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.