Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2023, 08:01 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times

Advertisements

"In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. Psalm 40:6

Again, how on earth does anyone find even a hint of Jesus in this verse. In fact JUST THE OPPOSITE is stated plainly.

Jesus was a sin offering. Yet the words say that God does NOT require a sin offering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 08:42 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
"In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. Psalm 40:6

Again, how on earth does anyone find even a hint of Jesus in this verse. In fact JUST THE OPPOSITE is stated plainly.

Jesus was a sin offering. Yet the words say that God does NOT require a sin offering.
I have never understood that claim that Jesus was a "sin offering." It fails on so many levels. Not only was he not any of the animals allowed for a sin offering, not only wasn't he physically proper to be an offering of any sort, not only was he not sacrificed in the way required for a sin offering (and not only did a sin offering only help for a very limited and specific type of sins) but some people try to equate him to a Psachal offering which is not a sin offering.

I just find the whole thing confusing.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:55 AM

22,188 posts, read 19,227,493 times
it is an attempt at replacement theology

Old 05-07-2023, 09:20 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I have never understood that claim that Jesus was a "sin offering." It fails on so many levels. Not only was he not any of the animals allowed for a sin offering, not only wasn't he physically proper to be an offering of any sort, not only was he not sacrificed in the way required for a sin offering (and not only did a sin offering only help for a very limited and specific type of sins) but some people try to equate him to a Psachal offering which is not a sin offering.

I just find the whole thing confusing.
1 Corinthians Ch. 2......No, we speak of God's secret wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had,they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.......

If a sin offering is made without a piercing of the heart, what good is it. David owned what he had done and speaks from a pierced heart. As God said in fulfilling the law, the circumcision of the heart.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:23 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
1 Corinthians Ch. 2......No, we speak of God's secret wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had,they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.......

If a sin offering is made without a piercing of the heart, what good is it. David owned what he had done and speaks from a pierced heart. As God said in fulfilling the law, the circumcision of the heart.
Whut? That is the most circumbobulated "explanation" I have ever heard/read in my life.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:28 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times
Quote:
"In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. Psalm 40:6]
Post in quote below was given in response to my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Whut? That is the most circumbobulated "explanation" I have ever heard/read in my life.
I like what the bolded says and expresses.

Circumcision of the heart is the penetrating and opening of the heart to God.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:48 AM

4,085 posts, read 880,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Here we go again with the old "the Jews hate G-d" trope. This is ridiculous for an intelligent person to even contemplate, but we're dealing with the a particular "believer" here, so...
You think you are making sense? Show where I said "the Jews hate G-d".

Jews without faith were cut off and can only be grafted back in if they don't persist in unbelief in Jesus.

All people, Jews and Gentiles are bound to the same place of condemnation unless they come to God through Jesus.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:10 AM

22,188 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Jews have faith in God. and connect to God directly. as we have been doing for the past 3,800 years.
no intermediary is needed.

now you know.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:11 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You think you are making sense? Show where I said "the Jews hate G-d".

Jews without faith were cut off and can only be grafted back in if they don't persist in unbelief in Jesus.

All people, Jews and Gentiles are bound to the same place of condemnation unless they come to God through Jesus.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
In your post #754 you said "The Jews who reject Jesus go by the Talmud. I don't try to get knowledge from those who "go against" G-d and His Son Jesus Christ." So "go against" doesn't mean hate in any fashion?

Old 05-07-2023, 10:12 AM

4,085 posts, read 880,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Perfect. Thank you for confirming that forgiveness came to David without his offering any sacrifice.
Under the law David would have been put to death.

David being saved by confessing his sins to God and being forgiven was a glimpse at the coming salvation through Jesus.

Even though David was forgiven without an animal sacrifice, for which there was none for his sins to give, he said after he repented and is forgiven he will give sacrifices.

God didn't like it when the Jews would sin---not really be sorry for their sins and actually keep sinning---yet give sin offering.

God spoke of the new covenant that He would make one day, through faith.

Jesus cleans us of the sins he knows if we are truly sorry for them.

Psalm 51

14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality