Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 08:55 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I believe God is a frequency and we tune into this frequency when we do things out of love. If you turn your dial to the same frequency as love, your dialed into God.
Agape love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 09:51 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
How is morality objective or absolute?
A good question, and it is not that simple. But once we define what morality is and why we should be moral, then certain objective truths will follow, such as murder is objectively wrong. An analogy would be defining what a circle is, with PI being an objective truth independent from the definition.

The point to my post you quoted is that BF argues his god must exist because objective morality exists, as if objective truths can only come from a god. He then argues his god subjectively decides what is moral, refuting his own argument.

Old 06-05-2023, 10:40 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I believe God is a frequency and we tune into this frequency when we do things out of love. If you turn your dial to the same frequency as love, your dialed into God.
Giving this idea a bit more thought, it occurs to me that although I am an atheist, I'm tuned into that "frequency of love" quite often. If not always when it comes to my wife, family and friends generally speaking. Accordingly, I guess according to you and those who agree with you, I'm "dialed into God" on a regular basis!

Perhaps another reason I can remain content and at peace regardless what me or anyone else believes about religion or the existence of a god. I like it!

Love,

LM

Old 06-05-2023, 08:30 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Agape love.
And my evergreen question. Why can we not feel this type of love the way we feel love from the humans who love us?

We are supposed to believe God loves us because there are Bible verses and whatnot that SAY so. There is an absence of the sense or feeling of being loved, however.

This has always been my dilemma with Christianity. If agape love is so pure, so real, so overwhelming, why can we not sense that we are loved by God the way sense and feel it from humans? Why do we just have to believe it without feeling it?

In fact, we can tell when a human tells us they love us but doesn't because we have no sense of being loved. How then does that absence of sense of feeling about God loving us mean something different?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:38 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And my evergreen question. Why can we not feel this type of love the way we feel love from the humans who love us?

We are supposed to believe God loves us because there are Bible verses and whatnot that SAY so. There is an absence of the sense or feeling of being loved, however.

This has always been my dilemma with Christianity. If agape love is so pure, so real, so overwhelming, why can we not sense that we are loved by God the way sense and feel it from humans? Why do we just have to believe it without feeling it?

In fact, we can tell when a human tells us they love us but doesn't because we have no sense of being loved. How then does that absence of sense of feeling about God loving us mean something different?
How would god’s love feel? I think it would feel exactly like when my son kisses me on my forehead, my husband hugs me, when the dogs come running to me from across the street, dragging their owners, to show me love and be loved and patted, which I do.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:

I too wonder that if a love is agape, we wouldn't all be able to feel it.

I actually don't believe the God of the Bible shows agape love at all. He directs people to kill other people, for instance. And he calls himself "jealous."

Now, a person's love -- I can feel that. I can even feel my pets' love. But not God's perfect love? It just makes no sense.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:44 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
How would god’s love feel? I think it would feel exactly like when my son kisses me on my forehead, my husband hugs me, when the dogs come running to me from across the street, dragging their owners, to show me love and be loved and patted, which I do.
Exactly my point. There is no such feeling from God.

Old 06-06-2023, 01:19 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:

Did your daughter feel the love you had for her while she was in your womb??? Our Reality is a "spiritual womb" and the spiritual realm exists at the higher frequency energy level of quanta well beyond the one we inhabit at the macro level. We must make contact through meditation or devout prayer removed from the low-frequency energy level of our sensory system and physical world. As long as we are tied to the physical and our senses, we are at the wrong frequency range (think tuning to the wrong TV station.). That is why prayers about our physical l lives seem to return empty. Our physical lives are the most important to most of us so we are essentially incommunicado.

I stumbled into God through rigorous and diligent biofeedback control of my autonomic processes in deep meditation. It was not easy to replicate, but I did it two more times in that first year to verify it was real. It is not an easy process but it produced what I call a quantum entanglement that has never been broken. Apparently, some extremely devout prayer warriors are able to get into similar contact, but if my experiences are an example, it is not easy. Most people have the wrong focus and state of mind conditioned by the exigencies of their physical lives, IMO.

Old 06-06-2023, 02:53 AM

676 posts, read 203,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Giving this idea a bit more thought, it occurs to me that although I am an atheist, I'm tuned into that "frequency of love" quite often. If not always when it comes to my wife, family and friends generally speaking. Accordingly, I guess according to you and those who agree with you, I'm "dialed into God" on a regular basis!

Perhaps another reason I can remain content and at peace regardless what me or anyone else believes about religion or the existence of a god. I like it!

Love,

LM
Well, that is good. It reminds me of Mark 2:17..

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Old 06-06-2023, 03:31 AM

6 posts, read 2,535 times
no its a reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality