Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 03:37 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

One other thing.....Krishna was willing to show up to help Indians kill other Indians in a pointless battle but wasn't willing to show up to help Indians kill Brits.

What does that say?

They were not Indians, there was no India at the time. It was about cousins killing cousins and other relatives, an estate battle.
Arjuna pleaded with Krishna for help, so he did by being his charioteer. Arjuna got to see Krishna in his Cosmic Awesomeness. They all died by the way, including Krishna. He was shot by a hunter, I think.

The Indians with the British is a very different story. It is history not mythology. Both have lessons though.
Mahabharata (the Great War) - Everything that is born dies in the end.
India's independence from the British - A son of India is now the Prime Minister of England. Pretty nice work by Krishna, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2023, 09:52 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
And they are not Indians. They are Hindus.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:12 PM

For Mircea:

https://thegaudiyatreasuresofbengal....ion_of_Krishna

Old 06-21-2023, 07:53 AM

Just to sum up.
There is only one Maha mantra.

That is Hare Krishna mantra.
Not Hare Vishnu. Not Hare Brahma. Not Hare Shiva or Ganesh or else.
It is Hare KRISHNA.

Namaste

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

Krishna consciousness is not an artificial imposition on the mind; this consciousness is the original energy of the living entity. When we hear the transcendental vibration, this consciousness is revived [...] This chanting of 'Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare / Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare' is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, and thus this sound vibration surpasses all lower strata of consciousness – namely sensual, mental, and intellectual [...] As such anyone can take part in the chanting without any previous qualification.

(please, recall, what I said about Consciousness being the ultimate and final beginning of all beginnings and giving function to everything. Here you go. Krishna is nothing more, than that Consciousness)

Old 06-22-2023, 02:55 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
They were not Indians, there was no India at the time. It was about cousins killing cousins and other relatives, an estate battle.
Thank you for proving my point because now everyone can see the battle was even more worthless and useless than I pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Just to sum up.
There is only one Maha mantra.
Not if we're already past Time Point "0".

Old 06-22-2023, 03:12 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point because now everyone can see the battle was even more worthless and useless than I pointed out.

Worthless to those who only know pulp fiction or cartoons with stick figures, materialists. To others it is a treasure trove of literature and always current, always fresh. The Bhagavad Gita (which appears in the epic, for those who learn everything from the internet) is a source os inspiration for people allover the world and translated in several languages.

Old 06-22-2023, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Worthless to those who only know pulp fiction or cartoons with stick figures, materialists. To others it is a treasure trove of literature and always current, always fresh. The Bhagavad Gita (which appears in the epic, for those who learn everything from the internet) is a source os inspiration for people allover the world and translated in several languages.

Repped you.
Bhagavat Gita" is one of the most priceless artifacts of the human civilization. Of course, unless you try to read it as comics book.

Old 06-22-2023, 09:51 PM

Quote:

To be honest, I expected more. After previous page volume on Hinduism.....

Well, I'd rest assured that I managed to show that KRSHNA is the ultimate as pure Consciousness.

Hare KRSHNA

Namaste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality