Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2024, 10:00 AM

16,762 posts, read 4,971,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
YOU do not have the evidence consciousness DOES NOT continue after death.
Yes I do, the evidence consciousness is a product of the brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All your evidence requires the brain to communicate its existence and content which misleads you to think it is gone when there is no brain to communicate it to you. The brain is a transceiver. Once it creates the "resonant composite consciousness" at the quanta level it is "broadcast" like light only as unmeasurable "dark energy." Our only contact with it at the macro level is "delayed" through the traces "recorded" in the brain.

Our lives are permanent episodes of "The Sting" enacted at this macro level. Our Real consciousness is at the quanta level. You have no evidence that the "disconnection" of communication ("death") eliminates its continued existence at that level. The measurable light and other radiation at that level (Cosmic rays, etc.) show no signs of "death." They continue within the observable universe for countless years. The universe's expansion by dark energy suggests the unmeasurable quanta do the same, IMO.
IYO, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 10:07 AM

16,762 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
ETERNAL LIFE IS BORING
The end goal for sequential linear time bound, partially furred, variously garbed, electrically powered, food cooking, water filled, gas processing meat bags inhabited by sentient nondimensional beings is to ride them until they break, and get in line to ride another.
- - - Sri Om Hip Shoowapdoowah, 19th Buddha Doodha Diddy Diddy Doo

Living in a sacred manner, helping the most people, easing suffering, improving the human condition, considering the needs of the seventh generation yet to come, and insuring more abundant life is a worthy vocation. Try to be the kind of person you’d prefer to spend eternity with, otherwise you’re hell to be around.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:12 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
ETERNAL LIFE IS BORING
The end goal for sequential linear time bound, partially furred, variously garbed, electrically powered, food cooking, water filled, gas processing meat bags inhabited by sentient nondimensional beings is to ride them until they break, and get in line to ride another.
- - - Sri Om Hip Shoowapdoowah, 19th Buddha Doodha Diddy Diddy Doo

Living in a sacred manner, helping the most people, easing suffering, improving the human condition, considering the needs of the seventh generation yet to come, and insuring more abundant life is a worthy vocation. Try to be the kind of person you’d prefer to spend eternity with, otherwise you’re hell to be around.
regarding bold above then that is your own dogma.
whereas the wisdom of actual Buddhism (and other paths of religion and spirituality) is to step off of that cycle.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-07-2024 at 01:45 PM..

Old 04-07-2024, 01:24 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Eternal life is boring only for those, who can not conceive of it anything more, than just repetition of the beat up physical run. Then yes, sure, it is boring AND VERY FAST.. This is why it was punishment for Agaspherus.
I agree, soon it becomes hell. Again, The Groundhog Day is great visual on how it happens.
But if you were to continue on the eternal path pf progression, eventually becoming pure Consciousness and your unique cosmos - boredom is not possible.
You just not seeing it right.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:39 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Naturally it would be a simulacrum, but just because it is not a human would not mean it is not intelligent, just as a dog is not a human but is intelligent.

You mean a system that can recognize faces? Done.
A system that can discover cancers? Done.
A system that can predict what what you are probably going to buy? Done.
A system that can recognize corrupted images? Done.
A system that can smell things? Done.
Appreciate the effort, you put into several posts. Not sure, what "straw man" means, must be something derogatory, but I don't understand the allegory, so I'll pass? Maybe, Wizard of Oz one? He was a smart guy though..
Anyhow.
I hope, you do realize that what you suggested as an AI produced beauty, wisdom, passion, etc (see my post) is none of those things? As if not, I feel sorry.

Anyhow. Again, appreciate the effort. We are so much on different, not crossing orbits, that there is no point to exchange opinions, as they are based in completely different world views. And I despise wasting effort on useless discussions.

As wise man said, some concepts are not understood not because of the lack of understanding but, because they are beyond one's circle of understandings.

Be well. If it will make you feel better, feel free to believe that you showed me. Like, really showed me.

Namaste

Old 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM

the operative word in "artificial intelligence" is artificial.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:53 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Appreciate the effort, you put into several posts. Not sure, what "straw man" means, must be something derogatory, but I don't understand the allegory, so I'll pass? Maybe, Wizard of Oz one? He was a smart guy though..
Anyhow.
I hope, you do realize that what you suggested as an AI produced beauty, wisdom, passion, etc (see my post) is none of those things? As if not, I feel sorry.

Anyhow. Again, appreciate the effort. We are so much on different, not crossing orbits, that there is no point to exchange opinions, as they are based in completely different world views. And I despise wasting effort on useless discussions.

As wise man said, some concepts are not understood not because of the lack of understanding but, because they are beyond one's circle of understandings.

Be well. If it will make you feel better, feel free to believe that you showed me. Like, really showed me.

Namaste

Old 04-07-2024, 02:03 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
regarding bold above then that is your own dogma.
whereas the wisdom of actual Buddhism (and other paths of religion and spirituality) is to step off of that cycle.
Why do you keep talking about the 'wisdom of Buddhism' and yet you are not a Buddhist?

Old 04-07-2024, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the operative word in "artificial intelligence" is artificial.
and at the core is artifice.

Old 04-07-2024, 02:06 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
There are literally thousands of NDE near death experiences that indicate life after death even in those that do not believe in God. Some of these are adamite atheists and even neurosurgeons that understand the workings of the brain.
The world is full of things we do not understand and are still learning, and man's existence is far more complex than it appears on the surface. I know because I experience God's intervention in my life almost every day.
Denial does not make one superior, it indicates one's ignorance.
There are plants and insects that can be thoroughly frozen and come back to life when thawed.
There are creatures that can only be seen using special filters that see other spectrums of light.
Cats seem to see and sense things we cannot and dogs hear, sense, and smell things we cannot.
Just because man's capacity is limited due to ignorance, does not make him an authority on eternity for that matter.
There are those that practice traveling out side the body, (remote viewers) the governments of the world use to spy on one another. They would not invest in something they did not have proof of.
Atheists prefer the idea that there is no life after death.
One last thing. Years ago I read the story of a man that lived in the north east of the country, that had died an left his body and travel south to one of the southern states he had never been in his life, I think Florida and entered a bar and saw a lot of strange things, demons interacting with those in the bar.
For some reason he then returned to the hospital he had been admitted but his body had been moved being dead and finally found it in the morgue. He came-to and began moving and got the attention of some one working there and they returned him back to an available bed and slowly recovered.
A while later, thinking had had only dreamed this experience, he gathered the money and took a trip and found the bar he had visited in his spirit.
He saw everything as it was but the demons that he had seen in his experience.
He had no trouble believing in God after this, and gave his life to the Lord because of that experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality