Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 08:51 AM

19,228 posts, read 27,863,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Very few of those are sciences (zb, science is a philosophy, philosophy is not science), and psychology relies on data.
Bag your pardon?

Human science (or human sciences in the plural) studies the philosophical, biological, social, justice, and cultural aspects of human life.[1] Human science aims to expand the understanding of the human world through a broad interdisciplinary approach. It encompasses a wide range of fields - including history, philosophy, sociology, psychology, justice studies, evolutionary biology, biochemistry, neurosciences, folkloristics, and anthropology.[2] It is the study and interpretation of the experiences, activities, constructs, and artifacts associated with human beings.

"relies on data"? What data? Dreams, emotions, fantasy, phobias and so on? Scribbles on notebook? That is then does basic statistics based on empirical observations is not data, only accounting. Show me microscope or tester, you can measure human psyche with. It's PURE mental science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2024, 09:13 AM

16,883 posts, read 5,075,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Bag your pardon?

Human science (or human sciences in the plural) studies the philosophical, biological, social, justice, and cultural aspects of human life.[1] Human science aims to expand the understanding of the human world through a broad interdisciplinary approach. It encompasses a wide range of fields - including history, philosophy, sociology, psychology, justice studies, evolutionary biology, biochemistry, neurosciences, folkloristics, and anthropology.[2] It is the study and interpretation of the experiences, activities, constructs, and artifacts associated with human beings.
Some things called sciences are not using the scientific method.

Quote:
"relies on data"? What data? Dreams, emotions, fantasy, phobias and so on? Scribbles on notebook? That is then does basic statistics based on empirical observations is not data, only accounting. Show me microscope or tester, you can measure human psyche with. It's PURE mental science.
1 white crow, EEG machines.

Old 05-25-2024, 09:21 AM

22,843 posts, read 19,459,518 times
Quote:
Not exactly.
Let's use this, as example: darkness. There is no darkness, only absence of light. Where there is light, darkness disappears.
In the after the death stages, there is period, when "soul" goes through "cleansing" process, shedding everything that may cause any adverse emotions and thoughts. As the next state it enters, is the state of total happiness, blissful rest, and that is not possible if such adverse conditions are still present in the "soul".
Bliss in the eternal is like light, causing lack of darkness. "soul" is simply uncapable of any "low" thoughts or emotions and, as such, is in permanent state of bliss.
BTW, this is problem with all those, who claim they don't want to live forever. Indeed, if their imagination does not go past the earthly existence as template.
OK that makes more sense.

but i differentiate between "happiness" as an emotional state which comes and goes and fluctuates.....
...and "awareness" which is the core of my being which observes those emotional states that come and go.

"feelings" and "emotions" come and go
being and awareness does not. and i agree that the natural and permanent state of being is without any adverse conditions. peace has a stronger resonance for me and feels deeper and more core; than "happiness" which to me is more superficial and fleeting.
peace to me is a state of being and not an emotion.

it raises the question does pure awareness have "emotions" and "feelings."
if at our core and essence we are pure awareness, then that is awareness and intention.
neither of those are "emotions" or "feelings."

Old 05-25-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Not exactly.
Let's use this, as example: darkness. There is no darkness, only absence of light. Where there is light, darkness disappears.
In the after the death stages, there is period, when "soul" goes through "cleansing" process, shedding everything that may cause any adverse emotions and thoughts. As the next state it enters, is the state of total happiness, blissful rest, and that is not possible if such adverse conditions are still present in the "soul".
Bliss in the eternal is like light, causing lack of darkness. "soul" is simply uncapable of any "low" thoughts or emotions and, as such, is in permanent state of bliss.
BTW, this is problem with all those, who claim they don't want to live forever. Indeed, if their imagination does not go past the earthly existence as template.
and i agree there is a distinction between the state we are in when we are "in between" incarnations, but keep coming back over and over to reincarnate. yes we are still attached to "emotions" and "feelings" then, which is one of the reasons we keep coming back. Compared to the state we are in when we leave the cycle of incarnating altogether and step completely out of separation and away from "the universe and everything in it" the worlds of form. That is what i refer to as our natural state of pure awareness.

Old 05-25-2024, 02:01 PM

64,119 posts, read 40,434,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and i agree there is a distinction between the state we are in when we are "in between" incarnations, but keep coming back over and over to reincarnate. yes we are still attached to "emotions" and "feelings" then, which is one of the reasons we keep coming back. Compared to the state we are in when we leave the cycle of incarnating altogether and step completely out of separation and away from "the universe and everything in it" the worlds of form. That is what i refer to as our natural state of pure awareness.
Exactly what is this emotionless pure awareness supposed to be AWARE OF??? Love is an emotion and whatever else the ONENESS is, it definitely IS love.

Old 05-25-2024, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Exactly what is this emotionless pure awareness supposed to be AWARE OF??? Love is an emotion and whatever else the ONENESS is, it definitely IS love.
awareness is not an emotion.
intention is not an emotion.

Divinity is not an emotion.
Being and existence are not emotions.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-25-2024 at 03:40 PM..

Old 05-25-2024, 04:55 PM

7,346 posts, read 6,978,325 times
I lived in the mountains where ether is a lot of spiritual activity.
I kicked an evil spirit out of my house, and it took residence across the street. I know because several years later the people that had been living in that house at the time told me that several times the gas stove had been turned on down stairs and they had to go back down and shut it off several times, so much so they finally moved out. several other folk have had similar experiences.
There are areas that are so active people that seek such things gather. But this is an unsafe practice. The bible warns not to participate.
A good friends son got tied in with people like this and acquired a demon that would do mischiefs things even down right cruel things the boy had observed against other kids.
Though the boy had been freed from this creature he still sees it.
Spiritual world is not something that will allow itself to be put under a microscope Would you like to be put under a microscope and manipulated the way scientists do? Let's dissect you to see what makes you tick.
There are several problems with this culture in that because they are what they are, they are believed to be truthful and honest and helpful.
These are a distraction from seeking God, and many fall into this pit of distraction.
There are many that have sold their soul to the devil and become rich and famous, but their life is become a nightmare.
Jesus' name has power over this realm, and though some have used Jesus' name without a relationship, that world knows who is and who is not under Jesus Lordship.

Old 05-25-2024, 05:23 PM

51,338 posts, read 24,754,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I lived in the mountains where ether is a lot of spiritual activity.
I kicked an evil spirit out of my house, and it took residence across the street. I know because several years later the people that had been living in that house at the time told me that several times the gas stove had been turned on down stairs and they had to go back down and shut it off several times, so much so they finally moved out. several other folk have had similar experiences.
There are areas that are so active people that seek such things gather. But this is an unsafe practice. The bible warns not to participate.
A good friends son got tied in with people like this and acquired a demon that would do mischiefs things even down right cruel things the boy had observed against other kids.
Though the boy had been freed from this creature he still sees it.
Spiritual world is not something that will allow itself to be put under a microscope Would you like to be put under a microscope and manipulated the way scientists do? Let's dissect you to see what makes you tick.
There are several problems with this culture in that because they are what they are, they are believed to be truthful and honest and helpful.
These are a distraction from seeking God, and many fall into this pit of distraction.
There are many that have sold their soul to the devil and become rich and famous, but their life is become a nightmare.
Jesus' name has power over this realm, and though some have used Jesus' name without a relationship, that world knows who is and who is not under Jesus Lordship.
I love it when christians post things like this.

Old 05-25-2024, 11:59 PM

2,845 posts, read 2,726,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Yes, I know....it's a common question: what happens after we die?

after we die we are transfared into a different world

When a new child is born and comes into our present world,
We realize that he has been living for nine months
in a different world inside his mother's womb, but he does not realize it
He does not realize that there is someone ready to receive him and take care of him.

Likewise, when we die, we will move from this present world to another world in between
The present life and the last day

And there will be some creatures from that world who will receive us
Only the dead will be able to realize this

The dead person will be asked specific questions

Based on his answers and believes he will be in hell or heaven

this is not Nonsense

take it seriously and realistic

Old 05-26-2024, 10:07 AM

19,228 posts, read 27,863,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Love is not emotion. Love is state of mind. An attribute, if you wish.

Pure awareness is not aware of anything. It is "state of awareness". "awareness" is being IN everything. Not being aware OF everything. There's fine difference. It is old conflict of Observer and Observed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality