Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Actually does that make Alpha wrong?
Did I say he was?...Just sayin' who is and who isn't for future reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 04:14 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonfishback View Post
You would think supermike would have known that Einstein believed in God. Way to go alpha8207!!!!!!!

It is interesting to me as well, that the writer in the above article states that he and fellow unbelievers will burn, I guess because God has given to every man a measure of faith to believe in him, and because he has chosen to reject God his own concious is condeming him. Sad.
I am not sure if you were serious or joking with the statement on Einstein, but in case you did not know Einstein was an Atheist.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:21 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
If you think all those guys were atheists you need to study a lil more and listen to the talking heads a lil less.
I think we have all read enough to know these individuals were non religious to the point of being agnostic or atheist. I find it strange a well read person would make a comment such as this on these individuals.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
"If we go back to the beginning we shall find that ignorance and fear created the gods, that fancy, enthusiasm or deceit adorned them, that weakness worships them, that credulity preserves them and that custom, respect and tyranny support them, in order to make the blindness of men serve their own interests."

--Baron Paul Heinrich Dietrich D'Holbach
LOL. the rest was (for?) the economy, stupid, dunno who said that first.

would get a rep, presumably.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Did I say he was?...Just sayin' who is and who isn't for future reference.
Avec peur, I'll have to say, I didn't say you were saying he was. I just wanted to make sure

Besides, I got a kick out of your compelling urge to come to the defence of 6/8. Did the 2/8 quotient make you gnash your teeth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
I will reiterate what Alpha8207 stated and add that it is not education that determines a person’s belief in God rather it is pride. While education may lead to one’s pride in self it is not the certainty that some would like to believe..

And their vague followers who desperately quote them. It feeds their insecurities.

They're like.... I can never understand relativity. So Einstein is a genius. He is an atheist. Now that's something I can do. It's easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I find it strange a well read person would make a comment such as this on these individuals.
And the onus passes on to "finding it strange" about a "well read person". The wolf found it strange the grapes are perched so high. The grapes were still grapes.

This is called the diffraction effect. Hit into a stalemate and tend to physics one's way out, deriving personal gratification on blunting something of selective distaste, a feel-good methodology

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 05-01-2009 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Avec peur, I'll have to say, I didn't say you were saying he was. I just wanted to make sure

Besides, I got a kick out of your compelling urge to come to the defence of 6/8. Did the 2/8 quotient make you gnash your teeth?

And their vague followers who desperately quote them. It feeds their insecurities.

They're like.... I can never understand relativity. So Einstein is a genius. He is an atheist. Now that's something I can do. It's easy.

And the onus passes on to "finding it strange" about a "well read person". The wolf found it strange the grapes are perched so high. The grapes were still grapes.

This is called the diffraction effect. Hit into a stalemate and tend to physics one's way out, deriving personal gratification on blunting something of selective distaste, a feel-good methodology
I find this interesting as well...You have nothing to add to the topic but criticism of some of the posters. Am I wrong or is this a pattern?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I find this interesting as well...You have nothing to add to the topic but criticism of some of the posters. Am I wrong or is this a pattern?
While I value everyone's valuable input to this topic, I apologize mine stands devalued, sans peur.

I wish I could expedition to Fiji and add to the OP's statistics

Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
oh oh ooooohhhhhhhhh ....

quel domage!

?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
While I value everyone's valuable input to this topic, I apologize mine stands devalued, sans peur.

I wish I could expedition to Fiji and add to the OP's statistics
Strange you would say that......I have seen no opinion expressed by you in this thread at all, so how can you say that it is devalued? What is your opinion on the topic?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Strange you would say that......I have seen no opinion expressed by you in this thread at all, so how can you say that it is devalued? What is your opinion on the topic?
Correction: While I value everyone's valuable input to this topic, I apologize mine stands of no value, sans peur
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality