Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 04:33 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Most transitional fossils aren't faked. Paleoanthropologists, which are the scientists that work with transitional fossils can tell if fossils are transitionals if they exhibit characteristics of one species and characteristics of another species. Like the hominid species that began to transition from australopithecus to homo, exhibited features of both homo and australopithecus. The species characteristics would be more primitive than the species of modern day. Here's one transitional fossil-the Australopithecus garhi. The Australopithecus garhi is known from a partial skull. The skull that was found is different from the previous australopithecine species in some of its characteristics, namely the very large size of its teeth, especially the rear ones and primitive skull morphology. Some of the skeletal remains that were close by probably belonged to the same species. They showed a human features of the humerus and femur, but apelike features of the lowere and upper arm. This would be one example of a transitional. Transitionals won't exhibit solely characteristics of humans or just apes, since they're intermediates, they have characteristics of both because they're transitioning from one to the other.
Australopithecus was a fully Bipedal Ape. And again trying to force fit it into human evolution is just more speculation. Call it what you will, but the bottom line is, it was an ape. And it was not that much different from the modern apes we see today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 04:34 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Your talking to someone who has had encounters with aliens, so I do believe in things your mind may not even of considered. I don't need a web site to speak of my own personal experiences. There is a lot more going on out there then I believe you would be able, or willing to grasp.
Zeke, is that you? Why am I not surprised. Did you get probed? Maybe you are one of these aliens. I am sure I can grasp it, I have seen Star Trek! But I know it is only a movie. I think you are definitely having a problem separating reality from fantasy.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Australopithecus was a fully Bipedal Ape. And again trying to force fit it into human evolution is just more speculation. Call it what you will, but the bottom line is, it was an ape. And it was not that much different from the modern apes we see today.
Did you know that cladistically, humans are also one of the great apes? So you see how your objection is not really an objection at all.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:09 AM

25 posts, read 47,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Same old rhetoric ... same old closed minds... no one here ever listens to another person... they are roundly dismissed...

Do yourselves a favor and search for posts regarding what "literal interpretation" of the bible truly is.

As for us "literal fundamental" Christians ... again, do a search on what the term "fundamental" can mean ... please define your words before you paint others with such a broad brush.

As for liberal interpretations that agree with evolution... simple inconsistency with what Christ has told us he did in the beginning. Either you believe Christ or you don't. I don't see how you can have it both ways. Many do, but that doesn't mean they're right and I'm wrong.. or vice versa. But think on it for a while. Adding evolution to the bible creates many, many inconsistencies and basically makes God out to be incompetent. Many educated athiests already understand this, but for some reasons, Christians don't. Go figure...

Have fun, everyone, banging your heads against those brick walls, all the while not hearing what anyone else is saying. Good luck with that.
mams you couldnt have said it any better. It truly is a bang your head against the wall. Either you choose to beleive or you dont.
I think people try to shove their evidences at each other, but no one ever looks or sees what it is because they have their own glasses on and wont take them off.

I had made that long winded post on page 15, pretty much saying what you just said. There is no end to the debate, and will continue as long as both sides keep feeding it fuel.

Everyone needs to go back to page 15 and read what I said in that long post.

I wish one Evolutionist would make a half decent argument of how we all got here to begin with ?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:19 AM

25 posts, read 47,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Did you take the time to research those fossils. All of the fossils on that list are transitional fossils. Fossils are evidence of evolution. You can deny it all you want and say that they aren't solid sience, that doesn't make it true. There are many transitional fossils that support evolution, I gave you just a few of them which you can actually go look for yourself, not on your Creationist websites since you obviously need to learn something about evolution even if you won't accept that it is true.
Quote:
Fossils are evidence of evolution.
Wrong .. Fossils are NOT evidence of evolution. A fossil is a fossil, a rock is a rock.. Evidence is evidence, facts are NEUTRAL, its people who use their prejudice, their presumptions, their personal Bias, to make evidence fall into what side they want.
Im sorry rocks, dont talk, nor do fossils, we speak for them, and we draw our conclusions from our personal bias. It always has been that way, and it always will.

Change needs to be made with the mind and heart first, before changes can be made to the evidences.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Did you know that cladistically, humans are also one of the great apes? So you see how your objection is not really an objection at all.
You can call a human an Ape if you like, yet humans have a spirit where as apes do not. Apes will not enter the Kingdom of God, humans that know Christ will.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
In situ, as used in Geology. You employ a non-sequitur, simply because you propose a false dichotomy, since there are Christians that work in the field of evolutionary biology, Geology, Geophysics. Since your "evidence" is false, what does that say about your faith. Is your faith based on shoddy science? I hope it is not, because it will easily crumble. Believe me, I do have an open mind, but I can't open it to the point that my brain falls out. I think the people involved in these stories are actually lying, just like the alien abduction folks. I am sure there are hundreds of stories, they are easy to make up, especially if they can garner some money from unsuspecting dupes. You know, people lie giving "sworn testimonies" more so since there are no consequences to these lies, and they may have a promise of consideration, ie. $$. I have seen the figurines, I have also seen the pictures in the books from which the figurines were fashioned. I have seen Don Patton's cave painting that were shown to be frauds and painted after the fact. This is all going the way of Ron Wyatt's "discoveries," believing is seeing.
There are hundreds of such stories and I would find it hard to believe that all the stories were lies. Some of them are very well documented. And some of the stories came from long ago when there was no real money to be made, nor were there any great debates going on over evolution. The dinosaur figurines from El Toro Mountain were carbon dated and they were shown to be over 1200 years old, so I don't know what book your talking about.
There is also many art works from many parts of the world that depicts dinosaurs. Some of these are obvious, some not so. Yet, you would really have to have blinders on not see the reality.

Ancient Dinosaur Depictions
Hidden History of the Human Race - 06 (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/hiddenhistory/hiddenhistory06.htm - broken link)

Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
You can call a human an Ape if you like, yet humans have a spirit where as apes do not. Apes will not enter the Kingdom of God, humans that know Christ will.
So that is a distinction we have from the rest of the great apes.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
There are hundreds of such stories and I would find it hard to believe that all the stories were lies. Some of them are very well documented. And some of the stories came from long ago when there was no real money to be made, nor were there any great debates going on over evolution. The dinosaur figurines from El Toro Mountain were carbon dated and they were shown to be over 1200 years old, so I don't know what book your talking about.
There is also many art works from many parts of the world that depicts dinosaurs. Some of these are obvious, some not so. Yet, you would really have to have blinders on not see the reality.

Ancient Dinosaur Depictions
Hidden History of the Human Race - 06 (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/hiddenhistory/hiddenhistory06.htm - broken link)
Well, Camp, since you have pretty much left the planet of rationality, I am pretty sure you have no idea about reality. 100s of stories are easy to fabricate. We all can see what is going on here. It's just too bad you have been duped so much.

Last edited by PanTerra; 07-13-2008 at 10:40 AM..

Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Well, Camp, since you have pretty much left the planet of rationality, I am pretty sure you have no idea about reality. 100s of stories are easy to fabricate. We all can see what is going on here. It's just too bad you have been duped so much.
What would be the point of hundreds of people suddenly over hundreds of years coming up with stories of buried objects in the earth? None of the stories appear to be motivated by religious belief, and a number of the stories have been confirmed by the science of the time. And what evidence do you bring to us that would confirm they were fabricated? Is it that such stories do not agree with your view on Evolution that makes you not want to believe in them? And the dinosaur figurines found at the base of El Toro Mountain in the 1940s were dated to 1200 years. It was the inventor of the Bell Helicoptor that financed that test, and that story was not fabricated for it is well documented. They actually found about 36,000 figurines, and not one of them were the same. No one was duped here, this is called living in reality. Now I know to be a believer in Evolution you need to be shielded from this sort of thing. It is information like this that must be surpressed because of its reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality