Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Which has never been seen by modern man and yes I know guilding was something that was possible. Just not on chriot wheels except maybe for the kings or pharaohs not the average military man. Surely the guilding would have been more spectacular if the chariot itself was done?

Yes the Egyptians may have not the Israelites as they were on a trek hence they likely did not have the tools and of course the made a golden calf so these slaves of yours which somehow were never mentions in Egyptian records were the master craftsmen? If anything they wee slave labor in building like hauling big stones, maybe a lucky slave was used to beat gold to a sheet but really this is a bit of a stretch and why now discuss a non existent artifact as proof.
Wel then that I suppose debunks the dispensationalism argument then? You know 2000+2000+2009+1000 = 7000, or are you ignoring that in this discussion?

The whole foundation of the YEC claims 6035 years ago. Is this POV evolving?
A church site yeah right.
None of your proofs connect the dots

From your link:
The cores were analyzed in two different investigations—by Cesar Emiliani of the University of Miami, and by James Kennett of the University of Rhode Island and Nicholas Shack of Cambridge University. Both analyses pointed to a dramatic drop in the salinity of the water, providing compelling evidence of a vast flood of fresh water into the Gulf of Mexico thousands of years ago.
Ice melt?
Cesar Emiliani explains the results: "A huge amount of ice-melt water rushed into the Gulf of Mexico and produced a sea-level rise that spread around the world with the speed of a tidal wave." He adds, "We know this because the oxygen isotope ratios of the foraminifera shells show a marked temporary decrease in the salinity of the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. It clearly shows that there was a major period of flooding from 12,000 to 10,000 years ago, with a peak about 11,600 years ago. There is no question that there was a flood and there is also no question that it was a universal flood" ("Noah, the Flood, the Facts," Reader's Digest, U.S. edition, September 1977, p. 133).
It is also worth mentioning that the radiocarbon dating used to establish the number of years is imprecise after 4,000 years, so the time of this universal deluge could be closer to the 4,300 years described in the Bible as the time of the biblical Flood.

It is hard to believe that if the Flood were only a local event, there would be 80,000 different accounts of it from around the world that describe it as universal in scope. GN
You love contradicting yourself don't you? Do you ever read the crap links you post? Why would scientists use c14 to get a 11k record? So I guess from the article there were more than 8 survivors. Your proofs of themselves contradict their claims. These articles are for the uneducated in both science and the bible.

Even if all the ice melted, which it would have had to in a global flood or IOW, the rains and springs of the deep being the cause and not the ice melting being the cause, there is not enough water in the ice to submerge all the landmass in the world.

But then of course you ignore the ice cores having a 750k record. Tell me does ice float in America or does it sink? Maybe it is a northern hemisphere phenomenon as here in the southern one, it floats. Oh wait I have been to London and sure enough ice floats there too.

Lastly, why does your linked article state;
One of the most fascinating scientific discoveries in recent times regarding a universal flood came from some scientists who were not searching for any evidence of the Flood.
Why no dates or specifics? Conveniently omitted so that no one can corroborate their claims.
Another recent discovery that could have a relation to the inundation of the Gulf of Mexico is the finding by geologists William Ryan and Walter Pitman of the sudden flooding of the Black Sea basin around 6,000 to 7,000 years ago (according to their dating). "The salt water," says Smithsonian magazine, "poured through the deepening channel, creating a waterfall 200 times the volume of Niagara Falls. In a single day enough water came through the channel to cover Manhattan to a depth two times the height of the [former] World Trade Center, and the roar of the cascading water would have been audible at least 100 miles away" ("Evidence for a Flood," April 2000, electronic version).
Well this flood of the black sea is well known as a result of the ice melt and not a global flood, the Mediterranean sea is also thought to have been formed in a similar way explaining the salt mines located 65m below sea level.

You really need to research more. I rebut your claims from memory. I am sure anyone will find floods of the Mediterranean (more than one scenario) and the black sea should they choose to look.
That non existent artifact I believe is in Axum Ethiopia where it is kept for safe keeping. A High Priest keeps watch over the Ark, and it has been that way since the Ark disappeared. The Priest never leaves the Ark. And when he is old, another Priest takes over. Each Priest spends most of their life watching over the Ark, and only that Priest can view the Ark. Consider the link below. It's doubtful, that one man would serve his entire life for a lie.

The Ark of the Covenant - Axum, Ethiopia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 06:45 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Finally an admission of sorts.
Yup a reproduction of a 4 spoked wheel with an 8 spoked wheel in the same pic is sorta proof irrefutable for the valve handwheel seen at the bottom of the ocean and conveniently left there at the bottom when a simple recovery could determine the age of the wheel and support your case.
Sure do, the sketches are supposed to be copied from the original, I wonder if there is a photo of it and why seeing he does not appear to be dead or that old for that matter and a photo was not provided instead of a sketch. My dad died at 81 3 years ago and has pictures of his brothers and sisters as youngsters so it is strange don't you think? Mind you strange is the norm so forget that.

Google is your friend:

Oh dear, a 6 spoked wheel - guess that blows the 4 spoked wheel then?

And another - I guess they must have been strong to carry their chariots on their shoulders hey?

Never had the idea that these were depictions rather than accurate engineering drawings? I guess not?

Yeah I am sure fooled by hundreds and thousands of fossil records, age of the Vic falls, ice cores dating back 750k, Varves dating back waaay beyond the 6k YEC model and of course those pesky caves, all of which you never had an answer for earlier other than your non applicable flexi flow rates.

You certainly have all the non qualifications for a YEC the distinction of which is ignore the evidence that contradicts your POV and second on the list "make crap up as you go along" and thirdly "ignore it when I contradict myself"

Maybe you should read how your folk twist the facts to fit the myth The Exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of fossils, we just don't see any transional fossils that all in sicence would confirm is a true transional. Why is that?

2. 4 spoke wheels did exist, and if you tried to tell an archeologist they don't, he would laught at you.

3. Most finds can not be removed from the bottom anymore, and that law came into play just about the same time wyatt began diving in the Red Sea. I know this, because here in the Great Lakes we have that same restrictions. You can dive on the wrecks, yet you are no longer allow to remove anything from them. In the early 1970s, I removed some parts off of an old sunken steamer. This is not allowed anymore. I believe Wyatt did recover one wheel, and it was dated to the time of the Exodus.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If it was a hoax, why has it been confirmed by Dr. Moller?

Debunking Christianity: Coming This Fall, "The Exodus Conspiracy" -- Dr. Lennart Moller resurrects Ron Wyatt's photograph of a gilded chariot wheel

Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
That non existent artifact I believe is in Axum Ethiopia where it is kept for safe keeping. A High Priest keeps watch over the Ark, and it has been that way since the Ark disappeared. The Priest never leaves the Ark. And when he is old, another Priest takes over. Each Priest spends most of their life watching over the Ark, and only that Priest can view the Ark. Consider the link below. It's doubtful, that one man would serve his entire life for a lie.

The Ark of the Covenant - Axum, Ethiopia
From your link:
What visitors can see is the building in which the Ark is kept. Referred to as a relic chapel or the Treasury, it also contains the cathedral's treasures such as the crowns of Ethiopian kings and silver processional crosses. The other treasures are regularly brought out and displayed for visitors, but no one is allowed inside the building.
How convenient or are you going to tell us that the person laying eyes on the Ark will go up in a puff of smoke?

You call this evidence?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
1. Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of fossils, we just don't see any transional fossils that all in sicence would confirm is a true transional. Why is that?
We keep providing them and you keep ignoring them - even given you pics of living transitionals. Remember the walking fish?
Quote:
2. 4 spoke wheels did exist, and if you tried to tell an archeologist they don't, he would laught at you.
I am sure they did on drawings but no 4 spoked wheel would be strong. Amazing now with their alleged knowledge of foundry work, that they would design a wheel that is inefficient?
Quote:
3. Most finds can not be removed from the bottom anymore, and that law came into play just about the same time wyatt began diving in the Red Sea. I know this, because here in the Great Lakes we have that same restrictions. You can dive on the wrecks, yet you are no longer allow to remove anything from them. In the early 1970s, I removed some parts off of an old sunken steamer. This is not allowed anymore. I believe Wyatt did recover one wheel, and it was dated to the time of the Exodus.
Yeah we know, all the evidence is conveniently never allowed to be examined and we must just take your YEC liars word for it - I guess that is how real science works in your altered state of reality. As for diving on ships, it has more to do with respecting the resting place of the dead, so unless you can provide proof that the Egyptians today disallow archeological excavations in the same sense then I call BS. Oh wait, what about all the digs currently underway in Egypt?

Well find that evidence and we'll be waiting.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 AM

Jay

I doubt he will click or read the article. Keep debunking his rubbish as others not commenting that follow our links and his for that matter will come to the realization that all this stuff belongs in the halls of mythology.

The inerrantists do more damage to their cause by debating here and for that I will continue to oppose and expose the lies. Hopefully many may be set free from the dogma of lies they have been brought up with.

From your link
Summary: The Exodus Revealed video, directed by Lad Allen and funded by Discovery (Institute?) Media Productions, is based on The Exodus Case book by Lennart Moller, which is based on the "discoveries" of Ron Wyatt. Both the video and the book include photos of a gold wheel supposedly found in the Gulf of Aqaba, presented as proof that the Bible's Red Sea crossing story is true. But a TV producer's wife "was told by one of Ron Wyatt's sons that the chariot wheels that Ron supposedly discovered in the Gulf of Aqaba were planted there by Ron." Also, John Baumgardner, who is a Christian and initially believed Wyatt and inspected Wyatt's Noah's ark "discovery", later wrote that "I am almost 100% certain that Ron 'planted' them [rivets on the Ark]." Despite this and much more evidence that Ron Wyatt was a crazy liar, both Lennart Moller and Lad Allen were insidiously dishonest in promoting Wyatt's "findings" without disclosing Wyatt's history of fraud. [See the link below for more on Wyatt, much more.]

(I know the fellow who wrote the investigative review above, and even met some of relatives who live in Greenville, S.C. The family was home-schooled and taught young-earth creationist arguments. Two or three of the sisters attended Bob Jones University. Today half of the author's siblings have left the fold.)
See logic works even within their own camp sometimes.

Onward with the global conspiracy of real scientists

Last edited by SeekerSA; 04-11-2009 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-11-2009, 11:26 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Oh for Pete's sake...You are back on this no transitional fossil thing once again? You remind me of the three monkeys..Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil. You, my friend are a transitional species as are all living things...You won't believe that, I know, but the evidence is in your own body.

It is a series of fused vertebrae at the end of your spine. Today we still call it the tail bone, and that is exactly what it is....It is what remains of the tail our ancestors probably used for balance while swinging through trees. Once our ancestors gained the ability to walk upright millions of years ago the tail was no longer needed, but we still have the remains. This is an example of how slowly evolution works. To expect to see a creature or fossil that is half one animal and half another is just showing your bull headed or intentionally blind ignorance.

I'll post this once again...I suggest you watch it and save yourself further embarrassment.

YouTube - Evolution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality