Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times

Advertisements

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

many times the christians here arise this verse as a proof from bible that the only truth and the only way to enter the paradise is to worship jesus

my question is
is this the only verse in all the Gospeles which condemn whom not worshipp jesus as a God ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

many times the christians here arise this verse as a proof from bible that the only truth and the only way to enter the paradise is to worship jesus

my question is
is this the only verse in all the Gospeles which condemn whom not worshipp jesus as a God ?
in my humble opinion elwill, this verse doesn't condemn people who do not worship jesus as a God, but unfortunately it has been misunderstood (sometimes on purpose to manipulate people into belief)

What Jesus really meant for those who believe in the trinity, is that Christ is the way to the father, but who or what is Christ? most people equate Christ to Jesus, but Christ is everything! Christ is the intelligence of God who guides creation, it is called the son of God because for believers in the trinity it is the projection of God's consciousness into creation.

I know muslims don't believe in trinity, but I believe this is because of misconceptions on what the trinity really is, actually God is a single entity, but we all know that God is also the life behind our lifes, the thoughts behind our thoughts, etc, and yet God remains as a single entity, this is the same that happens in the trinity, we have God the father, who is beyond the reach of anything in another dimension, then we have his creation, where the intelligence of God (Christ) guides the spirit (OM, Aum, Amen, Word of God, etc) who is responsible for creation.

So what Jesus really meant, is that we should seek unity with this universal intelligence in order to discover what is the true reality and earn our inmortality back, prophets (pbut) were able to attain this unity and thus can show the way to others, so any true prophet is a Christ or to state it more properly one with Christ and a way to truth and eternal life. That's why they founded religious paths for us to follow and awake the Christ inside us!! this is the true second coming of Christ, when he is born in the hearts of all men we'll reach the second coming.

I hope someday all men realize that we are all seeking the same thing, and that we are all one single being, dreaming we are many instead of arguing who's right and wrong on their beliefs.

Peace to you, peace to all being of this world and beyond

Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM

thank you for your responding travelling fella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
in my humble opinion elwill, this verse doesn't condemn people who do not worship jesus as a God, but unfortunately it has been misunderstood (sometimes on purpose to manipulate people into belief)
it's my openion also that it dosn't condemn nonchristians or warning them , but i think some christians does , so i just wanted to know if there are another verses related to this point in the bible or not

Quote:
What Jesus really meant for those who believe in the trinity, is that Christ is the way to the father, but who or what is Christ? most people equate Christ to Jesus, but Christ is everything! Christ is the intelligence of God who guides creation, it is called the son of God because for believers in the trinity it is the projection of God's consciousness into creation.
for me , i think that christ is just a nickname refer to jesus(pbuh) , muslims believe that christ refere to jesus (pbuh) , God using this name in quran

Quote:
I know muslims don't believe in trinity, but I believe this is because of misconceptions on what the trinity really is, actually God is a single entity, but we all know that God is also the life behind our lifes, the thoughts behind our thoughts, etc, and yet God remains as a single entity, this is the same that happens in the trinity, we have God the father, who is beyond the reach of anything in another dimension, then we have his creation, where the intelligence of God (Christ) guides the spirit (OM, Aum, Amen, Word of God, etc) who is responsible for creation.
believe me , i know what is the trinity , it just dosn't work

Quote:
So what Jesus really meant, is that we should seek unity with this universal intelligence in order to discover what is the true reality and earn our inmortality back, prophets (pbut) were able to attain this unity and thus can show the way to others, so any true prophet is a Christ or to state it more properly one with Christ and a way to truth and eternal life. That's why they founded religious paths for us to follow and awake the Christ inside us!! this is the true second coming of Christ, when he is born in the hearts of all men we'll reach the second coming.
we are common in this interpretation

Quote:
I hope someday all men realize that we are all seeking the same thing, and that we are all one single being, dreaming we are many instead of arguing who's right and wrong on their beliefs.
i agree with you , in the end we are seek the same God

but my question realy was
if i worshipped the God the creator , the father in christianity , but didn't believe in trinity or in jesus as a God , is that mean that i will go to hell ?

i didn't read in the bible before that jesus (pbuh) commanded his follower to worshipp him , not also commanded them to believe in trinity and not commanded them to believe that he will die for the sins of them

Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM

8 posts, read 31,541 times
elwill, The bible say's in the book of John 1:1-3 " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God". John wanted the readers to realize that Jesus is God. God stepped down off His throne and dwelt among us and we did not comprehend it. Jesus came to give us life and life is when we liver forever with God. There is no other way to life except through Jesus, because He is the original createor, there is no other God besides Him. I hope and pray you find your way to Him.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:46 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Uh.... yeah... huh?!?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:51 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Some questions come to mind regarding this thread.

Is Jesus the only savior?

Is this belief the product of dogma and misunderstanding in institutional churchianity?

Is it the product of blind belief rather than a personal realization of truth?

Quote:
Jesus went very deep on teachings that in the surface appear to be simple - Much deeper than most people understand... In [his teachings] is the whole science of yoga the trascendental way of divine union through meditation

Paramahansa Yogananda
One thing is reading the bible, and other is studying the bible, discussing it and drawing conclusions, and even that way if our intuition is not fully developed we won't be able to truly understand it's message, so the help of a self realized master is needed, so to answer your question dear friend

There is not a single verse in the Gospels which condemn not worshiping Jesus as God, unfortunately, most of us human beings lack the spiritual development to really understand what is written there.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:58 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

my question is

Do you have a Bible ? Is it in a language that you can read ? Why not study the entire New Testament and see for yourself what it says ? then it will not be someone else's opinion, but just he word of God. Start at the first with the Gospel according to Matthew, and work your way through the bible.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltoftheearth View Post
elwill, The bible say's in the book of John 1:1-3 " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God". John wanted the readers to realize that Jesus is God. God stepped down off His throne and dwelt among us and we did not comprehend it. Jesus came to give us life and life is when we liver forever with God. There is no other way to life except through Jesus, because He is the original createor, there is no other God besides Him. I hope and pray you find your way to Him.
thank you for you respond , but it dosn't answer my question
by the way thank you for the prayer
salam

Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Some questions come to mind regarding this thread.

Is Jesus the only savior?

Is this belief the product of dogma and misunderstanding in institutional churchianity?

Is it the product of blind belief rather than a personal realization of truth?
important questions , and to find the answers we must study more deep in religion and comparison religions with open minded . with blind faith we will never find the answers and we will never realize what is really wrote in the bible

Quote:
One thing is reading the bible, and other is studying the bible, discussing it and drawing conclusions, and even that way if our intuition is not fully developed we won't be able to truly understand it's message, so the help of a self realized master is needed, so to answer your question dear friend

There is not a single verse in the Gospels which condemn not worshiping Jesus as God, unfortunately, most of us human beings lack the spiritual development to really understand what is written there.
i'm not sure if you are christian , but i really congratulate you for your honor,truthfullness and directly answer you gave me

i campletely agree with you that it's hard to understand what is written there , so that i believe that it was the reason which mohammed (pbuh) came for
we believe that mohammed (pbuh) is the comforter who supposed to guide people to the all truth , whom jesus (pbuh) prophesise about him

Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Do you have a Bible ? Is it in a language that you can read ? Why not study the entire New Testament and see for yourself what it says ? then it will not be someone else's opinion, but just he word of God. Start at the first with the Gospel according to Matthew, and work your way through the bible.
thank you for the advice , it isn't my aim to study the bible , i already have Quran , i just seek religions comparison and seek the answers from christians point of view about thier relegion

for me i already have my openion and have my view , but sometimes i like to assure about truthfulness af my little knowledge in christianity from christians themselfs , in the last i judge my mind , whether i'm was right or wrong in my understanding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality