Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:04 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,629,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Ahhh CelticLady, some of us are more in tune with our spiritual side then our physical side,I feel the spirits of my ancestors around me all the time and I listened to their wise counsel quite often.Maybe I'll tell mine to tell yours to wake you up the next time you're traveling through New Mexico...
Thank you, Ptsum, I would appreciate that! I hope 17271 knows that I was kidding them. I really wasn't trying to poke fun, or be mean, or anything, with my previous post. I honestly don't know much about astral travel, and it really does puzzle me how we can know we've been doing it, if it's all in our subconscious. I mean, how do we know the difference between traveling and dreaming? Or, is there a difference? How do we know it's not all in our heads? Guess I'll have to do a little reading, 'cause I sure would like to understand about that. I am ever curious to learn about new things, even if I am sometimes a little skeptical.

Last edited by CelticLady1; 08-27-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,782,470 times
Well, the dream both my daughters had were not just dreams of their grandfather, but in the dream he appeared to them from heaven. My one daughter had 2 dreams where he visits her from heaven, both times he was in the dining room of his home, both times he told her it took a lot of energy to come visit and both times he assured her he was with everyone and that he was OK and then he had to leave because they were calling him back. She has frequent vivid dreams but she said these felt completely different, they were not like dreams...she felt very strange when she woke up. In one dream she tells him she misses him and he says "I know"...at first I thought, whey didn't he say he misses her too, but then I realized he doesn't because he is always with us. That gives me comfort.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,680,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Thank you, Ptsum, I would appreciate that! I hope 17271 knows that I was kidding them. I really wasn't trying to poke fun, or be mean, or anything, with my previous post. I honestly don't know much about astral travel, and it really does puzzle me how we can know we've been doing it, if it's all in our subconscious. I mean, how do we know the difference between traveling and dreaming? Or, is there a difference? How do we know it's not all in our heads? Guess I'll have to do a little reading, 'cause I sure would like to understand about that. I am ever curious to learn about new things, even if I am sometimes a little skeptical.
I don't think anybody should be offended by a little bit of humor now and then,and it's good to have a little skepticism,that way you don't accept everything at face value and it should cause you to look into it further,a little skepticism is healthy.You would be surprised at what the mind is capable of doing if you allow it to,do away with the constraints of all the different doctrines and open your mind up to all of the possibilities,you would be amazed.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 AM

378 posts, read 627,758 times
Quote:
How is it that we know we astral travel, if we don't even remember it?!? We all leave our body, but don't remember doing it, because of the subconscious? Goodness, no wonder I'm sometimes still tired in the mornings! Too much traveling; I need to slow down! Sure wish I could remember where I've been, 'cause I would love to go to New Mexico!
Your astral body is in your subconscious. It's the dreaming mind, the subconscious soul-mind. Notice how we felt that WE were dreaming. Your conscious mind doesn't remember the dream because it never had it and was only awakened when the physical body moved. People say they have lucid dreams or visits, which makes sense since ghosts themselves look lucid/transparent.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 AM

378 posts, read 627,758 times
Quote:
I hope 17271 knows that I was kidding them. I really wasn't trying to poke fun, or be mean, or anything, with my previous post. I honestly don't know much about astral travel, and it really does puzzle me how we can know we've been doing it, if it's all in our subconscious. I mean, how do we know the difference between traveling and dreaming? Or, is there a difference? How do we know it's not all in our heads? Guess I'll have to do a little reading, 'cause I sure would like to understand about that. I am ever curious to learn about new things, even if I am sometimes a little skeptical.
Don't worry. Most people don't even know about astral travel, or what it is. The only time you'd hear about it is probably looking it up online yourself or reading a psychic medium book. Nothing to be skeptical about astral travel though... it's simply the natural event of the soul leaving the body.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 AM

22,670 posts, read 19,361,276 times
My grandmother died about 15 years ago, but it is only in the last 1-2 years she has begun appearing to me in dreams. She is very happy and the dreams seem to me to have two messages: one is to reassure me and encourage me in my current life in the decisions I am making (this makes sense because this last year i have been wondering about specifics regarding my life direction); and two to show me in no uncertain terms that she is happy and well and really just great in the place where she is

these dreams puzzled me and i went to a person in town who specializes in these sorts of things and he said my grandmother is very happy and also very happy with me; he said she suffered a lot of heartbreak in her life here on earth (which is true) and she is happy and smiling and doing well. It is exactly as i see her in my dreams.

he also described 4 other presences hanging around me who from his description of them are all other dead ancestors of mine, relatives of my grandmother. It felt like they had some message for me, and it is to remind me of my ancestry, this is very encouraging and exciting to me because at age almost 50 i have begun to study more in depth the language and spirituality of my grandmother's lineage, lost in my family. I also feel they are helping me directly in my studies which is very welcome.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,333,259 times
Not dreams, but my daughter has "visited" in other ways since she died 11 years ago, and some of her friends have claimed the same thing.

There is a wonderful, wonderful book out titled "Hello From Heaven" by Bill and Judy Guggeneheim, and I have even given it as gifts to a couple of people who lost a loved one. You would find much comfort in it.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,782,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Not dreams, but my daughter has "visited" in other ways since she died 11 years ago, and some of her friends have claimed the same thing.

There is a wonderful, wonderful book out titled "Hello From Heaven" by Bill and Judy Guggeneheim, and I have even given it as gifts to a couple of people who lost a loved one. You would find much comfort in it.
Just read some reviews on Amazon...the book sounds wonderful. I am going to get one for myself and my Mom.
Thank You!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,014,720 times
I had the same experience with my brother (he was my triplet brother, he died in 1985), he started to visit me in 2001 after the NDE I experienced. First it was as a lucid dream, then he started appearing to me at any time of the day. The first question I ask him, What took you so long it been 16 years, his reply was I wasn't ready. This went on until July of 2006. We had many conversations about his existance in the spiritual realm and he also gave me many insights into my own world. During his last visit he told me that he wouldn't be visiting anymore because he had chosen to return, I ask him where he was returning to, his remark was, The worlds of the creator are endless, I'm going for an experience. This was the last time I saw him, and Man do I miss him.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:17 PM

926 posts, read 2,751,723 times
I have had a few experiences like that and I do not beileve they were dreams, its such a blessing and I hope it brought your family peace and comfort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality