Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:43 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,793,387 times

Advertisements

My Dad passed away in March and both of my teen daughters have had dreams where my Dad visits them from heaven. He tells them he is visiting... he 'appears' to them. He has told them everyone is with him. One daughter tells me it did not feel like a dream at all. She has had 3 of these dreams and my Dad, who always worried about the other 'worriers' in the family would think she is the least to be worried about anything. This is why I think he comes to her.

Anyone else have a visit??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,491,061 times
I have had many dreams that my dad came back to visit with me and my mother. It's been a long time since I have had this dream, I also used to have the same dream about my grandmother. They are very comforting dreams.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,793,387 times
Did you feel that they were dreams or actual visits?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,491,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Did you feel that they were dreams or actual visits?
No I didn't, I don't believe this is possible. I think I had these dreams because I was so close to my grandmother and my daddy and missed them (and still do) so much.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 08-26-2008 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: changed word

Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 AM

378 posts, read 628,696 times
Spirit visits during dreams are called astral travel. Everyone leaves their body while they're sleeping, but before they do leave, they have to put the conscious mind to sleep. Most people don't remember this, but when the conscious mind is sleeping, the subconscious takes over, and that is when you astral project. In other words, everybody does it, but they just don't remember doing it.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:31 AM

672 posts, read 331,486 times
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
My Dad passed away in March and both of my teen daughters have had dreams where my Dad visits them from heaven. He tells them he is visiting... he 'appears' to them. He has told them everyone is with him. One daughter tells me it did not feel like a dream at all. She has had 3 of these dreams and my Dad, who always worried about the other 'worriers' in the family would think she is the least to be worried about anything. This is why I think he comes to her.

Anyone else have a visit??

I do believe that those we love come back to visit us in different ways. I've had very real "dreams" where a pet has come back and a parent has come back, both were very real, so real I actually felt their touch. These visits have occurred at times when I least expected it (ie: I feel I did not manufacture or bring on the thoughts). Each visit was very vivid and memorable, and each time I awoke "seeing" them.

If it gives your daughters comfort in believing these were not dreams, I say "what's the harm" in allowing them to believe they "saw" a loved one? There's a lot we do not know about death and dying and spirits.... I think that your daughters have been very fortunate to experience this.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,634,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
Spirit visits during dreams are called astral travel. Everyone leaves their body while they're sleeping, but before they do leave, they have to put the conscious mind to sleep. Most people don't remember this, but when the conscious mind is sleeping, the subconscious takes over, and that is when you astral project. In other words, everybody does it, but they just don't remember doing it.
How is it that we know we astral travel, if we don't even remember it?!? We all leave our body, but don't remember doing it, because of the subconscious? Goodness, no wonder I'm sometimes still tired in the mornings! Too much traveling; I need to slow down! Sure wish I could remember where I've been, 'cause I would love to go to New Mexico!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,896,780 times
My grandfather died four years ago, I was almost 9 months pregnant... I had a really hard time with it... I gave birth less than a month later...it was really difficult to lose him so close to her birth...he was so important to me and he even said he wished he could see her befor he died... he knew he wouldn't.... the odd thing is my youngest has seen him playing the violin.

For a long time he would appear in my dreams but wouldn't talk. He would be doing something to protect us though... like in one dream a Tornado was coming and we all ran into this room and were looking out the window, watching it head right for us... My grandmother was with us... he looked at her and looked at us and then went outside into the storm to stand in front of the window we were standing at... he stood against it with his back to us, his arms spread to keep it from hitting the window... he put himself between us and the storm...he was protecting us from the tornado.... There have been others... but this one really explains it best... but he never says a word... I wish he did...I miss his voice...

Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,041,718 times
About three months after my son died I had a dream in which he walked out of a crowd (wearing his favorite Hawaiian shirt) and came and hugged me and said "I'm okay, Mom". There was more to the dream but that's the gist of it...it was exceptionally real, not dream-like at all, and I still remember how he felt and smelled and the exact sound of his voice. It may mean nothing except a longing heart wishing to see him again...but I choose to believe it was my last message from him and my assurance that he was fine and not to worry about him.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,697,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
How is it that we know we astral travel, if we don't even remember it?!? We all leave our body, but don't remember doing it, because of the subconscious? Goodness, no wonder I'm sometimes still tired in the mornings! Too much traveling; I need to slow down! Sure wish I could remember where I've been, 'cause I would love to go to New Mexico!
Ahhh CelticLady, some of us are more in tune with our spiritual side then our physical side,I feel the spirits of my ancestors around me all the time and I listened to their wise counsel quite often.Maybe I'll tell mine to tell yours to wake you up the next time you're traveling through New Mexico...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality