Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Which religious organization follows the teachings of Christ and focuses on obedience to God, in spite of opposition and social pressures?
Many would say they do. Its just that they think they are the ONLY ones, because they live in a bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Many would say they do. Its just that they think they are the ONLY ones, because they live in a bubble.
Actually true Christians cannot live in a bubble since they are instructed to teach others. Though I sympathize w/ some who remain physically seperate from the world, such as the Amish, in response to Jesus' admonition-it is important to remember that being 'no part of the world' does not include isolating oneself. We are commissioned to preach the word to everyone and this also requires that we keep abreast of world conditions so as to be familiar with and understand how it applies to bible prophecy as well as familiarizing oneself w/ other religions. However, in the sense that these ones remain unaffected by worldly attitudes, I suppose it could be defined as a protective bubble of sorts.

Whether a particular group believe they're the only ones is really neither here nor there. But the bible makes it clear that only a few would find the road to life. So that is also something to consider.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
I wish xians would live by attraction not promotion; they mostly live hypocritical lives.
There is nothing less attractive to me than someone trying to convert me.

The bible is used to prove itself and to justify hatred for others.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM

118 posts, read 246,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't believe any religions are correct or true.

I'm with Huckleberry with respect to his definition. Unfortunately, I don't see that focus in organized religion.
Thank you ....

I think that this is not true, what is your view is that you are more of

the creatures around you and know more about who created all

these things, does he think of people !!!!! Not ...

We must look more and more use of reason to think ...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM

118 posts, read 246,803 times
islam is the best religion in the world ...

sure sure sure sure ......

we must know more about islam...

Thank you....

Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam01 View Post
hy iam slam iam new christien , i was muslim and i revert to Christianity, i live in muslim country and the people bother me here am not free , they are very rasist to me because iam christien , so i can't do my worship, i had 2 friends from usa they helped me but they put them to the prison , because they helped me to i revert to Christianity...... plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help from anyone ..... that's my msn if anyone want to help me i will be very happy "summer_in_miami@live.com" thank u so much
AdamO1 what do you need help with?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,993 times
without hardcore facts and evidence to present there is only assumption and strong beliefs. THat lack of fact is why there's so many different religions all basically rooted from the same initial beliefs.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM

15 posts, read 21,385 times
i think most religions have a small part of the truth. if you trust in JESUS AND HAVE LOVE for everybody, you got all the truth you need.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sasa View Post
Thank you ....

I think that this is not true, what is your view is that you are more of

the creatures around you and know more about who created all

these things, does he think of people !!!!! Not ...

We must look more and more use of reason to think ...
I don't know and neither do you.
You simply live on a theory that there is some omnipotent being.
Why waste your time?
When asked about the beginning of the world, the buddha would not response because no one knows.
I choose not to make things up and try to force others to believe it.
It's refreshing, xians should try it sometime.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkedz View Post
Love is a distinguishing feature of true worship. Jesus likened finding true worship to finding the right road and choosing to walk on it. It is the only road that leads to everlasting life. Jesus said: “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.” (Matthew 7:13,*14) Only one body of true Christians walks unitedly with God on the road of true worship. Therefore, it does matter which religion you choose. If you find that road and choose to walk on it, you will have found the best way of life, for it is the way of love.—Ephesians 4:1-4.

Imagine what joy can be yours as you walk on the road of true worship! It is like walking with God. From God you can learn wisdom and love so as to enjoy good relationships with others. From him you can learn about the purpose of life, and you can understand God’s promises and have a hope for the future. You will never regret seeking true worship.
Then why are many christians so filled with hatred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality