Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,123,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Depending of where you live, simply being the "wrong kind" of Muslin is dangerous...

BBC News - Iraq: Bombings in Baghdad and Nasiriya kill scores
In Iraq you don't want to be Iranian. Iraq and Iran have been at each other's throats since the Days of Sheba. Most Shi'i in Iraq are Iranian, Most Sunni are Arab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,903,082 times
It is interesting that modern day Iran seems to be very much against Israel.

However, it was the Iranians (or Persians) who conquered Irag (or Babylon) about 525 BC and allowed the Jews to return to their homeland and develop their religion.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
It is interesting that modern day Iran seems to be very much against Israel.

However, it was the Iranians (or Persians) who conquered Irag (or Babylon) about 525 BC and allowed the Jews to return to their homeland and develop their religion.
Also the largest Jewish population in the Mideast, outside of Israel is in Iran.

Just my own opinion, but I believe Iran is using the sabre rattling against Israel as a ploy to get by with placing Hezbollah in Arab Nations. I strongly feel Iran is planning for a very large takeover of Arab Nations and Israel is of no concern to them, just a means to gain the trust of the Arab Nations.

Just my own theory founded on nothing except of what little I know of past Arab/Iranian relations.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,903,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Just my own opinion, but I believe Iran is using the sabre rattling against Israel as a ploy to get by with placing Hezbollah in Arab Nations. I strongly feel Iran is planning for a very large takeover of Arab Nations and Israel is of no concern to them, just a means to gain the trust of the Arab Nations.

Just my own theory founded on nothing except of what little I know of past Arab/Iranian relations.
It is always fun to predict the future and then, if we live long enough, see if our predictions come true.

In the 1970's my Jewish friends at work and I often had lunch together and discussed world affairs. At that time, we figured Israel would gradually gain more control over the West Bank area and smoothly incorporate that area into the rest of their country.

We never would have guessed that thirty years later Israel would build a wall separating the West Bank area from the rest of their country.

When a country like Iran or North Korea or the Soviet Union in 1962 is bellicose, we have to guess if they plan to be aggressive or if they are being defensive and just acting tough. In the 1930's, we guessed wrong.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 AM

285 posts, read 298,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuCoop21 View Post

around six million Muslims a year convert to Christianity.

So we must be waiting till a few years further even one Muslim not remain in across the world ......

Old 07-08-2012, 04:52 PM

311 posts, read 606,345 times
6 million Muslims converts to Christianity every year

Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
6 million Muslims converts to Christianity every year
Yet Islam continues to show an annual increase in numbers and the number of Christians is declining.

Growth of Islam and World Religions

Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 AM

311 posts, read 606,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Yet Islam continues to show an annual increase in numbers and the number of Christians is declining.

Growth of Islam and World Religions
I could show you hundreds of websites (Even Muslim ones') saying that Islam loses 6 million members every year due to conversion to Christianity.

Islam is growing due to high birth rate, or that non-Muslim women marry Muslim husbands and are forced to convert, otherwise they cannot get married. Very very few convert by their choice.

Christianity might decline in some parts of the western world (by %), however it is increasing rapidly throughout the world. Islam would have been decreased further more if a Muslim wouldn't have been killed for leaving their cult in Islamic countries.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
I could show you hundreds of websites (Even Muslim ones') saying that Islam loses 6 million members every year due to conversion to Christianity.

Islam is growing due to high birth rate, or that non-Muslim women marry Muslim husbands and are forced to convert, otherwise they cannot get married. Very very few convert by their choice.

Christianity might decline in some parts of the western world (by %), however it is increasing rapidly throughout the world. Islam would have been decreased further more if a Muslim wouldn't have been killed for leaving their cult in Islamic countries.
However it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Christian, Jewish or Sabian woman provided she is pious in her faith. She does not need to convert to Islam. Some Christian denominations forbid a woman to marry outside her faith. Such as it used to be forbidden for a Roman Catholic or Greek Orthodox to marry outside Catholicism or Orthodox. But I think they relaxed that ruling in the past 30 or so years. It is still forbidden for a Jewish woman to marry a non-Jew.

Very many Muslims do not live in Islamic Nations and those seem to be the nations with the greatest growth.

The 6 million Muslims who convert to Christianity seems to be valid evidence, that apostates do not get killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality