Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel33367 View Post
Has anyone read books by Doreen Virtue or attended her workshops / seminars? How about ones at Angel Spirit Healing?
She has some very good cd's that I've read. Her workshops seem a bit expensive to me, however she does speak as a guest of hay house in vegas called the You can do it something or other. I have heard it is very good, with some very good speakers. Definately worth looking into.

She also has a radioshow on hayhouse radio that I've enjoyed listening to. Good luck on your path to healing with the angels, get ready for your life to change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times
While I do not believe in the winged verson depicted in pictures, I know for a fact that there are supernatural forces which look over us and protect us. I have had several experiences in which I would have died without such intervention. The latest one involved a runaway driverless truck headed downhill directly toward me. It had a covered bed and I could not tell that it was driverless, so made no effort to get out of the way. At the last moment, it made an impossible 90 degree turn up a slope, and settled gently into a stream bed. The front of the truck stayed level until the back had cleared the shoulder of the road then settled gently into a stream bed. It was only at that point that I saw there was no driver. I have replayed that incident in my mind and there was no way the thing could have played out naturally. I do have a gaurdian Angel and she works overtime.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
While I do not believe in the winged verson depicted in pictures, I know for a fact that there are supernatural forces which look over us and protect us. I have had several experiences in which I would have died without such intervention. The latest one involved a runaway driverless truck headed downhill directly toward me. It had a covered bed and I could not tell that it was driverless, so made no effort to get out of the way. At the last moment, it made an impossible 90 degree turn up a slope, and settled gently into a stream bed. The front of the truck stayed level until the back had cleared the shoulder of the road then settled gently into a stream bed. It was only at that point that I saw there was no driver. I have replayed that incident in my mind and there was no way the thing could have played out naturally. I do have a gaurdian Angel and she works overtime.
Maybe that truck did have a driver. An invisible one...

I too have had a close call, wherein I would have certainly died without intervention of angels. I too experienced an impossible instantaneous 90 degree turn (my snowmachine), preventing me from driving over a cliff/precipace to a rocky gorge some 300 feet below...

Bud

Old 10-11-2008, 04:09 AM

378 posts, read 626,464 times
I always believed angels could be true (no matter what they're called). Messengers of a higher power could be real. In The Bible, I don't think they are said to have wings, so that part we hear about angels (wings) could be made-up. But angels are simply spirits; though high in rank.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I think angels do exist and other types of benovolent spirits, but what about all of the truly horrible things that happen to people, animals, countries etc. Where were their angels or guardians?? I think it gets very simplistic to say that we're always covered by an angel--too many things point otherwise.
It's better to believe in good things, protective, etc. but it doesn't reconcile with the multitudes of beyond difficult things that happen to people.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM

BudinAk, The way that truck gently settled down into that stream bed, it was like something picked it up and gently placed it there. Thanks for your post. Now I don't feel like such a nut for admitting what happened to me. Phoenix Lady, Perhaps our gaurdian Angels are only permitted to intervene in certain circumstances. It could be that some of the bad things MUST happen in order to fill in a larger plan which we can not understand. I don't know, but you had better beleive that I give my GA special thanks every night.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:18 AM

623 posts, read 1,817,514 times
Wouldnt asking/praying to the angels for strength, wisdom, whatever be construed as angel worship--thus a sin by the 10 commandments?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM

jrice
I never "pray" to or ask my GA for anything. I simply thank her for helping me get through another day. I do not believe in your bible, so your sin and your 10 commandments mean nothing to me. To me my angel is a force which I cannot know or understand. I only call her an angel because I do not know what else to call her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality