Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:01 AM

378 posts, read 626,464 times

Advertisements

I have had several big coincidences and occurrences that are simply not possible by chance. These include experiencing the paranormal, then reading about the exact same experience years later. It also includes big coincidences that might've even changed my life's path. I think God helps us at times, but ultimately our life rests on our shoulders. That's why it's important to do good things only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times
You have asked a question that most of us have struggled with, and many continue to struggle with. I do beleive that there is a greater plan which we cannot understand and that each one of us plays our part. I believe that we are party to deciding our lessons on earth before we are born and we do make our decisions once here. However, we can ask for and receive guidance. This is something that you must look within and find you own answer. Hope this helps.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
you know
about 10 years ago , i asked this question to my teacher in the school
he replied me with an answer which satisfied me much

he said to me " you can consider our life as an open book in the sight of allah" he know the destiny of each character in that book , though he didn't force them in anything

for another example , the teacher may be can know which student will pass in his exams , and which of them will fail in his exam from his personal relation with them , though he didn't force that one to pass and didn't force that one to fail . he just knew what may happen to them

from another point of view , do you thought before about that God is the one who created what we calle a time
the time involves us , not involves God

what is the time ? how can we feel it
the time is determined by the circle of our planet around the sun and the circle of moon around the earth , God is above this system and that's why i say the time not involve God

but for your question about the limits between distiny and choice!!
it's a good question
in my personal though , i think that God controll the destiny of each one of us , we have no controll in our fate , we just trying to make it good by our free will choices and our free will decesions , that's why in our faith we should to believe in our distiny whether it's good or bad
we have the choice then , to be thankfull or to be patient and to be satisfied with what our God wanted to us and vice versa

what we should to focus in isn't our fate , we must focus in our choices and our decesions to be rightious and to be satisfied by our God , then we leave our fates in the hands of God
Good post and thoughtful answer.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 10-24-2008 at 08:02 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
God is not in our image; we are in God's image. I suppose that makes us substantially and corporally in His plan but that impersonal state would be beyond comprehension.

By the time We die it all made sense just the way it happened. In the mean time it takes a torturous feeling to know we fail. The heading God can ignore that, and we do ourselves better service just by being ordinary human, and heeding on our own.

What does Nietzsche mean when he says 'Human, all too Human'? Won't work. I guess.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Hi Monaliza,

This verse in the Christian scriptures , for example, helps to explain it for me:

Proverbs 16:9

9The mind of man plans his way,
But the LORD directs his steps.

and another one:

Proverbs 20:24

All the man's goings are of the Lord:
how can a man then understand his own way?

I believe that God has given us the ability to make decisions, that we have a self will or a personal will, but that ultimately, God has plan for each of us and that He is working all things according to the counsel of His own will (Ephesians 1:11) He even works the decisions that we make according to what His will is. There are many factors which influence our wills and many factors which indicate to me that we do not have complete free will. Our wills are limited. Do we choose the time in which we are born? Can we choose the families into which we are born, our race, our genetic make up? If want to become a great surgeon we may have this desire but aren't there things which might limit our ability to reach this dream like our own innate abilities, the opportunity to get the necessary education? There are many things that we have no choice over, many things that influence the decisions that we make and so I do not see that we have ultimate free will. Even the day to day decisions that we make are not made in a vacuum. There is something that causes or influences our mind, the decisions that we make. Here is an article which may help with your questions. Take care and God bless.

http://www.sigler.org/mckay/will.html

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-26-2008 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality