Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:53 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,188,083 times

Advertisements

I question if the two drinkers are sober enough to function with a clear head...So I'd probably steer clear of them...But I'd need more information before casting my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,382,168 times
Candidate A - worries me because of his association with crooked politicians - would need to know more about that association.

Candidate B - Think he is a big no but would need to know why he was kicked out twice and what office he had held.

The heavy drinking of the first 2 is also a concern.

Candidate C - He couldn't possibly be real - surely no politicians like him actually exist.

I couldn't select which one I would vote for given the limited amount of information. I'd need to know more about their stand on the issues.

Let's see, which is the worst of the bunch? He's probably the one who was President.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,927,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Well, that's really the point of this test. Don't vote for people based on your "morality".
Well then, you're going to find out that religious people tend to vote on their "morality" and non-believers tend to use logic and vote with their heads.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,330,456 times
Quote:

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.
Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.
Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.
A) Politicians are crooked, it's hard to not associate with a crooked politician - we vote them into office all the time. Consulting with astrology over government - thus in this case world - issues seems a little too off to me. As fas as his habits and vice I couldn't care less
B) All in all see A. I may be more accepting to see why he was removed from office, being that it was twice I would assume that this was during some sort of turbulent or chaotic time of fickle politics.
C) Again, I don't care about their vice. As far as war hero goes, it's pretty safe to say that often times one man's hero is another man's enemy or "terrorist" for lack of a better word. So again, without some circumstances I can't say just based on these.

The one that did opium in college at least tells me this person might have some sort of more rational policy for drug use. Which would gain some points in my book.

I can't really say based on this alone because for the most part, none of this makes any difference to me.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Well I'm probably old enough to know who all three of these are and if I'm right on that, I wouldn't go with Candidate A: if it's who I think is, he was probably one of the greatest presidents we ever had....

Old 12-07-2008, 01:40 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,036,579 times
definitely need more information before making a good decision.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:52 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,179,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well I'm probably old enough to know who all three of these are and if I'm right on that, I wouldn't go with Candidate A: if it's who I think is, he was probably one of the greatest presidents we ever had....
The candidate who was a president was one of the greatest we've ever had. I'm not going to reveal which candidate it was, yet.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 PM

Thanks everybody for the replies so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi
Well then, you're going to find out that religious people tend to vote on their "morality" and non-believers tend to use logic and vote with their heads.
Fortunately, there are some who are deeply religious, but leave their faith out of political decisions (ie. Blue62 and a few others that don't come to mind immediately).

Old 12-07-2008, 04:02 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,927,187 times
Quote:
Thanks everybody for the replies so far.

Fortunately, there are some who are deeply religious, but leave their faith out of political decisions (ie. Blue62 and a few others that don't come to mind immediately).
That's where the word "tend" comes into play. It's not an absolute

Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
That's where the word "tend" comes into play. It's not an absolute
You just spoke absolutely.

Strange how the majority of replies are by atheists or agnostics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality