Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Christ was an earthly king as well...as a devine king. Look at the lineage in the book of Mathew..it clearly states that he was the decendant of Solomon the king...through his father Joesph..after all who do YOU think his father was - God does not work in smoke and mirrors...also - Look what Pontius Pilate put above his head on the cross - much to the dismay of the so-called Judeans....."KING OF THE JUDEANS (jews).....Pilate knew who Christ was - I believe that Jesus and Pontius Pilate knew each other.. as for the so-called Jews not accepting Christ as a messiah king...well - firstly the detractors of Jesus may have not been native Judeans..."those who call themselves Jews ( Judeans) are not..." so my theory is that the actual Jews that do not respect Jesus to this day have a mixture of spite - resentment and guilt..that they allowed the Romans..to KILL - the best king they would ever have...and to admit that they did not defend their own king is to admit cowardice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
Jews who believe in Jesus Christ is still a Jew, unless he converted to Christianity.
And NO, it has nothing to do with "Evangelican Christians". There are thousands of Jews out there who believe in Christ and accept him as the messiah, but they are still Jews.

I had two Jewish co-workers who where reform Jews, attended synagogue etc. and still believe in Christ (But they never went to church or celebrate any Christian holidays).

I also don't understand why Judaism says "Believe in one, only God" - Well Jesus is God.
What's their view on that?

Jews who believe in Jesus have committed apostasy. They technically are still Jews but they have turned their backs on their faith and become Christian.

There are folks who are part of Messianic Judaism or Jews for Jesus and they are not part of Judaism. These movements are part of Christianity.

The co-workers you know who attend a reform synagogue and believe in Jesus are not Jewish in their beliefs if they believe in Jesus. Not sure why they continue to be part of a Jewish temple. Only they know the reason.

Jesus is not G-d he was a Jewish man who was an observant Jew who observed all the Jewish holidays and wanted to see reform in his own religion. He did not want to start a new religion.

In another thread you say you are not a Christian yet here you say Jesus is G-d. So are you a Christian or not???

Here is what you said earlier:

PS! I'm not Christian myself

Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 AM

87 posts, read 120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Jews who believe in Jesus have committed apostasy. They technically are still Jews but they have turned their backs on their faith and become Christian.

There are folks who are part of Messianic Judaism or Jews for Jesus and they are not part of Judaism. These movements are part of Christianity.

The co-workers you know who attend a reform synagogue and believe in Jesus are not Jewish in their beliefs if they believe in Jesus. Not sure why they continue to be part of a Jewish temple. Only they know the reason.

Jesus is not G-d he was a Jewish man who was an observant Jew who observed all the Jewish holidays and wanted to see reform in his own religion. He did not want to start a new religion.

In another thread you say you are not a Christian yet here you say Jesus is G-d. So are you a Christian or not???

Here is what you said earlier:

PS! I'm not Christian myself
Well my co-workers still say that they are Jewish, yet they still accept Christ as the messiah. For example my husband believed that Buddha excisted, and believe that Muhammad was born etc. does that make him Muslim or buddhist? He's still Christian.

Why is it wrong to believe in Christ according to you? So you're saying that the 2.3 billion Christians are fooled and wrong?

I'm happy you even admitt that Jesus even excisted, because many Jews out there deny that Christ was even born and excisted.
Many Jews (Especially Israelis) avoid anything to do with Christianity and its holidays.
Why do they call the Gregorian/Christian calendar for the "secular" or "English" calendar when it was created by Pope Gregory, and not by a secular/non-believer person
How would Jews feel if non-Jews referred the Hebrew/Jewish calendar for "secular" or "Israeli" when living in Israel?!

I'm not Christian because I was not raised Christian or baptised, but my husband is and my in-laws. However, I still believe in Christ.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
I also don't understand why Judaism says "Believe in one, only God" - Well Jesus is God.
What's their view on that?
The Jewish view is that Jesus of Nazareth is not G-d, and to worship Jesus of Nazareth is idolatry because it violates the 2nd Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibition against the worship of other than the one, true, and indivisible G-d.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
[quote=-Lucy-;21987147]Well my co-workers still say that they are Jewish, yet they still accept Christ as the messiah. For example my husband believed that Buddha excisted, and believe that Muhammad was born etc. does that make him Muslim or buddhist? He's still Christian.

A Jew who believes in Jesus is committing apostasy and has become Christian. They are Jewish in name only but have left their religion and people.

Why is it wrong to believe in Christ according to you? So you're saying that the 2.3 billion Christians are fooled and wrong?

I never said it is wrong I don't care what you or anyone else believes. Everyone has a right to believe what they want.

I'm happy you even admitt that Jesus even excisted, because many Jews out there deny that Christ was even born and excisted.
Many Jews (Especially Israelis) avoid anything to do with Christianity and its holidays.
Why do they call the Gregorian/Christian calendar for the "secular" or "English" calendar when it was created by Pope Gregory, and not by a secular/non-believer person
How would Jews feel if non-Jews referred the Hebrew/Jewish calendar for "secular" or "Israeli" when living in Israel?!

I'm not Christian because I was not raised Christian or baptised, but my husband is and my in-laws. However, I still believe in Christ.

Given the history of Christianity towards the Jewish people I don't blame Israelis in how they perceive Christians.

The Western world uses the gregorian calendar. But there is an Islamic calendar, a Jewish calendar and a gregorian calendar.

I think you just have a bone to pick and you are not being very up front.

You need to just call yourself a Christian and say what you need to say and quit hedging.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Well my co-workers still say that they are Jewish, yet they still accept Christ as the messiah. For example my husband believed that Buddha excisted, and believe that Muhammad was born etc. does that make him Muslim or buddhist? He's still Christian.
There is a difference in believing that someone existed and believing that someone is the Moshiach.

This explains why Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Moshiach, and this explains who the Moshiach will be and this explains what the Moshiach will do.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
It's referred to as the Civil Calendar.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Christ was an earthly king as well...as a devine king. Look at the lineage in the book of Mathew..it clearly states that he was the decendant of Solomon the king...through his father Joesph..after all who do YOU think his father was - God does not work in smoke and mirrors...also - Look what Pontius Pilate put above his head on the cross - much to the dismay of the so-called Judeans....."KING OF THE JUDEANS (jews).....Pilate knew who Christ was - I believe that Jesus and Pontius Pilate knew each other.. as for the so-called Jews not accepting Christ as a messiah king...well - firstly the detractors of Jesus may have not been native Judeans..."those who call themselves Jews ( Judeans) are not..." so my theory is that the actual Jews that do not respect Jesus to this day have a mixture of spite - resentment and guilt..that they allowed the Romans..to KILL - the best king they would ever have...and to admit that they did not defend their own king is to admit cowardice.
Just some points...

1- Interesting that a lineage would be traced through a father who had absolutely nothing to do with birthing Jesus - if one accepts the Virgin Birth.
2- Jesus was not a king - he a Jewish rebel who was crucified for sedition against Rome. His attempt at attaining the "kingship" failed. Any claims to "divine kingship" came after the fact of his failed "earthly kingship", it seems.
3- Pontius Pilate's sign does not make Gospel-truth (pun intended). The sign was meant as a warning to any other would-be kings who wished to rebel, and who would suffer the same fate as Jesus did.
4- Pilate's awareness of "who" Jesus "was" changes through the Gospels, starting with the first Gospel written. It finally culminates with Pilate being some holy character that the Church eventually canonized as a Saint. This is NOT the Pilate of history, or even the Pilate of Mark.
5- Pilate and Jesus knew each other? Like buddies? They hung out at the pub?
6- I don't think the Jews could have stopped the Romans from crucifying anyone, given how powerful the Romans were.
7- I don't think it was cowardice that prevented the Jews from "defending" or "proclaiming" their "king" - it was the fact that he was not their king. Why defend a failed seditionist? There were certain prerequisites to being the Messiah - and Jesus missed out on several of these.

This is a long thread...

Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Just some points...

1- Interesting that a lineage would be traced through a father who had absolutely nothing to do with birthing Jesus - if one accepts the Virgin Birth.

Divinity who have to come that route and tie JESUS to King David

2- Jesus was not a king - he a Jewish rebel who was crucified for sedition against Rome. His attempt at attaining the "kingship" failed. Any claims to "divine kingship" came after the fact of his failed "earthly kingship", it seems.

It's a common fact that JESUS was not a rebel he told Pilate that his KINGDOM was not of this WORLD as Pilate instantly understood that JESUS was no threat to him or the Roman Empire.

3- Pontius Pilate's sign does not make Gospel-truth (pun intended). The sign was meant as a warning to any other would-be kings who wished to rebel, and who would suffer the same fate as Jesus did.

Pilate sign was no more or no less a slap in the face of the Israeli ruling class of Rabbis that brought JESUS up on Trumped up charges to begain with. Pilate was simply involved in a bit of politics and control of a colony of Rome...The Royal Robe...The Crown Of Thornes..the sign on the cross THE KING OF THE JEWS a cat and mouse game between the oppressor and the oppressed.

4- Pilate's awareness of "who" Jesus "was" changes through the Gospels, starting with the first Gospel written. It finally culminates with Pilate being some holy character that the Church eventually canonized as a Saint. This is NOT the Pilate of history, or even the Pilate of Mark.

Pilate said of JESUS I see no fault in this man , yet the leadership Rabbis of the Jews pressed on for the death of JESUS.

5- Pilate and Jesus knew each other? Like buddies? They hung out at the pub?

The only hanging out Pilate and JESUS did was in Pilate wife dreams , she had a Dream about JESUS and told her husband to keep his hands off of JESUS.

6- I don't think the Jews could have stopped the Romans from crucifying anyone, given how powerful the Romans were.

Pilate gave the Jews a option of releasing a rebel-murder or releasing JESUS and they choosed the rebel-murder over JESUS.

7- I don't think it was cowardice that prevented the Jews from "defending" or "proclaiming" their "king" - it was the fact that he was not their king. Why defend a failed seditionist? There were certain prerequisites to being the Messiah - and Jesus missed out on several of these.

When day turned into night and the earthquakes hit AS JESUS HUNG ON THE CROSS one of the ROMAN Soldiers said of JESUS this must be the SON OF GOD.

This is a long thread...
And we all keep going around the Mullberry Tree.....

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And we all keep going around the Mullberry Tree.....

Yes, Roman Soldiers and Judean Governors working for the Romans claimed that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah - I guess they would know, if any would, right? His disciples, meanwhile, all ran away and left him to his fate.

There's no mulberry bush to run around if you consult Biblical scholars on the matter. There is a bush if you ask fundamentalist Christians for their opinion on the matter. I think it might be wiser to defer to a professional, rather than a Sunday School teacher in such matters. Just pick up any reputable work on the New Testament (Raymond Brown's excellent Introduction springs to mind, and it's a sensitive treatement of a sensitive topic) and you'll find a wealth of reliable information. Just sayin' - there's more to the picture than at first meets the eye, and it's difficult to base one's beliefs on a translation: every translation has it's shortcomings, and is never a one-to-one correspondence of the original author's account. If one doesn't have the time to spend learning Greek and studying the various different manuscripts available, one must learn to defer to experts and at least giving them a hearing before dismissing their findings as dangerous to one's belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality