Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times

Advertisements

What is being oneself? In most cases I am not meaning the specific individual who is responding in a sociological fashion to the experience of reading (determined by the self-consciousness of the reading to note vs. the actual reading at this moment); I would be meaning that part of it as a kind of Mode of living; but philosophically It Is the Mode of experience for the social faith you hold in projecting future determiantions of possibility vs. possibilities for One's situation in the medical, entertainment, arbitrary state of respectable human reality (we used to say 'social' reality; that is history), or Job.

Heck, does one in an appropriate mode of experience NEED God to find a Job?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 AM

225 posts, read 341,980 times
.................................................. ..............Say what now?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
What is being oneself? In most cases I am not meaning the specific individual who is responding in a sociological fashion to the experience of reading (determined by the self-consciousness of the reading to note vs. the actual reading at this moment); I would be meaning that part of it as a kind of Mode of living; but philosophically It Is the Mode of experience for the social faith you hold in projecting future determiantions of possibility vs. possibilities for One's situation in the medical, entertainment, arbitrary state of respectable human reality (we used to say 'social' reality; that is history), or Job.

Really!

Only an equally CRUEL "deputy" believing that hardship must prevail at all cost!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 01-21-2009 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: it's so easy, to keep them from knowing the truth

Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 AM

Default Well the difficulty of the smiley.

was ambiguous. I was only. dear. trying to present the case for ambitious stenographers. That surely is not a Mode of living. So the issue of being appropriate in the world of decision and compassion is complicated.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
was ambiguous. I was only. dear. trying to present the case for ambitious stenographers. That surely is not a Mode of living. So the issue of being appropriate in the world of decision and compassion is complicated.

My nose wasn't cute enough. I guess. I trust.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:

Step 1: Go find coffee.
Step 2: Sit down and drink coffee
Step 3: Get more coffee
Step 4: Drink more coffee
Step 5: Rewrite OP so that it doesn't sound like you're smoking something illegal

Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I also can't make any sense out of the OP and I'm not sure what you're really asking. Maybe you could clarify your statement. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 AM

No, I'm not drinking coffee; I'm drinking tea. Green tea, mind you. So there is this other realm of the possible in itself; and that solves the problem of Difference applied to Philosophy; not Faucault's or Schlesinger's sociology. You know that the ultimate universe was human reality or at least the one at concern at a meeting of the Iron workers of America; we've yet got to avoid that one.

Or we can go concern ourselves with that Cooper guy on the Death of the Family. But he's really in these days; maybe the latter part of Clinton and early part of Bush. ...

Last edited by tgnostic; 01-21-2009 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: filling in the communication

Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:
No, I'm not drinking coffee; I'm drinking tea. Green tea, mind you. So there is this other realm of the possible in itself; and that solves the problem of Difference applied to Philosophy; not Faucault's or Schlesinger's sociology. You know that the ultimate universe was human reality or at least the one at concern at a meeting of the Iron workers of America; we've yet got to avoid that one.

Or we can go concern ourselves with that Cooper guy on the Death of the Family. But he's really in these days; maybe the latter part of Clinton and early part of Bush. ...
I give up. I don't think you're from this planet. It sounds like you ate a bunch of philosophical blogs and then had a tummy ache and threw them back up in this thread.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:41 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I give up. I don't think you're from this planet. It sounds like you ate a bunch of philosophical blogs and then had a tummy ache and threw them back up in this thread.
An excellent way of putting it
(Whew...I'm relieved nobody can understand it either...was worried it was just me early this morning wondering whether it was my brain that was scrambled rather than my eggs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality