Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, if you don't have the Holy Spirit to help you understand the Word of God, then all you will see is just letters on a page that you can't understand. The Holy Spirit brings life and understanding to you when you read the bible. (Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law). There are things in the bible that are revealed by God to his children. But anyone can read the bible, but if he does not have the Holy Spirit then it want make much since. There are also things in the bible that are hidden from the enemy, not that God is keeping a big secret, its just that they can't comprehend scripture.
Sounds like a perfect description of the mental abilities of a resident of a psych ward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Buddist--feeds the hungry
Christian-feeds the hungry

Buddist-nurses the sick
Christian-nurses the sick

Buddist-lives a moral life
Christian-lives a moral life

Buddist-is honest in all he does
Christian-is honest in all he does

Buddist-DOOMED TO BURN FOR ETERNITY
Christian-Goes to Heaven. Never again to suffer.

Does this make any sense whatsover? Not to me.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:18 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I don't try to convince anyone. If I speak with someone about the Word, I tell them if they want to read it and learn, to ask for guidance, read it, and come to their own conclusion. If the "book" (which are actually books) don't mean anything to them, it may after they read it.

As for what we're doing here, it's a Christianity message board. If we offend you so much by telling what we believe, you don't have to read it.
Actually it is not the Christianity message board.........

Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:

As for what we're doing here, it's a Christianity message board. If we offend you so much by telling what we believe, you don't have to read it.
Excuse me, I've looked everywhere and can't find where it says THIS IS A CHRISTIANITY MESSAGE BOARD. Would mind posting where it says that? Thanks, because if we, as human beings aren't welcome here because we don't think the same as you do, well then, I guess I'll leave. But until then, I'll continue to post what I feel like posting.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm sure you've found some list off of some website and you really have no desire to ACTUALLY discuss it...but what the heck...let's have at it.

Name one.
Here ya go.

John 5:31 "If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is not trustworthy.

John 8:14 "Jesus answered them, "Even though I am testifying about myself, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going. But you do not know where I come from or where I am going."

Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Excuse me, I've looked everywhere and can't find where it says THIS IS A CHRISTIANITY MESSAGE BOARD. Would mind posting where it says that? Thanks, because if we, as human beings aren't welcome here because we don't think the same as you do, well then, I guess I'll leave. But until then, I'll continue to post what I feel like posting.
I think mzjamiedawn just took a little too much for granted.

Like yourself, I'm a human being. And as it happens, I'm not Christian. And what's more, nobody can convince me that I'm consigned to hell (assuming there is such a place) because of it.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
some they believe that Jesus is god

some they believe that Jesus is son of god

some they believe that Jesus is all

and that all is based from the bible

i think that this is one of the proofs that the bible has additions and subtraction by man witch caused this multi understanding about the most important one in Christianity and that is Jesus peace be upon him

Old 02-05-2009, 11:31 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually it is not the Christianity message board.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
You both are right, I thought I was under the Christianity part. Ok, so we're on the religion and philosophy boards, sorry about that!

Stormy night, you need to chill out. Have a little too much coffee this morning? You also need to stop twisting everyone's words. I bet you wouldn't want anyone to do that to you.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think mzjamiedawn just took a little too much for granted.

Like yourself, I'm a human being. And as it happens, I'm not Christian. And what's more, nobody can convince me that I'm consigned to hell (assuming there is such a place) because of it.
Nah, just forgot what portion of the message boards I was under.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
You both are right, I thought I was under the Christianity part. Ok, so we're on the religion and philosophy boards, sorry about that!

Stormy night, you need to chill out. Have a little too much coffee this morning? You also need to stop twisting everyone's words. I bet you wouldn't want anyone to do that to you.
I need to chill out? So here we are, a christian telling a nonchristian what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality