Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,842,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You've just explained the reason for the high divorce rate among Christians. Most Christians can't follow their own rules instead they preach to nonbelievers.

Bchris, you deserve to live your life as you see fit. It would be wrong to deny you self discovery. Even the Amish free their adult children for period of time, to travel outside the confines of their religious beliefs and allow for self exploration. We are all multidimensional, your religious beliefs are but one aspect of yourself. Enjoy your journey.
You are semi correct in this statement. But in order to be a true Christian you should preach to the world and not just particular groups.

As for your second paragraph, I am sorry but we should never incourage someone to sin.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,470,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
So two dudes can cuddle, spoon, hold hands, kiss, etc but as long as there is no sex its alright? In American culture, such displays of affection are usually only shown among gay men, and straight men don't feel comfortable with that kind of intimacy unless its in a joking way (which you see a lot of among teenagers). There are other cultures where there would be nothing wrong with such behavior, even for straight guys. Makes me wonder why Americans make such a big deal out of two guys touching each other but that is another thread.
This is an interesting point. When I first joined the military, I was stationed for my technical training in Biloxi, Mississippi which was only about an hour and a half (if you drove like my grandmother) from New Orleans. Naturally, my buddies and I would drive there every chance we had. We would head straight for Bourbon Street despite being under twenty-one and with the exception of very few places, we were able to get in, drink, etc... We always had a blast and some of the "freakier" things like the voodoo shops, etc... never really bothered us and we always took it for what it was.

Well, my parents came down to visit me for the weekend as they had never been to Biloxi and my Dad asked me what there was to do. I told them that I spent a lot of time in New Orleans, I really enjoyed it and that my Mom might enjoy some of the furniture shops in the French Quarter. So, we headed down there and when we arrived things already seemed a little different than what I had last remembered it as.

All over the place were rainbow flags and couples (men with men and women with women) holding hands, walking through the streets, etc... I must say that while there weren't any sexual acts going on in the streets like those who claim that Hurricane Katrina was intended for; there were men kissing one another, women kissing one another and we even saw people on rollerblades with their nipples chained to one another. In a slightly sadistic way, I wanted to know what would happen if one of them fell... But that's just a side thought.

Of course, my Mom and Dad had this very inquisitorial look on their face because I could tell they were starting to wonder why it was I enjoyed this place so much. They're not judgmental by any means and if I came over to their place tomorrow and told them I was gay they probably wouldn't bat an eyelash but I could tell their awareness was being raised at everything that was going on and I could tell they were slightly irritated at the whole ordeal.

I figured out that it wasn't the homosexuality that miffed them, it wasn't the idea of putting rainbow flags that miffed them and I don't suspect that it was the bad timing that made us end up there on 'Gay Pride Weekend' that bothered them - it was the open display of free sexuality.

That is what I think bothers people the most about homosexuality and it's quite evident in the doctrinal hogwash that is thrown around on this forum and all throughout the Christian religion. For some reason, a reason I have no idea why, many Christians believe that there is a God who loves, cares, and answers prayers for them but has instilled sexual desire so deeply within us and yet he absolutely seems to despise an orgasm. It seems to me that he should have added an "11th Commandment" that said "Thou Shall Not Orgasm". It is the open display of free sexuality that seems to bother people the most. People have, for some reason, thought of the orgasm as something deeply sinister and evil as though feeling good for a few seconds is the most horrible thing on Earth.

Yet, what I saw in New Orleans was simply freedom. It was escape from all of the nonsensical garbage most of the adherents to the Biblical nonsense and garbage will have you think. It was the freedom to say "I have a right to an orgasm and who gives a damn how it's done." Because, really, who does? Why is there such an incessant need within Christianity to become a bunch of nosy, judgmentally arrogant and ignorant hypocrites in explaining why it's wrong?

If you ask me, those who speak out against it the most are the ones who should be questioning their own sexuality the most. In fact, I'd venture to bet there are a few people on this forum who have already spoken out that have had a homosexual fantasy or two and they just can't stand it and that's why they try to sunder and plunder your own human sexuality. Personally, I think you should look into the history of the subjective warfare against the human orgasm (start with Lilith who is not mentioned in the Christian Old Testament but in the Jewish one) and work your way up and I think you'll figure out just why it is the Christian religion hates orgasms so much. It's something they can't control and when Christianity can't control something it gets very angry.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,899,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
If you ask me, those who speak out against it the most are the ones who should be questioning their own sexuality the most. In fact, I'd venture to bet there are a few people on this forum who have already spoken out that have had a homosexual fantasy or two and they just can't stand it and that's why they try to sunder and plunder your own human sexuality. Personally, I think you should look into the history of the subjective warfare against the human orgasm (start with Lilith who is not mentioned in the Christian Old Testament but in the Jewish one) and work your way up and I think you'll figure out just why it is the Christian religion hates orgasms so much. It's something they can't control and when Christianity can't control something it gets very angry.
WOW.

And they say Christians stereotype.

That my friends is the perfect example of an ad hominem attack.

NICE!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
WOW.

And they say Christians stereotype.

That my friends is the perfect example of an ad hominem attack.

NICE!
Actually, I thought it was a rather fitting observation given the overall context of this thread and the way this forum consistently seems to cycle itself around other homosexual threads. For some reason or another, Christians tend to have this obsession with homosexuality. And I suspect you've closed enough of those threads, moderated enough of them, to understand that there is most certainly something obsessive about the arrogant and cramped mindset of Christianity towards orgasms and homosexuality.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Actually, I thought it was a rather fitting observation given the overall context of this thread and the way this forum consistently seems to cycle itself around other homosexual threads. For some reason or another, Christians tend to have this obsession with homosexuality. And I suspect you've closed enough of those threads, moderated enough of them, to understand that there is most certainly something obsessive about the arrogant and cramped mindset of Christianity towards orgasms and homosexuality.
Sorry, Troop. I try not and make generalized statements about people groups numbering in the millions based on number of threads or posts I read here.

You see a Christian say or do something and you paint that picture onto all of Christianity.

Fine, have at it.

But it doesn't make it accurate.

Nope--ad hominem....classic example.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM

605 posts, read 1,108,909 times
Quote:
They better keep their prohibitions and minds off my orgasms.

*buddom!*

We'll be here all week folks!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,842,958 times
Quote:
I must agree with Alpha about your stereotyping.

If you want to know the truth Christians are not obsessed about homosexuality but it does seem to be one of the most vocal sins out there right now along with abortion and as they say the squeeky week gets the oil.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Sorry, Troop. I try not and make generalized statements about people groups numbering in the millions based on number of threads or posts I read here.

You see a Christian say or do something and you paint that picture onto all of Christianity.

Fine, have at it.

But it doesn't make it accurate.

Nope--ad hominem....classic example.
Ad hominem... Fine... But rarely have I ever seen in my life outside the forum as well as within this forum such an ardent disassociation and intentional misunderstanding of a group of individuals as those of the religious community set themselves up in complete and utter revulsion directed towards how someone has sex or who they have sex with.

It's very hard not to draw these conclusions when there is consistent pressure from the Christian community directed towards homosexuality. It's rather obvious the vast majority of Christians look at homosexuality as just another line of things that are simply "choices" made rather than something that constitutes what an individual is.

For some reason, it seems as though calling something a "choice" tries to demure the aspect of individual humanity associated with each person. It makes it appear as inhumane as a selection of Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevrolet, LP or CD, etc...

It truly seems that if Christianity can label something a "choice" rather than what constitutes the individual then they can change their mind about it and everyone would be happy. I'm sorry, but if you don't think there's a vastly ignorant and arrogant perception of homosexuals from the vast majority of the Christian community you should probably watch a little more of the news.

Last edited by GCSTroop; 02-18-2009 at 02:49 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,197,397 times
bchris -- PLEASE PLEASE do not waste years of your life trying to please these people who think homosexuality is a sin and that you can change with prayer.

You can follow Christ and experience real love.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if you don't think there's a vastly ignorant and arrogant perception of homosexuals from the vast majority of the Christian community you should probably watch a little more of the news.
If you believe that you should turn the news off and start going to church.

Hate to break the news to you, but not everything portrayed on TV News is accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality