Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 PM

500 posts, read 702,959 times

Advertisements

As if we didn't know this by now, Britain is no longer practice democracy, and freedom is speech is no longer exercised.

A few weeks ago, Britain deported a Dutch politician Geert Wilders, after he was invited to show his film "Fitna" in the House of Lords. On the flipside, British TV allowed Iran's President to give a speech. Yep, the same man that want's to wipe out Israel, the same man responsible for killing British soliders in Basrah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,593 times
Fitna? Give me some information on this film.

You're forgetting that Britain has a huge Muslim population; sum are just as extreme as the Irani President.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Fitna? Give me some information on this film.

You're forgetting that Britain has a huge Muslim population; sum are just as extreme as the Irani President.
You can watch the movie on Youtube (google it).

Yeah I know they have a huge Muslims population which is precisely why I made this post. With fear/terrorism, intimidation, spineless Liberals politicians and political correctness, Islam have changed the Western culture in Britain.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:07 PM

90 posts, read 134,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
You can watch the movie on Youtube (google it).

Yeah I know they have a huge Muslims population which is precisely why I made this post. With fear/terrorism, intimidation, spineless Liberals politicians and political correctness, Islam have changed the Western culture in Britain.

I am not sure if the culture in Britain is very good anyway - drinking, sex with stranges, STIs are they called that now?, no one stays married

hmm i am ashamed to be British sometimes.

Its good to have different cultures it reduces rasiscm.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:09 PM

90 posts, read 134,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
As if we didn't know this by now, Britain is no longer practice democracy, and freedom is speech is no longer exercised.

A few weeks ago, Britain deported a Dutch politician Geert Wilders, after he was invited to show his film "Fitna" in the House of Lords. On the flipside, British TV allowed Iran's President to give a speech. Yep, the same man thr at want's to wipe out Israel, the same man responsible for killing British soliders in Basrah.
why are British soliders in Basrah anyway?
Israel is not a country - they stole land of palestine - now many Palestines have no basic supplys such as water because Israel as cut off their water to use for their swimming pools

Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 PM

307 posts, read 479,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
I am not sure if the culture in Britain is very good anyway - drinking, sex with stranges, STIs are they called that now?, no one stays married

I and many others don't particularly like the moral climate in Britain. The OP is not referring to it. He is highlighting yet another example of the spineless grovelling to all things Islam. Believe me, our useless Government and its friends at the BBC and Channel 4, in no way represent or speak for the majority of British citizens.

Different cultures are welcome as long as they integrate with the locals. Muslims alienate themselves and have no intention of fitting in. This Muslim Council or that is in a permanent state of 'offence' of something or other.
On the contrary, racism is on the rise in my country.But gangs of Asian youths attacking whites doesn't fit with the entrenched belief by woolly-minded liberals that only pale skinned folk can be racist. We know this is a load of b******s.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:43 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Britain is one of the most respected democracies in the world and because it's a democracy it has to allow certain freedoms to exist that most of it's citizens find offensive. We have exactly the same problem in America. We have to allow racist groups like the Ku Klux Klan the freedom of speech and the right to assemble just like all of the rest of us have. Democracies may seem chaotic because all of this turmoil is going on but that's what keeps them functioning as real democratic societies. Many other democracies in Europe and elsewhere have similar problems but it doesn't mean they're falling apart, it means there're open and free nations.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 PM

307 posts, read 479,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Britain is one of the most respected democracies in the world and because it's a democracy it has to allow certain freedoms to exist that most of it's citizens find offensive. We have exactly the same problem in America. We have to allow racist groups like the Ku Klux Klan the freedom of speech and the right to assemble just like all of the rest of us have. Democracies may seem chaotic because all of this turmoil is going on but that's what keeps them functioning as real democratic societies. Many other democracies in Europe and elsewhere have similar problems but it doesn't mean they're falling apart, it means there're open and free nations.
With respect, MG, you are missing the OP's point. Geert Wilders was refused permission to enter Britain on the grounds that he might offend the minority Muslim population. The natives can be insulted from morning till night and that is of no consequence to the powers-that-be.

Correction. Britain used to be one of the most respected democracies in the world. It is certainly not respected today by the indigenous people who are the most spied upon (CCTV cameras) folk in the western hemisphere. Our ancient rights our being removed and trampled upon as I type, by the most unpatriotic and treacherous government in history.
You won't read that in the New York Times (or whatever paper you read).

The worm is slowly turning, though.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:20 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
elizabeth7 wrote:
Quote:
With respect, MG, you are missing the OP's point. Geert Wilders was refused permission to enter Britain on the grounds that he might offend the minority Muslim population.
I should have expressed myself a little better because I did understand the OP. The Muslim population in Britain has not been accepted as they have been in America as I mentioned in a post the other day in which I also mentioned that people from Pakistan are referred to as Pakis which is considered to be insulting. You've already had a home grown terrorist incident which was very serious so I'm not surprised that British authorities don't want to inflame the situation any further. Geert Wilders is not a British citizen, he's from the Netherlands, and he's very critical of Islam so this is different than trying to restrict the free speech of a citizen of Britain. It's a very touchy situation because you're trying to balance the rights of a visiting politician from another country and also recognize that your own population of Muslims in Britain have rights as well.
By the way, CCTV cameras have solved many crimes that would probably never have been solved without them. I don't see that as a threat to democracy at all and in fact I'd feel much safer walking through a city street that had them because I believe it would deter someone from committing a crime against me. Just a thought.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post

HERE COMES ISLAM TO SAVE US AND SHOW US MORALS. SIGH

I was NOT referring to Britain social morals. I am simply highlighting what a bunch of spineless politicians you have. The Brits are scared to offend your fellow Muslims because they know heads will roll. Free speech no longer applies there, however, fear, political correctness is a live a well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality