Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,620,342 times

Advertisements

We had a big rainstorm come through here today and it was finally clearing off a few minutes ago so I went outside to get my map of Nashville in my truck because my brother and family are visiting me tomorrow. I heard this strange cracking sound when I walked out the door but couldn't figure out what it was. As I was walking towards my truck about half of a very large tree came crashing down behind me. I've just been sitting here thinking that if I would have been several seconds slower that tree would have fallen right on top of me and possibly killed me. It missed the house but is covering the porch and the sidewalk where I was walking. I think it was pure luck but it gave me a creepy feeling. Anyway, it looks like I'll be around to annoy my friends at City Data awhile longer. I just felt like telling somebody about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
We had a big rainstorm come through here today and it was finally clearing off a few minutes ago so I went outside to get my map of Nashville in my truck because my brother and family are visiting me tomorrow. I heard this strange cracking sound when I walked out the door but couldn't figure out what it was. As I was walking towards my truck about half of a very large tree came crashing down behind me. I've just been sitting here thinking that if I would have been several seconds slower that tree would have fallen right on top of me and possibly killed me. It missed the house but is covering the porch and the sidewalk where I was walking. I think it was pure luck but it gave me a creepy feeling. Anyway, it looks like I'll be around to annoy my friends at City Data awhile longer. I just felt like telling somebody about it.
That is scary. Glad you are alive, big guy. Holy smoke!

Allow me to say, "Thank God"

Old 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times
Scary. Good to hear you're ok.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,757 times
someone help me, i think i heard it here....

is weird only an adjective? otherwise, i must have been experiencing some co-weirding....

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-16-2009 at 03:56 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
Quote:

Sometimes we seem to move out of danger just in time without realizing it. Glad that you are okay.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Whew, MG, thank God you were saved

Old 06-16-2009, 04:04 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:

God's love is endless, even if you don't believe!!!! You call it luck, but I call it grace. It doesn't sound like a weird experience, it sounds like you was saved from being under a tree.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Good to know you're alright MG!

Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
I would have said; thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus I am glad you are Ok. Life is good.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
We had that same nasty storm just after (or before?) you. After the tornado back in April, you better believe a lot of people in this town were watching those dark clouds nervously! In fact, I think I saw a little rotation at one point, but luckily it never amounted to anything. Glad you're okay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality