Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I don't get it. Is there some website or book somewhere with a list of all 5 million negative things you can attack the catholic Church about?
Who's attacking the Catholic Church? The point of the post is to inform and educate individuals regarding religion... Afterall, this is a Religious forum...isn't it?

It is interesting that voodoo is labled as satanic, demon possession., etc., but, if people would educate themselves and read, they would discover such demonic practices are not a part of voodoo worship. Followers of voodoo worship a spirit God just as Christians and Catholics and all three of these religions are related; yet voodoo is perceived and labeled as a "bad" religion and Christianity and Catholicism are perceived as "good" religions.

Last edited by dorado0359; 03-14-2009 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,276 times
2Corin 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Corin 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Corin 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,174,360 times
Most of the Haitian people who practice Vodou also identify as Christians.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Most of the Haitian people who practice Vodou also identify as Christians.
Exactly!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,276 times
Yeah well, as I said Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Lots of people say they are Christians but they are not. They are evident by their fruit.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
You really can't see the similarities between the two religions in that statement??

Priests, religious ceremonies, "healing", rituals, beggin' Jesus's spirit to come cast out demon spirits/exorcisms... blah blah blah...
Duh, that is the point. There is no similarities in the two. The OP was trying to say that they are similar and they are not. The reason they are saying this is because they have not research between the two and don't have any understanding of either.

In their headline they talk about dancing, but Voodoo are dancing to conjure up spirits unlike Christianity are dancing in worship of who they serve.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,862 times
I am not surprised; religion has always looked like a bunch of Voodoo to me.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Yeah well, as I said Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Lots of people say they are Christians but they are not. They are evident by their fruit.

Voodoo religion and beliefs are just as valid as those of Christianity and Catholicism. In fact, any religion or religious belief is just as valid as the other, and Christianity is no exception. It's shameful when one religion or group makes claims that their particular religion is better than or more valid than others. Christianity included.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,174,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I am not surprised; religion has always looked like a bunch of Voodoo to me.

Speaking in tongues.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Duh, that is the point. There is no similarities in the two. The OP was trying to say that they are similar and they are not. The reason they are saying this is because they have not research between the two and don't have any understanding of either.

In their headline they talk about dancing, but Voodoo are dancing to conjure up spirits unlike Christianity are dancing in worship of who they serve.
Spirits worshiped in Voodoo ritual ceremonies are Catholic (Christian) Saints. Therefore, Voodoo and Christianity are related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality