Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
Ignore stooges like funkymonk-his absurd comments are designed to cause anger. He is one of the many who seem bent on deriding the teachings of Jesus, which right there makes one wonder what his own dogma is-he claims he doesn't have one, but funkymonk you lie. His comments about teachings of Christianity are one of hatred, he is either an atheist, muslim or some crackpot who has decided like old Caligula that he is a God himself. This is the only post in which I will banter with this fool. Others, who read his post-just ignore him or her. What he is really saying is he does not like having to answer for anything he does. One can read the teachings of Christ with an open mind and see for themselves that he was more than just some man. He was the son of God and that is that. Time has tested our faith, as well as idiots like this person have. As the great Martin Luther King Jr. said of Civil Rights, but it fits here-We Have and We always will overcome! Especially when it comes to overcoming the small minded haters like funkymonk.
Ok first of all I am not an Atheist, Muslem or crackpot.

Second of all. That post was full of hatred and insecurity. If being a Christian we lead me into a mindset like you seem to have, then I will forever stay away.

I do REALLY WANT to understand Christianity more, talk about it and exchange ideas. I do not have any bad intentions.

I do not think that JC was the embodiment of God. That's my opinion. Why are you so threatened by this? Is it touching a nerve or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Funkymonk -

It's interesting that your conversation with MysticPhD revealed that both of you proved correct.

Mystic took the side that Christ was the manifestation of "God" on earth and that we are capable of achieving that.

You took the side that Christ was just another spiritual teacher and that we are all capable of achieving that.

Whatever the label, the outcome is the same.

That was a nice conversation to read until sweetpotater came in with so much anger and fear. There was nothing hostile in the OP, sweetpotater. Gain some confidence in your beliefs.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Ok first of all I am not an Atheist, Muslem or crackpot.

Second of all. That post was full of hatred and insecurity. If being a Christian we lead me into a mindset like you seem to have, then I will forever stay away.

I do REALLY WANT to understand Christianity more, talk about it and exchange ideas. I do not have any bad intentions.

I do not think that JC was the embodiment of God. That's my opinion. Why are you so threatened by this? Is it touching a nerve or what?
If this were entirely true, you would have entitled this thread as such, but instead you titled it, "Jesus Christ was NOT the embodiment of God". Doesn't sound like someone really wanting to learn. Sounds like bad intentions to me, and I'm sure to anyone else who read it.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 AM

^
Then prove him wrong without relying on the Bible.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
^
Then prove him wrong without relying on the Bible.
Had I thought he had good intentions, I would discuss with him why I believe the way I do, and yes, it would have included the Bible. Since, however, he is only here to argue, I won't.

Everyone knows I debate the Muslims a lot on here. This thread would be like me starting one that read, "Muhammad is NOT the last prophet of God", then go on and tell them I think they're ridiculous for believing such, tell them who I think Muhammad was but state it as fact, but then turn around and say, but I really want to learn from you Muslims! Whatever.

Just as a Muslim would be smart to roll their eyes and walk away, I will do the same. I just wanted funkymonk to know that if he wanted serious discussions with Christians in the future, maybe he could show a little respect, then he'd get some in return, and a good discussion.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 AM

^
Do you have ANY idea how disrespectful self-proclaimed "Christians" have been to me on this forum?

They have attacked and attacked and attacked the essence of who I am and my spiritual journey (of course, none have received infractions, mind you, since they are speaking on behalf of "God").

You want people to respect your views, get your comrades to start respecting others. That's where it begins.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
^
Do you have ANY idea how disrespectful self-proclaimed "Christians" have been to me on this forum?

They have attacked and attacked and attacked the essence of who I am and my spiritual journey (of course, none have received infractions, mind you, since they are speaking on behalf of "God").

You want people to respect your views, get your comrades to start respecting others. That's where it begins.
I cannot make anyone be respectful, although I think they should be. I try to respect everyone's RIGHT to their belief. I may debate that belief, may tell you I think it's incorrect, may disrespect that belief, or whatever, but I will always stand for your right to believe the way you want.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 AM

haha - "may disrespect that belief"

You're no better. Step down off the pedestal.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
haha - "may disrespect that belief"

You're no better. Step down off the pedestal.
Nah, I'll stay right up here where I belong looking down on you, you looking up to me, wishing you could be as good as I am. A wish that will never come true. Sigh.

Is that better?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM

At least it's honest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality